Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why the !&$% did they do that?

Go down 
+12
Treesmurf
Darunia
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Silver light
Crumpy Andy
Vidofnir
Balladeer
JayMoyles
beemoh
Gwyn400
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Why the !&$% did they do that? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the !&$% did they do that?   Why the !&$% did they do that? - Page 3 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2013 - 17:43

I have a new one, which some of you may have seen coming: the beam-balancing sections in LM2. Imprecise, frustrating and not fun.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Gwyn400
FMK Tagline
Gwyn400

PostSubject: Re: Why the !&$% did they do that?   Why the !&$% did they do that? - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2013 - 17:15

Persona 3 final boss, 13 forms (that all look exactly the same), ridiculously long and 3 times in a row now it's got a lucky critical hit on me in it's final form killing the main character in 1 hit. Hissy fit
Several problems with this:
1. Why does the main character dying = game over? I can revive the other characters, why not him?
2. 13 forms? really? and they didn't even bother changing anything but his attacks.
3. Long boss fights in turn based games are always stupid, there's always a point where it stops being fun and just ends up as clicking random things from a menu seeing what makes the biggest numbers come out of it's head.
4. 1 hit kill moves. I'm not even talking about the critical hits, this boss has 2 forms where it just spams instant kill moves. at no point should a game ever cause a game over because of random chance like that
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Why the !&$% did they do that?   Why the !&$% did they do that? - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 12:10

The last post in this thread was four months ago. Since then, I have some other things to rage about:
  • Why the !&$% did Nintendo think that SM3DL was a sensible starting point for a new 3D Mario?
  • Why the !&$% isn't Game & Wario a proper Wario Ware game?
  • Why the !&$% hasn't more been made of G&W's amazing Miiverse feature? It's great, but not a single review I've read has mentioned it.
  • Why the !&$% hasn't the Wii U been better advertised, with particular focus on how it's a NEW CONSOLE?
  • Why the !&$% did Alphadream take the Pokémon approach to tutorials in Dream Team Bros.?
  • Why the !&$% does the title need a "Bros." in it anyway?
  • Why the !&$% did MS do... basically everything they did before the u-turns?

Anyone else? Let's get some discussion going up in this forum!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Why the !&$% did they do that?   Why the !&$% did they do that? - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 19:22

My theory on the first one is as follows: Nintendo want to make a full 3D four-player Mario game because New Super Mario Bros. Wii sold so well (more than either Galaxy, I understand). A four-player Mario Galaxy type game would be rather difficult without split-screen (I would say), so the next thing in the locker is Super Mario 3D Land. I don't mind Super Mario 3D Land but Super Mario 3D World has yet to appeal to me. Having said that, I am sure I will love it when the time comes to play it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Why the !&$% did they do that?   Why the !&$% did they do that? - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 22:59

I think its a great idea myself, the younger half of the Mario audience tend to struggle with a proper 3d Mario game so 3D world is a good stepping stone for them, and if I'm honest I think its always how I imagined a 3d mario would be.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Why the !&$% did they do that?   Why the !&$% did they do that? - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 13:00

You're probably right, sadly (both of you).  I feel almost guilty for having asked for multiplayer in a Mario game in the initial thread: I thought it was obvious that the single-player should ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS be the starting point, with the multiplayer being wrapped around that.

And it makes me really really sad to think that Nintendo may have sacrificed innovation and large landscapes/planets for blocks to cater to the younger audience. Aww! It'd better get harder and less blocky later on.  Nonetheless, I'll agree that my "why" is answered, even if I'm unhappy with the answer.

Next question: why the !&$% did Game Freak let the names "Honedge" and "Talonflame" through their quality control?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Why the !&$% did they do that?   Why the !&$% did they do that? - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Aug 2013 - 13:07

Beause they fired their quality control guys after the Trubbish and Vannilice incident?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the !&$% did they do that?   Why the !&$% did they do that? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Why the !&$% did they do that?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: General Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: