We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other

Go down 
+15
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
Buskalilly
masofdas
Muss
Crumpy Andy
gjones
Kriken
EofGizmo
fronkhead
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyMon 7 Jun 2021 - 21:55

I only remember the one where there are three genders, and the middle one has invertible genitals.  (The Player of Games I believe.) Haven't read as much of those as maybe I should.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyTue 8 Jun 2021 - 2:14

The Player of Games is the one that anyone into games should read.
The 3-gendered race you're referring to is the alien race from that book specifically. The people in the Culture itself can swap and change things about themselves throughout their lives, its extremely transhuman.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 9:23

Anything from the direct not really thread worthy standout? I'm keen for Cruis'n Blast but doesn't mention anything about online which could be disappointing.

Danganronpa seems a good fit for Switch, doubtful I'll get the main games but weird party game might be fun.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 11:35

Hey, what about the Monkey Ball Collection? I'm on the fence myself (thus likely to "fall out" imminently); I loved some of the party games, and the aesthetic, but it was too hard for an uncoordinated buffoon like me.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 11:39

Wait for the Cappa review on that one.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 13:33

I bought Banana Blitz, but it wasn't very good. The multiplayer games were not too fun, and the single player was kind of ugly with some really frustrating levels.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 19:10

Banana Blitz is famously worse than the GC games though. I bought it as a Wii launch(?) title off the high from the other games' minigames (the single-player had always been too tough for me) and couldn't stand either the single-player (the snowy boss killed my will to play) or the cut-down games. A crushing disappointment.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyMon 28 Jun 2021 - 21:17

Been playing more Switch in recent weeks and if you've popped your head into the excited thread, a lot upcoming I'm looking forward to on Switch and that's just stuff we know.

Mix in backlog, deals, indies etc could be more than just Metroid Dread being played that I'm looking for a second controller as I've found in the last few weeks that having to need to charge my Switch Pro Controller a couple of times and the cable just isn't long enough to continue play.  

Basically thinking about picking up a second controller, which I'll just use when the Pro is on charge, any suggestions for something nice to use but cheap.

Tomorrow a Metroid Dread Switch Pro Controller be announced, and I'll want that, lol
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyThu 6 Jan 2022 - 15:36

Did get that extra controller, a (copy) SMASH Pro

Just thinking about the Switch line up for 2022 going into the system's 5th year and what we think of it, when we think things might come out etc

Jan
Pokémon Legends: Arceus

Mar
Triangle Strategy
Chocobo GP
Rune Factory 5
Kirby and the Forgotten Land

April
Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp

May
Touken Ranbu Warriors

TBC
Splatoon 3, I think this will be sooner than we think like May
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, July would be good spot
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, August feels good
Bayonetta 3, Maybe like September
Breath of the Wild 2, if it's not delayed then this must be the big November game

That would be a Nintendo published game for 8 out of 12 months and be surprises to fill it out more, along with Balla I know will get Monark on Switch where I'll get on PS4, the indies which things such as Neon White I'm keen on, ports like I think I'll get 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim on Switch will mean plenty on Switch in 2022.

But I'm really thinking Nintendo like when we go into a Direct, I feel we're going what's Nintendo showing us not what about that port or multformat cloud version, why I'm asking if a good line up for Nintendo?

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 15 Jan 2022 - 20:17; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyThu 6 Jan 2022 - 22:47

I never got to play an Advanced Wars game so that's one I'm definitely interested in, alongside those triangle strats. I wasn't impressed by the demo particularly but it's so rare to find games in that genre.

And of course, Pokemon is right up my street. I'm literally sat here in a Pikachu onesie. And I think Splatoon is a game you want to get when it drops ideally, so you can really get involved in all those splatfests.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyFri 7 Jan 2022 - 7:04

masofdas wrote:

Obviously I'm all over this.

Quote :
I'm bang up for this, haven't gone back to any Advance Wars since the last DS one released.

Quote :
Splatoon 3, I think this will be sooner than we think like May
I think we'll get a date on this pretty soon, and probably a testfire as well. Like Muss says, you wanna get in on the ground floor with Splatoon (though I'll probably keep playing for a while).

Quote :
Kirby and the Forgotten Land, Guessing around June
That'd be nice, little platformer for the summer.

Quote :
Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope, July would be good spot
This can fuck off.
Quote :
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, August feels good
Yeah, they say summer. I'll be on this like nobody's business, natch.

Quote :
Bayonetta 3, Maybe like September
Breath of the Wild, if it's not delayed then this must be the big November game
Obviously I'm extremely hyped for both of these. If BotW2 does make it out this year, September makes sense for Bayo. If not, I can see the Witch being the big end-of-year release.

That's plenty for me, along with Elden Ring on my PS4 and plenty of stuff I haven't played already, but I'm sure there are one or two more surprises to come too.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyFri 7 Jan 2022 - 16:03

Touken Ranbu Warriors sounds made up. That’s just someone sticking three random words together for a laugh. Anyone can do that. Look out for Wellington Penguin Spaghetti in July, and Briefcase Doily Crayons the following month.

Of what’s listed there, Kirby & The Forgotten Land, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3 and Breath of the Wild 2 would help shape together a really good 2022 on Switch by my reckoning.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyFri 7 Jan 2022 - 21:13

I genuinely think this year's going to be fab. Of course, I thought that about last year. I probably still enjoyed last year more than most though! (Gaming-wise anyway.)

Out of Mas' list, I'm on board for Arceus, Kirby, and BotW2, with RF5 and Advance Wars being possibilities. That's surprisingly little, but I've made some pretty big assumptions about big releases in the predictions thread. I had to look up Monark: it does look like my sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyFri 7 Jan 2022 - 22:20

That is little Balla, but I know you're not keen on what I would say two big games in Bayo and Splat but then in turn can't see Cappa getting Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak for instance.

Thought you might like Monark. Also, NLife this look at 30+ indies, which I'm keen for a few.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptySat 15 Jan 2022 - 20:55

Now Kirby is dated and talking about what I'm likely going to buy this year to Craig last night playing Halo when I finally got to level 100 on the Battle Pass, I bring up the running joke of 2022 year of the Switch. Know Buska will say last 5 years year of the Switch, but honesty think last year ended up being year of the Xbox.

I look at 2021 which from the stats Nintendo put out I did play more than in 2020, however looking at the games I bought and played, how does 2021 compare to possible 2022 games?

Atelier Ryza 2
Persona 5 Strikers
Bravely Default II
Monster Hunter Rise
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
New Pokémon Snap
World's End Club
Mario Golf: Super Rush
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
The Great Ace Attorney: Adventures
Sonic Colours: Ultimate
Metroid Dread
Shin Megami Tensei V
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond

2022 (Hopefully) I doubt I'd buy Atelier Sophie 2 on Switch it be PS4 instead if I was to do that, but I can still think of these I will get:
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Now goes against what I just said about AS2, but I want this on Switch as the nearest will get to a VITA version now
Bayonetta 3
Chocobo GP
Digimon Survive. A bit like 13S this one
Kirby and the Forgotten Land
Triangle Strategy
Splatoon 3
Rune Factory 5
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak
Breath of the Wild 2

That's 12 games already compared to last year's 15 without any announcements or indies, then to compare on a game by game basis like Pokémon Brilliant Diamond vs Pokémon Legends: Arceus, I'm hoping legends is the better game or Skyward Sword HD vs Breath of the Wild 2 even though I bang on about BotW a new Zelda is a new Zelda no matter how good the HD game is to begin with.

I feel, and I might be wrong, that 2022 list of mine is of a better quality overall then 2021's and kinda goes into what I was saying to Craig about 2022 year of the Switch if come June instead of buying the 70 rated Mario Golf, I'm buying Splatoon 3.

Edit

Looking back after finishing SMTV, I finished 7 out of the 15 Switch games I bought in 2021 with them all being Nintendo Console Exclusives (Most RPG's as well) where 8 I didn't was things like Ryza or even if exclusive Skyward Sword HD as played twice before. So what I've learned is just buy Nintendo games and not remasters, proceeds to buy 13 Sentinels, Blue Reflection 2, Digimon Survive, Prime Trilogy all on Switch lol.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 26 Jan 2022 - 14:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyMon 17 Jan 2022 - 21:55

I'll save my summaries of the Switch in 2021 for the votes thread and the Fifth Year Of Switch summary (since that's almost the same thing, nothing of note came out in Jan or Feb apart from Bravely Default 2), but... 2021 is my favourite year for gaming since 2017!  Okay it's only had the one truly brilliant game, but it's had an absolute stack on the next tier: I've played nine games that I'd give 8/10 (great) or above to, including four games from big publishers and one from a mid-tier (what the heck does Falcom count as?).  As objectively as I can I'd say that 2019 is the second-best year for Switch and 2021's offerings are largely on the niche side, but they're niches I've been happy to squeeze into. Smile

You're not kidding when you call it The Year of the RPG though Mas.  Of those nine three have been RPGs, plus Bravely at a high 7/10, and I've played four from other years in 2021 that I've enjoyed (Ikenfell, Tales of Vesperia, West of Loathing, Ys VIII); not including Deltarune Chapter 2, which I played and which released on Switch; not including Death's Door and MHR, which have RPG elements; and not including SMT5 which I haven't really started yet!  Phew.

I definitely think that 2022 should be better, especially from a Nintendo perspective, but I've had a great time with games from 2021.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyTue 18 Jan 2022 - 9:56

Monster Hunter, Phoenix Wright and New Pokemon Snap were big hitters for me, I loved Death's Door and I still have a copy of No More Heroes III in the cellophane, so it's been a good'n I reckon. When I get around to Metroid as well: Oh my.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyTue 18 Jan 2022 - 10:47

Yeah decent year for RPG's and things like Blue Reflection 2 reviewed well and know you're not multiformat but then bunch more elsewhere.

Was a good year but looking at 2022 and trying to be a tad objective with Skyward Sword HD vs Breath of the Wild 2 of what will likely be the better game, hopefully overall 2022 better again when you look at it that way.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyTue 18 Jan 2022 - 11:09

Kirby, Advance Wars. Splatoon 3 and Bayonetta 3 is probably already a better year in my book . . . Sunbreak mitigates the fact that 2021 had a Monhan, then if we get Mario Kart 9 and BotW 2 this year . . . all-timer? I reckon so.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyTue 18 Jan 2022 - 18:03

2021 got a bit mental towards the end. It’s only in the last few weeks that I’ve caught up with Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury, Big Brain Academy: Brain Vs. Brain, Gearshifters and Metroid Dread. I’ll have to find another time to go back to No More Heroes III, Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania and New Pokemon Snap. I didn’t even get round to Skyward Sword HD, Sonic Colours Ultimate and Game Builder Garage. Still, I can agree it was really good year for a Switch player.

I wouldn’t mind a quieter 2022, but I don’t think that’s what we’ll get. But with all the 2021 games I’ve yet to finish and yet to experience…it just makes me regret all that time I spent completing Balan Wonderworld.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 22:20

I have sent three left Joy-Cons off to Nintendo to be repaired, since all three (bought at different times) were drifting. Sigh. The only well-behaved left Joy-Cons is the green one from the Spla2n promotional set.

Still, Nintendo seem to be fixing them without having said I'll be charged for them. Having read other people's reports that's what I was expecting, but I'm still quietly impressed by it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 23:37

Speaking of wonky controllers my pro controller I got shortly after Switch launch seems to be done now (a bit of slight right stick drift & maybe gyro drift too) thankfully I've had the MH Rise one sitting there for nearly a year so I started using that tonight.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 7:04

The_Jaster wrote:
Speaking of wonky controllers my pro controller I got shortly after Switch launch seems to be done now (a bit of slight right stick drift & maybe gyro drift too) thankfully I've had the MH Rise one sitting there for nearly a year so I started using that tonight.    

Send it in, I bet they’ll fix it for free
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 21:33

Even though it's well out of warranty? Also it's not completely busted or even noticeable most of the time.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 EmptySun 20 Feb 2022 - 4:36

I sent in a Splatoon 2 pro last year, I’d bought it on ebay and it had no warranty, they sent me a brand new replacement. I’ve sent in two pairs of joy-cons as well, all out of warranty.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other    I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other  - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm a Switch, I'm a Lover, Talk About It With Each Other
Page 37 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next