We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well

Go down 
+12
OrangeRakoon
shanks
Muss
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 18:43

I have bought the game. Haven't played it yet though.

There will presumably be updates at some point. All that turnip chat though lads. There's more to island life than money.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 18:49

Turnip stocks are SERIOUS business. The future of my island is at fate here!

I spent the afternoon searching for a sturgeon and a stringfish after I read they'd be buggering off until later in the year as of the start of April. It was a cosy time and it was really soothing. In other news, my Resident Services is due for refurbishing tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 19:02

One thing I want to try and avoid this time around is stressing over catching the stuff before it vanishes for the year. Wasn't fun in New Leaf.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyMon 30 Mar 2020 - 19:08

If I missed it, I missed it, but I was chatting to my brother for the first time in a wee while whilst we both hunted for some rare fish, so actually catching those fish was just a nice bonus to coincide with catching up with him. Smile
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 8:06

I need to play the turnip stocks again, made an easy 5mil bells now with all the projects got just over 1mil left
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyWed 1 Apr 2020 - 19:24

The island of Llandfyl has been populated! I have one jock and one female villager. They were completely different to The Lady's and said exactly the same things. I really hate this aspect of the series.

We both have pears, which is bobbins; and having caught one tarantula the next two I met knocked me out. Did nab a wasp on my first try though.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2020 - 14:34

Balladeer wrote:
One thing I want to try and avoid this time around is stressing over catching the stuff before it vanishes for the year.  Wasn't fun in New Leaf.

I need to keep this in mind, there were two particularly tough fish to catch that I didn't have by the evening of the 30th, managed to get one that evening but I got way too caught up looking for the other one the next day and it was only when I relaxed and carried on playing normally that I got it. In some aspects seeing this all over the internet is a bit damaging because it makes me question what I'm doing on the game and that's completely not the point of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyThu 2 Apr 2020 - 14:42

My partner caught some rare fish that I didn't have the other day. The way I've been managing this is to see what times they're available, and then make an effort to fish there more often but not to grid excessively.

I think I managed to hook all of the rare things in March, but I'm less worried about having everything in the museum than just making it look nicely populated; I don't much like seeing empty tanks Sad
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2020 - 2:40

My one true goal in the game is to complete the aquarium, well that's gonna be a bit hard for the next 9 days with all the egg fish Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2020 - 12:47

I... don't mind the egg fish... or the eggs in general, although I understand a lot of people don't share that opinion. Maybe I'd be more annoyed if I was desperate for wood ( Cheeky ) but I'm not bothered about racing through the game. For people who play the game a lot it's worth remembering that the events need to accommodate people who might not log in every day, or who only play for an hour a day.

I've enjoyed seeing the new wildlife popping out and the change in aesthetics. Additionally, there have been sightings of CJ, Kicks and more over on my island which has added some nice variety.

I'm at a stage in the game where I need to up my island appeal factor up to 3 stars. I don't have much of a plan for how I want things to turn out so I'm just dropping stuff all over the show. I'm looking forward to eventually getting the teraforming kits though.

I actually had my first villager request to leave yesterday - to which I said no because I don't have a full island yet. But next time I plan to let anyone who wants to move on do so. I like the lottery of seeing who turns up.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyFri 3 Apr 2020 - 15:02

That’s a fortnight that New Horizons has been out now. Is it too soon to put this in the conversation as being one of the best games ever?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 14:26

IMO yes. Animal Crossing is a game you play for months. The question is whether it'll keep that appeal for long enough, surely.

Muss wrote:
I actually had my first villager request to leave yesterday - to which I said no because I don't have a full island yet.

Laughing You can actually do this?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 15:15

I should have a full island tomorrow and hoping that puts me to 3/5 Stars then I can get KK to come as at the moment I'm 2/5 stars with Isabelle just telling me I need my flowers when I have a huge patch of them.

I want to get KK maybe do a few other things, after that I may do a bit of review and what my opinion is in the last game I didn't finish thread, which always seems to be a negative thread but a few games I can think off be it ACNH, FIFA, APEX, SMASH to name a few don't have endings to be last game I finished thread.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 4 Apr 2020 - 21:57; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptySat 4 Apr 2020 - 20:38

Technically having K.K. perform is completing it because you get the credits, so I've completed it as of today, shite game, only lasted 2 weeks 0/10.

I've let my house take a back seat for now, I know I won't get all the furniture to match nicely and fill up a big house so all my money is going on improving the island. Still need to get a few more bridges in and I'm in the process of moving buildings about to get everything in a nice order, then I'll look at putting in patterns and furniture to jazz it up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 16:29

1/2) It would've been my sister's wedding on Saturday; however a certain pandemic has put pay to that for the time being (currently this time next year apparently). But they've managed to see the funny side of things (as well as, of course, the good side of things in that people won't be passing round diseases as much hopefully) and mocked up a series of official-looking wedding photos in Animal Crossing. They're not universally available to see on Facebook so I can't just link them, but I'll try and share them with you somehow. Luckily a tiara ended up in my Able Sisters that morning. Also Muss thanks for the applause!

2/2) This is the only game where I've thought "wow, I wonder what cool clothes I can design?!". I don't know why, I'm now obsessed with designing hoodies with obscure video game characters on them. I guess I should probably get a Redbubble account.

Oh also, for everyone who was following the Football Manager thread last year:
Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EU2KwU0UMAEC1N2?format=jpg
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 18:42

Your island is an absolute banger, Jimbob Thumbs Up!

I too dabbled in the shirt designer, but all I've created is monstrous Weedles, which my villagers have started donning like some sort of cult. On the plus side, my island is starting to look a lot nicer now. I've been able to unlock the teraforming tools, so I've put some dirt roads around the place. I really dig the sparsely populated forest island vibe so I want to keep things fairly minimalist, but I've been enjoying pottering around. Plan to do so whenever there isn't an NPC to keep me occupied. I have plans for moving the home and things exactly where I want them, and plans for a zen garden too.

How have folks been finding the villagers? I've been fortunate enough to listen in on a few villager-villager conversations, they're actually quite funny. One of my girlfriend's villagers gave her a treasure hunt mini-game this morning - has anyone else had anything like this happen?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 18:46

Yeah I’ve had a treasure hunt, I also got a guess the colour of the next card from a camping lad.

I had a villager thinking about leaving yesterday but it wasn’t one of my crowds so no deal...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 20:03

Muss wrote:
Your island is an absolute banger, Jimbob Thumbs Up!
Ah, thanks very much!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 20:20

I've now got a full island and did have Biff ask to leave but told him to stay. I'm still two stars though, with Isabelle still saying more flowers.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptySun 5 Apr 2020 - 21:00

I'm still waiting on KK to turn up - seemingly I need more in the way of infrastructure, so that means my turnip money will be going on inclines and bridges once I see a return on that.

I'm nearly finished with all the Bunny Day recipes too - I had no idea slingshots could break until this event came around!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2020 - 2:48

I'm waiting for K.K as well, my issue is I don't think Isabelle knows what she wants, I've got all the flowers and trees but she still wants more, and then wants some gone
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyMon 6 Apr 2020 - 10:46

Jimbob wrote:
1/2) It would've been my sister's wedding on Saturday; however a certain pandemic has put pay to that for the time being (currently this time next year apparently). But they've managed to see the funny side of things (as well as, of course, the good side of things in that people won't be passing round diseases as much hopefully) and mocked up a series of official-looking wedding photos in Animal Crossing.

This post here
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyTue 7 Apr 2020 - 19:09

Big aww at that and at other ANCH wedding stuff I've seen. I can't imagine how rubbish it must be to have your wedding cancelled by all this gubbins - hopefully ACNH is providing these poor folks some respite.

I'm waaaaaaay behind y'all. Just got my first house expansion, and now some asshats are demanding fully furnished homes. Most of you probably know by now that I resent my fellow villagers' existence: this is beyond the pale.

Meanwhile I ate one of my turnips by mistake, and The Lady found Spider Island. We're having opposite financial situations.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyThu 9 Apr 2020 - 17:24

Three weeks in, and it sounds like we’re all enjoying ourselves on our islands.

I’ve had a lot of happy times with the Animal Crossing games, spending practically every day of the calendar year on the GameCube, Wii and 3DS versions. I’d have easily topped five hundred hours on the GameCube one, some of my fondest gaming memories are with that game. I wasn’t up for restarting all over again on DS, so I never got into that in the same way. The Wii version wasn’t the reimagining the series needed, but it remained an endearing game. New Leaf on 3DS was just bigger, bolder and better to Let’s Go To The City in every way, an excellent game.

With all that time spent on the series already, I honestly wasn’t expecting New Horizons to rekindle my energy and enthusiasm for Animal Crossing like it has done. Lockdown has undoubtedly been a contributing factor, but I’m just wanting to spend all my gaming time on my island. That’s not necessarily to complete the game, but just because I love New Horizons so much.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 EmptyThu 9 Apr 2020 - 21:57

Aye, I'm really enjoying making this part of my daily routine and I've enjoyed having a daily loop of sorts on my island - picking fruit, digging up fossils, chatting to the villagers and making small improvements to my island as I go. Really enjoying this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well   Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Animal Crossing We wanted a Horizon as well
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next