Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!

Go down 
+6
Balladeer
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
JayMoyles
masofdas
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! Empty
PostSubject: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptySun 23 Sep 2018 - 18:15

Games of October

Spoiler:

Best of the Rest

What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! 5b9ee73f6f532.image
Spoiler:

What about you guys?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptySun 23 Sep 2018 - 21:52

I've already got preorders in for TWEWY and a Solaire amiibo, so those will be heading my way.

I'll likely pick up the MHA game whenever it drops in price as being an anime tie-in fighter at full price seems a wee bit silly and all. I might end up getting SCVI, so we'll see how next week's beta pans out for that one. Beyond that, I'll probably end up picking up RDR2 as well, I suppose!

I didn't know we were getting the second season of Netflix's Castlevania this month. Top. Reckon I'll give the first series a rewatch before that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptySun 23 Sep 2018 - 22:47

There's a lot that interests me but Red Dead Redemption 2 is the only one that's a cert. I've been tempted by Black Ops 4 with a few friends saying they're getting it but time will tell with that one. I'd also quite like WWE, Mario Party and Dark Souls but they're all ones that are quite unlikely for this month at least.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 9:08

If it wasn't for game share, I wouldn't be getting COD due to the lack of single player.

On Dark Souls on the same day as the Switch release of the first, a complete trilogy releases on other consoles for the same price but not coming to Europe for some reason. It feels very much like Mass Effect all over again.

I thought you were almost nailed on for SCVI, Jay hopefully the BETA is good.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 14:52

I'm interested in Fist and Astrobot but not day 1. I'll get Creed, TWEWY, Read Dead and I'll probably end up grabbing Black Ops. I will also download Forza Horizon 4, fire it up, love it and then never play it again
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 15:40

DARK
SOULS
BAY
BEEEEEEE!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 18:55

CALLING

SOMEBODY'S CALLING

I think it's just that for me this month. Should take me plenty long enough.

Next month on our special 'Balla Buys Massive JRPG Then Complains He Doesn't Have Time To Play Other Games' featurette...
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 20:49

masofdas wrote:

I thought you were almost nailed on for SCVI, Jay hopefully the BETA is good.

I like the look of it, but I want to try it out and make sure it plays a good game before I pick it up myself.

Balladeer wrote:
CALLING

SOMEBODY'S CALLING

What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! Tumblr_n2f4jaj9QR1sh562ao9_500

I'm excited! New content for one of my favourite games! Grin
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyMon 24 Sep 2018 - 21:37

TWEWY, Souls and maybe Mega Man 11 for me.
I'll be getting Red Dead eventually but probably not until Christmas as a little gift to myself Smile
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 21:03

Thanks goodness there are at least two "Souls" above. We've got a reputation to keep here. Er... God bless. I guess make that three! And I am genuinely looking forward to playing Solomon's Key. Maybe also that cowboy thing people like.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyTue 25 Sep 2018 - 21:44

NintenDUCK wrote:

I'll be getting Red Dead eventually but probably not until Christmas as a little gift to myself Smile

That's what I'm leaning towards just now too as I don't think I'll get much out of the online, but I said that I'd hold off on Spider-Man too until I saw everybody having a blast with it, so we'll see how my stance on RDR2 holds up by month's end. Laughing
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 10:54

JayMoyles wrote:
NintenDUCK wrote:

That's what I'm leaning towards just now too as I don't think I'll get much out of the online, but I said that I'd hold off on Spider-Man too until I saw everybody having a blast with it, so we'll see how my stance on RDR2 holds up by month's end. Laughing

As far as I've seen RDR2 isn't launching with online so you'll be able to put all your focus on single player.

---

I'm another one for Souls, natch but the thing I'm most excited about is RDR2 as I've been wanting a meaty single player game for my ps4 and it just looks stunning.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 12:06

Yeah RDR2 is launching without the multiplayer and then that goes into a BETA, with Rockstar saying they've learnt from GTA Online and they basically want you to play the single player first before launching online proper.

I'm really curious how RDR2 does as at the start of the year if you asked me what would be GOTY along with the best-selling games I'd would have said RDR2. Now I sort still think that might be the case after seeing how well received likes of God of War have been, it's going to be a tough one for GOTY with the few top quality games we've had this year and what may still come.

I do think it will blow even what I was thinking for salezzz out the water from how well God of War and Spider-Man have done as they're on a single platform and shows that quality single player games do sale.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 22:28

One for the list - Castlevania Requiem: Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood releasing only on PS4, October 26th.

I'm a wee bit surprised that they're only releasing it on PS4 - makes me wonder why. What I am interested in is if the "Castlevania Requiem" titling means we'll get other combo packs like this in the future. I never got a chance to play the Sorrow duology back on GBA and DS, so that'd be a perfect fit for that sort of bundle.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 22:34

Konami have said they wanted a high calibre port and can only do that on PS4.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyWed 26 Sep 2018 - 22:36

Reading up on the matter, it seems like the real reason is more likely that the games are the PSP versions ported across to the PS4 through the PSP emulation that's possible on PS4.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 5:31

I just saw a Konami statement in a reply to the question from the likes of IGN.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyThu 27 Sep 2018 - 18:54

Ah well, that's the way of things. Nintendo gets Bayonetta, Sony gets SotN.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptySun 30 Sep 2018 - 11:58

Balladeer wrote:

Ah well, that's the way of things.  Nintendo gets Bayonetta, Sony gets SotN.

It did give me a idea
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 12:28

Next Sunday, November will be going up and it's a strange November as it has some big-name games Pokemon, Battlefield, Fallout and Crash Dummies along with Switch ports (One I'm excited about), games finally getting a western release etc but that's about it compared to October with its 50+ games a week (including digital, some I'm not exaggerating).

Name ideas like always.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 15:59

Here are three suggestions:

1) November Games Releases: Let's Go! Mas and Let's Go! Ofdas

2) Games... Games Never Change

3) It's a strange November as it has some big-name games Pokemon, Battlefield, Fallout and Crash Dummies along with Switch ports
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 21:35

I vote for #3
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptySun 14 Oct 2018 - 22:24

Movember? It's all about NESvember for us. (Wow, yet more free NES games)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 0:40

Should this thread have a stupid name? Cappa says NOvember.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! EmptyMon 15 Oct 2018 - 10:02

Pokémon Let's Govember

(No relation to Michael Gove, natch.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!    What's Out In October?  Wow, Some More Free NES Games! Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Out In October? Wow, Some More Free NES Games!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next