We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spider-Man does what ever he can

Go down 
+4
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
masofdas
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Spider-Man does what ever he can Empty
PostSubject: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 19:56

Spider-Man does what ever he can Spiderman-wallpaper-desktop-06-zz-11apr18?$Icon$

We don't seem to get many threads in the Nontendo as we used to and sure not everything needs one but a little surprised about this one with Spidey fans Athrun and Drunka.

The reason, why I'm posting today, is we got news that it is canon as part of Spider-Geddon. I don't know what that will mean to the comic and game also in the future, like will The Avengers game also be canon.

I'm just very excited about swinging around NYC.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 21:48

This is one of them I've pretty much ignored to make the most of it when I do play it. I've enjoyed Insomniac's stuff in the past so I've got high hopes for this.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 22:57

This has swung under the radar for me, but I know I'll end up bloody loving it when I get to grips with Spidey. Thumbs Up!

I'm just hoping and praying for a pizza delivery minigame. Come on Insomniac, you know what to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyTue 21 Aug 2018 - 23:34

JayMoyles wrote:
This has swung under the radar for me, but I know I'll end up bloody loving it when I get to grips with Spidey. Thumbs Up!

I'm just hoping and praying for a pizza delivery minigame. Come on Insomniac, you know what to do.

----

I've only watched the 2 trailers for this as like smurf says there's no point spoiling it before you get your hands on it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyThu 23 Aug 2018 - 17:49

I've not watched any trailers but did see E3 which had I guess spoilers in it, which is a shame but how it all comes together should be fun.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyFri 24 Aug 2018 - 23:15

The_Jaster wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Neutral

No. Not that.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptySat 25 Aug 2018 - 0:03

Spider-Man does what ever he can Giphy
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptySat 8 Sep 2018 - 16:33

Managed to get a couple of hours of play in, and this game is a Spidey fans dream so far. Web swinging is easily the best we've seen, absolutely nailing both that sense of weight that Spider-Man 2 had along with the speed in other games, for what feels like the most accurate depiction of swinging you can get.

Combat is fantastic. People like to say "oh it's Arkham's combat!", but I feel that's the wrong way to look at it, Arkham's combat always felt like a stealth-Spiderman combat system and this takes it and refines it while throwing plenty of its own spin in.

Story so far, well, as a fan of the webswinger it's hitting all the right buttons, and that's all I'll say on that mark. The banter, the quips, everything feels exactly as it should. Two hours in and I can say without a doubt they've nailed Spidey in characterisation and casting. Yuri Lowenthal is a perfect fit for the role, I knew he'd be great the moment I first heard him in the 2016 trailer but playing the game he's absolutely nailing it. Every other actor is on point too, the casting and performances so far have been sublime.

Also I'm loving the collectibles aspect, with Peter's commentary about the stuff. Really makes me feel like actually doing everything, which is a rarity with open-world games. But between how great web-swinging feels, how much fun the action is, and how much fun the collectibles themselves have been so far... Yeah, this is a game I can see myself putting in the time to platinum.

I know I'm raving only two hours in, but that's just how much the game's impressed me so far. As a long-time fan of the character I really we might've just got the definitive Spider-Man video game, and that just makes me really happy.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptySun 9 Sep 2018 - 3:10

Athers is probably the only person whos take I needed on this game. I'm sure its a competent piece of software. What makes me want to buy a PS4 for it is the Spidey factor.

I agree on the Arkham thing, too. Batman doesn't have a spidey sense, that's clearly a Spider-Man combat system.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptySun 9 Sep 2018 - 15:04

If ever there was a gane worth buying a PS4 for I think this is it.

They've just put so much effort in to it and it shows, I'm not gonna pretend to be a huge expert on the wider Spiderman universe but there seems to be a lot of attention to detail.

I get the Arkham references but I probably prefer the combat in this because there's so much more to it, it doesn't help that they have different buttons for the dodge though as I'm constantly pressing triangle by accident and getting hit because of it.

Also how good is the web slinging? It just feels so fluid moving through the city at speed and chaining together all the techniques to stay off the ground.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptySun 9 Sep 2018 - 18:05

I know I'll likely end up enjoying this when I'm sitting down and playing it but I'm just not that arsed about buying it just yet, the biggest thing that puts me off is the open world aspect. How are the side quests etc?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 12:05

Treesmurf wrote:

It looks good but come on now Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 14:10

Can't really add anything of merit as I've only played another hour and a half since my first session, the story is great though.  They've absolutely nailed the story as I first thought.  Also I was not expecting  

Spoiler:

About to hit my first proper side-quest, so we'll see whether the meaty side-content is up to snuff. The main story definitely is, so we'll see what the side-course has to offer next.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 15:36

I've finished it now and the story and general game play is great. The side content is massively lacking though. After Batman managed to tie everything in to a different villain almost of the side content leaned into just being a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. It would be nice to have some of that, but something with a bit more purpose would've been nice.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyMon 10 Sep 2018 - 16:44

Aye, can't really add much more beyond what's been said here. There's a real sense of polish and care given to this game - you've probably seen the tweet showing the different vocal takes depending on if Spidey is stationary or is exerting himself, which is ace. The web swinging is satisfying too and doesn't feel dull like traversing the city in other super-hero games. The combat's felt a bit samey so far to me, but I'm sure it'll open up as I unlock more abilities and gadgets.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 13:03

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:

It looks good but come on now Razz

Now I tend to agree with you OR, the PS4 has some far better games and this is in reply to Drunka had I would have said Bloodborne would have been that system seller but it wasn't.

With Spider-Man I've seen loads on Twitter, Facebook etc picking up a PS4 for it.

I do think they're better games but Spider-Man is a system seller.

Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyTue 11 Sep 2018 - 15:20

It's the brand as much as the game then I guess
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 11:14

I'm actually really enjoying the side-quests. Sure they're all standalone errands, but they all mean more game time and it suits the character. Spidey isn't always handling end of the world stuff or in desperate struggles. Often he's busting regular criminals, or just helping out. He's a street level hero because of how he always wants to help out, and I feel the side-quests cover that aspect nicely and avoid the insufferable content previous games have done with the concept.

Had a look at the map and realised that half the side-content still isn't even available yet. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 15:41

It sounds like the same ones might repeat themselves then, if that's the case then I can see why some folk would like to have something with a bit more depth to it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 17:50

I've almost got the plat and it does lack sidequests and most of the content is base stuff that I've got left and it's just horde mode which is getting a tad boring now.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyThu 13 Sep 2018 - 21:50

I'm just having a blast beating up baddies as Spider-Man - I do not care one bit that the same sort of scenarios are popping up. Had the game not been as fun to play, then yeah, I'd probably be rolling my eyes at the side content. For now, I'm loving it.

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptySat 15 Sep 2018 - 14:19

God I love the electric punch ability.  Wading into a pack of enemies and electrocuting the lot of them by punching only a few of them and watching the electricuty transfer is so ridiculously satisfying.  

Also the Not!Deadpool outfit is awesome.  Pretty sure it's that awesome anti-Sinister Six suit from the Big Time run, which I really loved (even if the suit itself jobbed big time during the arc.  Still it looked the part and it was cool to see Peter with resources counter-play the Sinister Six so thoroughly).

Aaand yep, it's the anti-Sinister Six suit. One of a fair number of suits from the Big Time era in the game.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptySun 16 Sep 2018 - 14:01

masofdas wrote:
OrangeRakoon wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:

It looks good but come on now [smiley]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/smiley]

Now I tend to agree with you OR, the PS4 has some far better games and this is in reply to Drunka had I would have said Bloodborne would have been that system seller but it wasn't.

With Spider-Man I've seen loads on Twitter, Facebook etc picking up a PS4 for it.

I do think they're better games but Spider-Man is a system seller.

My comment is definitely helped by it being Spiderman, if it were some new ip or lesser known character it might not be the case but anyone with even a slight interest in Superheroes will get a kick from this. Obviously there's plenty of other PS4 games people should play but I think is the exclusive with the widest appeal.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 22:46

That's me finished with this for now - got the plat, rinsed the majority of the side-content beyond some super hidden collectables that don't count towards completion and getting the gold in the challenges. I really enjoyed this and it's got me dead excited for a "MGU" or something of the sort to come down the line if we get games of a similar calibre moving forwards. Top stuff. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can EmptyTue 18 Sep 2018 - 13:46

Insomniac have basically confirmed an MGU, it is going to be interesting going forward as Spider-Man is exclusive and I'm guessing Avengers will be multi-format that I'm not sure how they will handle that going forward.

Though from playing Spider-Man it does stand on its own much like some of the MCU and we do know it's cannon as part of Spider-Geddon, so be interesting if that plays out in any way as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can Empty

Back to top Go down

Spider-Man does what ever he can
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next