We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

October won't be Dreadful

Go down 
+7
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
The_Jaster
Jimbob
masofdas
11 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

October won't be Dreadful Empty
PostSubject: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 16:55

Sorry guys that I forgot to ask for a thread name idea, hopefully mine is fine.

Retail Games

October won't be Dreadful OIP
80+ of them:

Best of the Rest

October won't be Dreadful Nintendo-switch-oled-1
Quite a few here as well:

What about you guys?

Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 17:12

Oh my goodness me, I actually want quite a few of those. I think Metroid Dread would be the one I reach out for even though I still have a backlog. I guess, when it's in concrete, the upgraded Nintendo Online mit der N64 and MegaDrive games will be a things as well!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 18:49

Only day ones are Super Monkey ball & Metroid dread for me.

It's a shame that Jedi Knight collection doesn't include the Dark forces games as if those were in there I would've jumped on that easily.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 19:30

Have Dark Forces etc been ported yet?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptySat 25 Sep 2021 - 20:28

Nah, I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptySun 26 Sep 2021 - 0:31

Dread is the big one for me. Not sure about anything else.

Out of interest what games from the list would people like to see in the what's the score thread? So much choice this month.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptySun 26 Sep 2021 - 8:48

I'll get FIFA 22, Metroid Dread, Sonic Colours Ultimate and Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania in that first week. This release schedule is ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptySun 26 Sep 2021 - 9:01

@Muss, Dread, Back 4 Blood, House of Ashes and Mario Party or maybe a download like Voice or Cards mixed in.

@Cappa you getting FIFA 22 legacy again and the guy at GAME be confused when trade in after a few days?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptySun 26 Sep 2021 - 10:33

Metroid Dread is the main one, that's pre-ordered but I'm very tempted by the likes of Super Monkey Ball and Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm also up for getting Alan Wake Remastered as I've never played that and would also like to try Away if that turns out to be good. Amazingly I'm not gonna totally rule out My Friend Peppa Pig as something for my daughter if the game isn't a complete pisstake.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 12:12

I'm genuinely excited for Rider's Republic, but I think I will be alone on that opinion here Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 13:29

Like most of you, Metroid Dread is my absolute day one. Monkey Ball and Disco Elysium are games I want when there's a nice little gap in my playlist, but I won't be picking them up right away.

I want to check out Dune and Venom at the cinema, 'natch.

Then there's the OLED Switcheroonie . . . I want one but I'm gonna wait until I see a cool special edition I reckon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 14:37

Oh man I missed that Disco Elysium was finally seeing the Switch. Probably worth waiting a little while for them to iron out whatever issues it might have on the platform, but then obviously a major recommend from me.

I forgot about the Left 4 Dead spiritual successor coming out this month too. If Back 4 Blood is coming to gamepass I'll have it there but if there are any of you PS players interested I could definitely do with a co-op shooter.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 21:44

God damn it, I saw 'Phoenix' starting a game on the 1st and I got excited. Sulk

I have a fair bit less to acquire than some this month.  Metroid Dread's pre-ordered.  Disco Elysium is a game I feel like I have to play, but with that glowing feeling behind it I'll probably wait for a discount.  I'll be looking out for how Voice of Cards reviews, but that's a wishlisty one as well.

As a great man once said, UbiSoft are jerks and their games can do one.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 22:24

You can already pre-install Back 4 Blood via Game Pass, Muss

I'm keen for Riders as well OR, like I said especially as I just looked it up and it does have cross-play or will have, I'll likely play via Stadia which you may laugh as I could play on PS5 or XSX yet that means giving Ubisoft £50 compared to £13, and I'd have access to all the Ubisoft games on Stadia which sure I'm not bothered about most but may give Watch Dogs Legion a bash.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 29 Sep 2021 - 14:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyMon 27 Sep 2021 - 22:54

Got to watch the pennies this month, so despite being quite keen to check out a few titles in that lineup, I'll only have eyes for Samus Aran in October!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyTue 28 Sep 2021 - 17:22

JayMoyles wrote:
Got to watch the pennies this month, so despite being quite keen to check out a few titles in that lineup, I'll only have eyes for Samus Aran in October!

Definitely read 'pennies' as 'penis', which would have suggested that you were in for a shock about the truth of the person under that robot suit.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyWed 29 Sep 2021 - 21:47

But I was told Metroid was indeed a pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptySun 3 Oct 2021 - 22:43

I have another one for my pile this month. Grin

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 6:18

That's a DOOM-a-like, right? I reckon I'll try and get the actual DOOMs, Quake, Duke and Turok played before I try a modern homage but I'm glad they're getting made.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 7:30

Speaking of Doom-a-likes, BPM: Bullets Per Minute gets a console release *looks at watch* today! I'll be eager to download that alongside Puzzle Bobble 3D which also releases *looks at clock on the wall* today!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyTue 5 Oct 2021 - 16:22

Buskalilly wrote:
That's a DOOM-a-like, right? I reckon I'll try and get the actual DOOMs, Quake, Duke and Turok played before I try a modern homage but I'm glad they're getting made.

Yup, always heard a bunch of PC folk rave about it and it's seems to have a good wee twist on things by allowing you to do frontflips/backflips as part of you movement.

Also I don't think this is actually in the game but found this Mario 64 clip from last year quite funny.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyFri 22 Oct 2021 - 17:04

Name ideas for November this Sunday, please? The month with your cars, remasters and shooty bang bang games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptyFri 22 Oct 2021 - 21:57

'Cause Baby You're A Firework - Fight Demons As A Moody Jerk
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful EmptySun 24 Oct 2021 - 16:43

I'd be silly to try and compete with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: October won't be Dreadful   October won't be Dreadful Empty

Back to top Go down

October won't be Dreadful
Page 1 of 1