Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo

Go down 
+7
Jimbob
OrangeRakoon
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 20:17

The Monster Mash Lot Will Have An Aug-asm This Month
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 20:36

Is Dead Cells on your list mas? As that's coming to all consoles on the 17th.

http://www.godisageek.com/2018/07/physical-release-dead-cells-ps4-nintendo-switch-finally-release-date/
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 20:38

It certainly is but didn't think Balla would think that's a big game or one he'd be interested in for his birthday, why he's waiting for Octopath now instead of getting in July.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 20:42

Quote :
roguelike

Aye that can shove right off. Don't necessarily think Jas was suggesting it as a Balla game, but it's definitely not for me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 20:58

Yeah I didn't think it'd be your thing BUT devs say it's actually a rogue-lite, here's their description:

Motion Twin wrote:

Dead Cells is a rogue-lite, Castlevania-inspired action-platformer, allowing you to explore a sprawling, ever-changing castle… assuming you’re able to fight your way past its keepers.

To beat the game, you’ll have to master 2D "souls-lite combat" with the ever-present threat of permadeath looming. No checkpoints. Kill, die, learn, repeat.

RogueVania: Intense 2D action with the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath in a castle full of cuddly creatures.

Souls-lite combat: Pattern-based bosses and minions, weapons and spells with unique gameplay. Roll roll roll your boat gently down the stream...

Nonlinear progression: Unlock new levels with every death, take a new path. Tired of the stinking sewers? Why not take the ramparts?

Exploration: Secret rooms, hidden passages, charming landscapes. A fine place for a holiday.

I've been following this one for a while and I think it leans a bit more to the Metroidvania side of things from what footage I've seen, but aye most of that doesn't seem to be your cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 21:01

I do like cuddly creatures...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 21:06

I think that's meant to be a wee joke Laughing because the game looks like this:

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 21:07

You know what, with a name like Dead Cells and a moody-looking swordguy as the hero I thought it might have been. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptyMon 9 Jul 2018 - 21:52

What can I say I like a bit of.......

Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 Tumblr_nia3peftop1rz1p6so1_500
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptySun 15 Jul 2018 - 12:46

I've thought of a game you'd want Balla next month but unless you import from Japan (wouldn't that be a nice gift), you will be buying from the eShop of what will be the best Zelda on Switch for some time.

Like sailors, I'm looking for name ideas still for next month.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jul 2018 - 13:41

I was speaking to Andy on Skype about how Squeenix and/or Nintendo have been fortunate in releasing Octopath in this month as there's really not a lot else out there just now to draw attention away from it. Regardless of whether it was great scheduling or great luck, I'm happy it's found itself with more eyes on it than if it had released in any other month this year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptySat 21 Jul 2018 - 18:35

Sony has shown that time and time again, every year (maybe not this year) everyone goes they've got nothing for the fall (Spider-Man this year) but they've released games early in the year and not much else around that everyone focuses on that game.

That's the same here, I do think it's a game the core would have bought anyway but with those saying how good it is and them talking about anything else has led others to get Octopath.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptySun 22 Jul 2018 - 19:35

It's a benefit of trying to have something big or big-ish out every month. I don't think they've managed to get it perfect, but they've pulled it off with Octopath. It's helped, natch, by the fact that by most accounts it's quite good.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptyWed 25 Jul 2018 - 16:29

I don't update these often after a new month has gone up but I've seen today on XBL preorders #Wargames which is the next game from the guy behind Her Story.

It's out on the 31st and at the moment I can tell you it's coming to XBL on that date and is on PC already, not sure on PSN or eShop.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptyWed 1 Aug 2018 - 20:42

I never played Her Story, but I liked the idea behind it, even if it was basically a movie-watching "game". There's at least a puzzle element to it. However, I think I've only heard disappointing things about WarGames - it really was like flicking between TV shows.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 EmptySat 4 Aug 2018 - 16:47

I have bought it and will let you guys know if it's worth the £4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo   Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Never Was There A Tale of More Woe, Than The Limited Games Releases of July-et and Her Romeo
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2