We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spider-Man does what ever he can

Go down 
+4
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
masofdas
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

Spider-Man does what ever he can - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can - Page 2 EmptyTue 18 Sep 2018 - 20:11

Welp, everything's gone to s*** in New York city.

Spoiler:

In the final act now, looking forward to seeing how things wrap up. But first gotta clear up all the new side-content that's popped up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Sep 2018 - 17:02

You know, I said a bit of this in my review, but I really need to say it more fully here.  This game cuts to the core of what and who Spider-Man is better than any other adaptation (yes, even my beloved Homecoming).  Yes, there are superheroics.  Yes, the game is a story about a superhero saving New York and the world.  But it's also a story of a man trying to do his best for the world and those he loves.  

Show me any scene in the movies as moving as Peter with his final confrontation with the main villain.  His realisation that he has to let

ending spoilers:

I love the ways they showed the principle of great power and great responsibility.  Not just a slogan, but a meaningful mantra that has genuine sacrifices attached to it.  

Show me a scene as moving as when you realise that Osborn, while a complete jerk and absolutely a powerhungry arse, is also a loving father that has gone through too much personal pain and will do anything for his family.  

All of this is what makes Spiderman so great.  God I love this game.  I struggle to remember a time a game gave me this many feels.  Walking Dead Season 1 perhaps.  

I know I'm probably still in post-ending honeymoon mode, but I think I might have just found another game that makes my top ten games (I should probably make it top 15 nowadays).  Few games manage to nail the balance between gameplay and fantastic storytelling as well as this one does.

And for the record, something I forgot to mention in my review of the game. I actually liked the MJ and you-know-who sections. I see them getting a lot of flak around the web, but personally I felt they were short enough that I didn't miss being the wallcrawler for their duration nor were they difficult enough to be annoying. In fact I loved you-know-who's final one. That was some intense s*** right there.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 0:22

Ending spoiler chat:

As for the MJ/the lad stealth sections... I wasn't a fan. The only one I enjoyed was MJ's final section as the rest of them felt like I was rushing through to get to the next Spidey bit. I get that they were going for a change of pace in regards to the gameplay, but it wasn't exactly a welcome one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man does what ever he can   Spider-Man does what ever he can - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spider-Man does what ever he can
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2