Geese > Fish

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Disciple of Aonuma
masofdas

Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)   Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2019 - 21:44

Similar boat to Jas, I've got it but finished Control first and now I've got Blair Witch, Man of Medan & Catherine all as well.

Two of those are about 5hrs long each, that going to get done before starting this and giving it the time before Zelda.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)   Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 1:01

Got stuck into this properly tonight & my word does the combat open up from file 03 onwards from stat and skill upgrades for your legion plus the same for your characters weapons that allows you to combo into those linked moves with the legion. There's just so much variety & depth to it you can play the way you like, the story is complete waffle but it makes up for this big time with great enemy design and the bosses have all been top notch so far.

Really enjoying it a lot now. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)   Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 19:17

I've heard that the story gets better as you go on! Is it just the anime-ness that you don't like? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)   Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 22:58

Nope, because I know there can actually be good anime (like studio ghibli for example) that actually have interesting stories to tell but this is just full of cliché after cliché that you can see coming a mile off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Cappuccino Kid
Baby Brush God
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)   Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 23:00

Less story and more combat would be good. At least the investigative parts give the game some pacing - they make you quite excited for the next time to you fight. The story is makes you impatient for the next time you fight, that's the difference.

I'm getting more into it though. Echoing what Jaster says above, although it's depth is a lot more daunting for me (with my idiot taste in games) than it probably is for him (with his bollocks-hard, five-hundred-hour-long taste in games).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The_Jaster
I'M SO LONELY
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)   Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 0:15

Laughing Good to hear you are getting into it more.

I doubt this has any unlocks after you finish it but it'd nice if this had some sort of separate horde/boss battle mode.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)   Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 23:45

I've played a few hours of this so far - like others have said, there's a bit of a pacing issue in that each chapter is bloody long with some sizeable gaps between fighting. The investigation stuff is fine, but the meat of this game comes with its combat. It's very satisfying pulling off a big sync attack combo, wrapping an enemy in your chain and jumping in for another combo. I feel like I've only just gotten started with this - I've just unlocked the second Legion - but it's shaping up to be a pretty good time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)   Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Sep 2019 - 11:38

That's a common Platinum problem, isn't it? I remember TW101 having pacing issues to an absurd degree.

I've started this up, and after a rollicking intro chapter I got shoved into a room while Fake Gendo Ikari talks at you for roughly five hours about what would be really exciting to have as a cut-scene or to play through. I'm not overly keen on that, I have to say!

Also at the moment I'm kind of button-mashing through the combat. What difficulty are y'all playing on? I've upped it to Platinum from Casual, but I'm not sure if I might regret that down the line.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Baby Brush God
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)   Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Sep 2019 - 15:02

I wouldn’t say it’s a common platinum problem as much as a problem with AC & TW101.

I played on Platinum difficulty and found the combat to be a little simple & easy compared to what I’d expect from Platinum. It was a fun enough ride though. Not their best effort, but not their worst either.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)   Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 EmptyWed 11 Sep 2019 - 23:40

Balladeer wrote:

Also at the moment I'm kind of button-mashing through the combat.  What difficulty are y'all playing on?  I've upped it to Platinum from Casual, but I'm not sure if I might regret that down the line.

That button-mashing problem should go away as of File 3, I was in the same boat. I'm also playing on Platinum difficulty - the game's thrown enough healing items at me that I've not had any problems, even during the dicier battles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)   Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Astral Chain (a different kind of Starlink)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3