We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread

Go down 
+15
Muss
neil
gjones
Buskalilly
Kriken
shanks
Treesmurf
Rum
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon 6 Sep 2021 - 22:16

If we do get a remake like Link's Awakening for the Oracles games then I'd probably do the same, would love to give them a try and after playing ALTTP earlier this year I'd probably like them but a nice shiny updated version would be the perfect way to play them.

I'll attempt to play through Daemon X Machina as I've absolutely no idea what to expect so could be pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue 7 Sep 2021 - 8:47

I will give DxM a go, I did kind of enjoy the demo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyWed 8 Sep 2021 - 18:33

Same, just... not enough to buy the full game at a time when everything was releasing.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyThu 9 Sep 2021 - 12:39

I played the demo and wasn't particularly enamoured, but without specific spoilers having played No More Heroes 3 I have more interest in the game again. I don't think it's a coincidence that the free trial follows the release of that game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptySat 11 Sep 2021 - 14:57

That is... very curious. Suspect
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 16:28

I think the Family account I'm running for a bunch of us here is coming up for renewal - I'll likely just ping a message to folks on Twitter about that rather than try to get everyone's replies here. Laughing

Also on topic, I've been playing a veritable shit ton of SNES Online lately thanks to Mario Picross. I'm obsessed. I've not properly played a Picross game before - I think my only exposure to Picross prior to this was a Twilight Princess themed game I got with My Nintendo points - and it's probably for the best considering how bloody hooked I am on it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 19:22

Ah yes, Picross addiction. Don't worry, it fades in time - and by 'in time' I mean 'four or so games later'.

Actually you should pick up Murder by Numbers Moyles, after TGAAC and a break anyway. It's basically Ace Attorney x Picross, so should be right up your street!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 20:40

You're just fuelling the addiction, Balla. I may need a Picross intervention.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 21:58

Murder by Numbers is fun though! A silly old visual novel ish time with lashings of Picross. I enjoyed it a lot.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 22:06

Seconding Rum, it's a good time. Also the visual novel bits mean it doesn't feel like you're playing too much Picross. Winky Face (I actually enjoyed it despite having gone off Picross a bit, for what it's worth.)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 16:03

That SEGA-themed Picross has got my name on it when Nintendo of Europe calm their tights with their release schedule. I’m annoyed that it’s only got four music tracks for the whole game though. That just echoes the ‘can’t be arsed’ sense that other folk have had with the other Switch Picross games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 20:59

Somebody who's not Jupiter (I think?) really needs to start making Picross games.  That's one reason why MbN was so welcome.

Anyone else trying Daemon x Machina? I'm finding it a bit dry and soulless, and the combat lacks real oomph. Needless to say from that glowing review, I'm not currently intending to carry on with it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue 14 Sep 2021 - 21:04

I considering giving DxM a try, but I think it'd have to be a special game to pull me away from my double bill of Ace Attorney and Zelda right now. Judging by the severe lack of praise surrounding the game, I don't think DxM is that special game I'm looking for...!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 17 Sep 2021 - 20:20

It is not. I dinghied it after five missions of bad writing and uninspiring world design. It's a shame: it really caught my imagination when it was revealed, and I didn't take against the first demo. like some. I think I just wanted Xenoblade Chronicles X-2 really.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 17 Sep 2021 - 20:57

I think I managed all of 5 minutes before turning off DxM, boring and ugly. I'll add to the Murder by Numbers praise, BUY IT!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptySun 19 Sep 2021 - 21:24

Once I've wrapped with The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Mario Super Picross, I'll be jonesing for some more investigating and more Picross, so that'll satiate that need nicely. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 18:15

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 Ally-McCoist-celebrates-008

Been a long while since I've dusted off that old picture, but the situation calls for it. Aye, the extra cost on top of your subscription is cheeky and there's rightfully some concerns about 50hz games. But I mean watch it again:

Across those two apps, there's comfortably over a dozen of the best games ever made - and that's just what's ready for launch. I'm bouncing to play these on Switch.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 18:53

You can easily get around the 50hz stuff, just have a USA account etc and be how can play Custom Robo in Japan.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 19:12

I just hope Nintendo don't rip the pish with upgrading from an existing membership to the expansion membership, especially considering as we just renewed the forum family account last week. Laughing

But aye, pretty damn happy with getting N64 games on the line-up! I've never actually played Banjo-Kazooie, so that'll be worth the fee by itself I'd hope, but getting to replay the likes of Sin and Punishment sweetens the deal nicely.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 19:33

They can rip as much pish as they want, nothing is going to stop me playing battle mode online in Mario Kart 64.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 19:35

Aw man, it keeps slipping my mind that we'll be getting online modes for the N64 titles. That Starfox dogfighting mode might be a good laugh too.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 19:39

and if they can make Goldeneye happen...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 20:15

...then you will find out that it doesn't hold up at all. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptyFri 24 Sep 2021 - 21:33

F-Zero X 30-player online Death Race and nothing else will matter ever again. Sigh...

Anyway, I'm a little more on the 'ripping the pish' side of things buuuuut I'm guessing it won't cost us on the family plan too much, and I'd be pretty happy to play Mario Tennis again. If they release Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (my big miss from the era) I'm sold.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 7:41

Something that's dampened my enthusiasm a little bit is that I've now seen that those Direct clips of the N64 games didn't show them as having the Suspend Menu options like in all the NES and SNES apps' games. Not having the ability to rewind is disappointing as it's a mod con that I quite like, and not having save states/suspension points is almost unthinkable for a retro re-release game in these days. The Mega Drive games clearly showed that option so they're likely fine though.

I'm all the way in on Mario Kart 64, Mario Tennis and Lylat Wars online matches. It looks like four-player online Mario Kart 64 is being used as a major selling point for this, and rightly so - I'm really really excited about it.

I don't have many big misses from the N64 era, I think I've got about 3/4s of the PAL library physically. Resident Evil 2 is the only one I can think of right now - never played it on N64, hardly ever seen it for sale and badly regret not picking up a sub-£40 copy in my local CEX just before lockdown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread   Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Online Service and SNES Online Jubilation Thread
Page 11 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next