Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have you ever? Rage Quit?

Go down 
+8
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
JayMoyles
gjones
masofdas
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Jul 2018 - 22:33

It's the sport of emperor's

You know because New Japan is the best and is treated way more like a sport then WWE's Sport Entertainment
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Jul 2018 - 18:40

Drunkalilly wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
I need to get myself over to a wrestling show at some point - Wrestle Kingdom would be a dream for me.

Have you not been to any wrestling at all Jay? Man, get yourself down to anything you can, even if it's a house show by a local indie outfit. There's nothing like being in the crowd, feeling that exchange of energy between you and the performers. Wrestling is a different beast entirely if you're live compared to watching it on the television. You are, after all, the third character (fourth if you count the ref).

Nah, not at all which is bonkers considering ICW's presence up here. I'm going to a WWE house show in Glasgow in November though, so I'll be seeing some wrasslin' live soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Jul 2018 - 3:07

Ah, amazing, I cant wait to hear what you think Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 13:02

New topic and it's have you ever Rage Quit this comes from a tweet Jay put up about Pocket Rumble and personal experience with ReCore this week.

Slightly different ReCore to the norm as it's not multiplayer based but I'm near the end of the game played for 14hrs and where I'm too is the classic gaming trope you need to beat a bunch enemies and the next wave will spawn and you can move on as the walls of the area won't come down till you've defeated the enemy.

Why this has made me mad is after beating the first wave the next wave won't spawn in, when they did the ape-like robot got stuck in a wall and the time it worked I died on the last wave which made we go mad.

I'm more annoyed after all this time playing the game I can't do anything as I can't seem to fast travel out either, that I'm stuck unless it does decide to work like that one time and I don't die but then it may happen in the next three levels.

Yeah, this has ended up being more of a what pisses you off / last game not beaten but as it's part of EofGiz game a month cast and that not happening till the 29th roughly I won't put ReCore to bed yet.

Did Andy? Sort of rage quit at the meet playing Pocket Rumble by going shit game?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 16:02

I'm 95% certain that I've rage quit at least once when solo queuing in Overwatch. That game is infuriating when you can't coordinate with at least some of your team.

I don't really quit out of most games though - I just get really salty and miserable after a bad loss, which is almost worse in a way. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 16:59

Yes, many times, I'm a stresshead, PES is the worst offender, it's one of those games where defeat feels very unfair sometimes.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 20:19

I'm not sure what you call them. But I had a handheld pinball-esque toy that had little balls inside suspended in water. The object of the game was to use one of the flippers to hoist one of the balls onto a ledge. I spent about 5 minutes trying, before having a vision of Woody throwing a wobbly in the original Toy Story - the scene where he asks the Magic 8-Ball a question, before chucking it in disgust and then using that as inspiration to chuck Buzz out the window. So I shouted something at my toy and chucked it onto the floor in disgust. Then, still channelling the spirit of Woody, I slowly turned my head towards the fallen toy with a little snarl on my child sized face, to see the toy pissing water all over the carpet.

Obviously, having seen Toy Story, I was mortified that the rest of my toys would be really annoyed at me so I haven't rage quit since.

Oh, you mean video games. I get frustrated at fighting games sometimes, but that's typically been more the fault of having a wank internet connection. I've never bailed during a match though, so I guess that doesn't count as a rage quit.

The closest I normally come is getting annoyed that I can't solve a puzzle and then looking the solution up online. I then have a ponder about whether it was me being dumb or a bad case of "guess what the developer was thinking". Normally it's the former because I'm playing way past my bedtime. Generally I'm more likely to Dead horse for hours on end though. There's a section of Majora's Mask that involves you shooting an arrow through a flame to advance the puzzle. I tried that a couple of times, certain I'd succeeded in shooting arrow through flame without having the arrow ignite. So I concluded that the game didn't cater for a flame arrow, so I spent an hour or so making stupid guesses as to how I could solve the dungeon, eventually becoming so frustrated that I looked up the solution and - behold, it was what I'd tried but failed to execute properly on my first attempt.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 20:20

JayMoyles wrote:
I don't really quit out of most games though - I just get really salty and miserable after a bad loss, which is almost worse in a way. Laughing

I think I'm more like this in general. I'm a terrible loser. That said, are we including single-player bouts? Because I've quit from Smash several times on my own.

Online, I don't play much. My only massive rage-quit was from an online game of mafia. Essentially I was a very weak but innocent role, and was playing the game non-seriously because it felt like a non-serious mafia. As a result I played badly, got myself into an all-but-guaranteed-to-be-lynched position, and stormed off. I've not been back to that online community since. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 20:52

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm 95% certain that I've rage quit at least once when solo queuing in Overwatch. That game is infuriating when you can't coordinate with at least some of your team.

Aye, I'm more like this as well and the current worst offender for that is R6 Siege but I was way way worse when I was younger to the point I'd chuck controllers across a room.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 23:47

Muss wrote:
I'm not sure what you call them. But I had a handheld pinball-esque toy that had little balls inside suspended in water. The object of the game was to use one of the flippers to hoist one of the balls onto a ledge. I spent about 5 minutes trying, before having a vision of Woody throwing a wobbly in the original Toy Story - the scene where he asks the Magic 8-Ball a question, before chucking it in disgust and then using that as inspiration to chuck Buzz out the window. So I shouted something at my toy and chucked it onto the floor in disgust. Then, still channelling the spirit of Woody, I slowly turned my head towards the fallen toy with a little snarl on my child sized face, to see the toy pissing water all over the carpet.

This is brilliant stuff. Thumbs Up! Laughing

Jas: I've broken a controller or two from throwing it in anger after a salty moment when I was a sprog as well - not my proudest moment!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 0:01

I wish I was better at rage quitting, it'd stop me hating Mr Moyles so passionately.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 0:04

But I get such a thrill out of hearing your anger when we play Mario Tennis Andy, don't deprive me of that... Aww!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 8:11

Muss wrote:
There's a section of Majora's Mask that involves you shooting an arrow through a flame to advance the puzzle. I tried that a couple of times, certain I'd succeeded in shooting arrow through flame without having the arrow ignite. So I concluded that the game didn't cater for a flame arrow, so I spent an hour or so making stupid guesses as to how I could solve the dungeon, eventually becoming so frustrated that I looked up the solution and - behold, it was what I'd tried but failed to execute properly on my first attempt.

There was a similar puzzle in Ocarina of Time where you had to shoot a bomb plant with your arrow that just wouldn't click with me and I eventually gave up on a game and swapped with a friend (anyone else trade game for game with friends back in the day?). It wasn't until the Wind Waker bonus disc release that I decided to give it another shot and had that eureka moment, I chalked it all down to youth that I never got it at the time.

In terms of rage quitting against friends I'll juat stick with the rage part but this does lead to some embarrassing moments when the red mist descends.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 14:26

JayMoyles wrote:

Jas: I've broken a controller or two from throwing it in anger after a salty moment when I was a sprog as well - not my proudest moment!

Actually when I was younger I used to hit the controller out of frustration too. Sometimes I'd even hit the T.V., although being fatty scart things they could take a 10-13 y/o's wrath.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 16:11

Oh, I've punched a CRT TV before. The TV wins that round 99 out of 100 times.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 17:01

I've never rage quit from an online game before, that would be hugely dishonourable, but I've stormed away from singleplayer stuff in a huff. I actually have a scar on my right knuckle from punching a bed during a difficult Mario 64 DS section, forgetting I was on a top bunk and there was a bumpy ceiling above me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 17:14

JayMoyles wrote:

I was kind of disappointed the first time I did it. I remember an old episode of Eastenders that involved one of the characters kicking through a TV and it doing a miniature explosion. Whatever game I was playing, I felt it deserved the same fireworks.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 19:10

JayMoyles wrote:

I must ask: what happened on time 100?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 19:34

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

I must ask: what happened on time 100?

Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 70SDGuL
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 EmptyMon 16 Jul 2018 - 22:36

If only I could throw a punch as mighty as Douglas Jay Falcon...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever? Rage Quit?   Have you ever? Rage Quit? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Have you ever? Rage Quit?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3