Please go vote in the 2019 Annual Awards! We've only had one voting thread all decade...

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
masofdas
Disciple of Miyamoto
masofdas

Bravely Default II -  Bravely Second didn't happen Empty
PostSubject: Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen   Bravely Default II -  Bravely Second didn't happen EmptyFri 13 Dec 2019 - 8:33

Announced this morning for Switch in 2020 a sequel to Bravely Default produced by Team Asano, developed by Claytechworks, music by Revo.

Now, this has all-new Heroes of Light, where Bravely Second was the cast of Bravely Default right?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen   Bravely Default II -  Bravely Second didn't happen EmptyFri 13 Dec 2019 - 8:58

That’s right. This is... odd. Bit of a Xenoblade situation, but not because X was the spin-off there and 2 was the sequel-ish.

Oh well! The heroes look like anime figurines, the towns are still hand-painted, and best of all, Revo are back! I am very much up for this. Grin
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen   Bravely Default II -  Bravely Second didn't happen EmptyFri 13 Dec 2019 - 12:08

As happy as I am that this franchise lives on this better not be like Xenoblade X.   I need my Ringabel Interdimensional Police Force sequel tease answered dammit!

Also Second was better than Default.  The choice to be half-parody half-loveletter to the genre was the correct one and I'd be very sad if they just went back to playing everything completely straight.

Still I'll take a sequel than not! I honestly thought the franchise was dead after Second's sales figures, glad to see that's not the case.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Ice Climber
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen   Bravely Default II -  Bravely Second didn't happen EmptySun 15 Dec 2019 - 21:55

Never played the series but this looks nice, count me in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen   Bravely Default II -  Bravely Second didn't happen EmptyMon 16 Dec 2019 - 19:20

It's like the old Final Fantasies, but with a system that lets you save or spend turns, and a host of QoL improvements. Athrun's right that Second was better than Default, so hopefully this'll continue the upward trend (ignoring Octopath).

Athrun888 wrote:
As happy as I am that this franchise lives on this better not be like Xenoblade X.   I need my Ringabel Interdimensional Police Force sequel tease answered dammit!

I mean, they said this'd be in an all-new world. Who do we know who can travel between worlds? Eh?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Farore's Courage
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen   Bravely Default II -  Bravely Second didn't happen EmptyWed 18 Dec 2019 - 17:32

Balladeer wrote:
That’s right.  This is... odd.  Bit of a Xenoblade situation, but not because X was the spin-off there and 2 was the sequel-ish.

My take was that it was a bit more like FFX/FFX-2 and then this is the next installment in the series. I could be wrong.

Perhaps I should play my copies of Bravely Default and Bravely Second. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
Disciple of Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen   Bravely Default II -  Bravely Second didn't happen EmptyWed 18 Dec 2019 - 17:56

Think I've read that as well that Bravely Second was basically Final Fantasy X-2, where this new game is Final Fantasy XI in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen   Bravely Default II -  Bravely Second didn't happen EmptyThu 19 Dec 2019 - 10:31

JayMoyles wrote:
Perhaps I should play my copies of Bravely Default and Bravely Second. Laughing

At this stage, my tentative advice would be: leave Default, look up the plot, and play Second. You’ll miss out on some amazing story beats and set-pieces, but you’ll also miss out on the dogshit second half of the game, and given the limited time available to you you don’t have time for half a JRPG of dogshit.

Or do whatever so long as it isn’t spending all your gaming time on live service nonsense. Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Farore's Courage
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen   Bravely Default II -  Bravely Second didn't happen EmptySat 21 Dec 2019 - 17:48

Balladeer wrote:

Or do whatever so long as it isn’t spending all your gaming time on live service nonsense. Razz

I think I've squeezed most of the substantial content out of D2 and maybe - just maybe! - I'll escape this GaaS hell.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen   Bravely Default II -  Bravely Second didn't happen Empty

Back to top Go down

Bravely Default II - Bravely Second didn't happen
Page 1 of 1