We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super GNamer All-Stars 2020

Go down 
+5
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
Balladeer
JayMoyles
masofdas
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020 - 16:59

Don't think I've ever finished one but I have played them and a long time ago as well...........but now we are just getting way off the point. Laughing

---

Sensible soccer, Micro machines, Cannon fodder & Worms if you haven't played these then you should absolutely seek them out and give them a go.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020 - 18:22

Obviously my reasons for not having played them aren't actually due to a lack of patriotism (Gawd Save thuh Queen and all that).  I don't get on with retro titles, and a lot of the games suggested there aren't in genres I enjoy.  Of Jas' list, I can see myself trying a new Micro Machines; but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue 14 Jan 2020 - 19:53

That only means one thing then......

The

Matthew Castle

Will

Forever

Judge

You
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Feb 2020 - 10:26

I keep seeing this and thinking that it's something actually to do with GNamer's forumites.  Then it hit me: Super Smash Forumites.  20 forumites, 20 stages.  I'm sure we've done something like this before (as well as in Meet the Admin. Team but literally four people might remember that), but oh well:

Balladeer - Ranged fighter, fires music and algebraic equations from afar.  Useless up close due to my dyspraxia: has the Brawl tripping mechanic.  Camping bastard basically.  Stage is the gardens of the country estate that I don't have.

masofdas - A tricky fighter as all his attacks use #content.  He bludgeons his foes with streams of posts, and has a recovery move whereby he buys back a console he's previously sold.  Super Move summons copyright-free auteur Video Dodgyman to drop a cut-scene on the stage, which is a trading floor for games companies.

JayMoyles - While he's also a ranged fighter, using Ness-like PSI attacks, his specials all involve attacks that execute much later after the opponent's forgotten about them.  Stage is an actual fighting game stadium: somebody's got to have one and he plays more fighters than most.

Buska/Drunkalilly - The game's Zelda/Sheik duo.  Drunkalilly's powerful but unpredictable, with slow start-up time and high whiff chance; Buskalilly is a mêlée fighter who's SWOLE and JACKED and runs into people dressed as a banana.  Stage is on top of a Japanese mountain.

ZeroJones - The first unlockable fighter.  He works like Keiko from Pocket Rumble, setting Beatrice and Gus on foes while he takes a back seat.  Stage is a maths classroom with shifting desks.

The_Jaster - High-risk high-reward fighter who rewards patience and careful play.  His beard transforms into weapons and shields and, in his Super Move, giant monsters.  Stage is 123 Scotland Road: Jay makes a cameo appearance if he's not fighting.

The Cappuccino Kid - Anime swordsman Non-anime swordsman, only the sword is pixellated out and suspiciously pink.  Special moves use attack pigs, launched uncles, and blades for mincing.  Stage is a charity shop filled with cheap games, that literally fly off the shelves.

Crumpy Andy - Mêlée fighter, with brawling moves suspiciously familiar to anyone who's played a series about Japanese gangsters.  Super Move has him showing up in a battleship and opening fire.  Stage is a gaming awards ceremony, with Video Dodgyman in the background the entire time.

Athers888 - Another unlockable fighter, name changed to avoid copyright repercussions.  An actual anime swordsman this time, only the sword's a cricket bat.  Stage is just a scrolling series of words, laying into copyright-free science fantasy film Space Battles: the Final Warrior-Priest.

Jimbob - Another tricky one to use.  His moves involve pixellating his opponents to decrease their stats, and as the match progresses he can programme in new abilities for himself.  Stage is a kitchen, but the design changes mid-match.

Stu_the_great - Unlockable.  Moveset is a pastiche of popular cartoons, including throwing doughnuts around and *insert something inspired by Futurama here - I have only seen one episode*.  Stage alternates between a sunny village green with Union Flags flying and everyone celebrating Brexit, and a nuclear hellscape.

Treesmorph - Commands an army of copyright-free tiny woodland elves, and presumably has a few tree-based moves as well?  Super Move has him growing a beard (of branches say), with which he throws you around.  Stage is a football stadium with suspiciously blue-clad players.

shanks - Shapeshifter, who morphs between various copyright-free monsters such as 'spooky beast under rug' and 'icy fox thing' to attack.  Stage is an anime pirate ship off the coast of Australia.

Muss - Defensive speedy fighter, who goes around the stage on a Weedle-based skateboard while (yep, you guessed it) blocking players off with text walls before moving in for the kill.  Stage is Somerset, somewhere.  Probably with offensive Wurzels-like stereotypes.

OrangeRakoon - Another shapeshifter, natch.  Moves are mostly based around GRcade forumites and references that none of the rest of you know so I won't go on about them here.  Stage is a winding confusing forest.

GJones - Another musical battler, except GJones is a bit more competent at moving around and his attacks are based on rap.  Also: shooting copyright-free rapping falcons out of his arms.  Stage is actually a rap gig.

EofGizmo - Unlockable as a semi-clone of Jimbob, with all the development-over-time stuff that Jim has.  Stage is located in the airwaves of Pod of War.  You can hear Mas' voice echoing through the stage.  It's disconcerting.

Awesomedude - Another unlockable, who attacks using a lot of the Villager's moves from Animal Crossing but slightly off, like she's never seen them before. Stage is the same: an Animal Crossing village but the design looks like it's been pieced together from the Internet. This will make no sense to newer forumites, sorry.

Kriken - Kind of like Robin in Smash I suppose: anime swordsperson, but also can fire off some magic, including demons that definitely don't look like personas.  Stage is GRcade, with an altered copyright-free logo.

Matthew Castle - The final boss and unlockable character.  Looks disapprovingly at you and your fighter bursts into flames, which incidentally is also what's happened to his stage.  Also there are rotating platforms to negotiate.

Phew.  Again.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Feb 2020 - 10:55

Very good Balla, need to remember this and Muss recent post about the Royal Rumble for 2020 Forum vote.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Feb 2020 - 16:03

Balla wrote:
The_Jaster - High-risk high-reward fighter who rewards patience and careful play.  His beard transforms into weapons and shields and, in his Super Move, giant monsters.  Stage is 123 Scotland Road: Jay makes a cameo appearance if he's not fighting.

Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 Source
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Feb 2020 - 0:48

Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 543bca1ea77e6ed3b6ef328d563378fc
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Feb 2020 - 14:46

Cracking post, Balla. I will 100% be a Buska/Drunka main.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Feb 2020 - 21:26

Also Andy would definitely be a zoner but say he wasn't actually zoning. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptySun 2 Feb 2020 - 23:06

That would just be if I was playing Balla thnx
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon 3 Feb 2020 - 19:26

Guess who has two thumbs and had to look up what 'zoner' meant.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 21:16

That's some good work there Balla. I don't have that imagination any more!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 21:33

Balladeer wrote:
Guess who has two thumbs and had to look up what 'zoner' meant.

Guile is the archetype of a zoner - lobs projectiles, basically does not want you in his face at all. A lame-o, basically, hence Jas's comparison to Andy. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyTue 4 Feb 2020 - 22:17

Plus I'll always remember the time of him playing Samus in one of our Smash Ultimate sessions and spamming said projectiles.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 19:15

I've clearly completely screwed the pooch on Andy's fighting style.   He should have had a move where he flings battleships at you while begging you to play the game with him.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Feb 2020 - 21:14

The battleships board is part of the stage - he'll grab you and drag you over to it to perform a Heat Action, Yakuza style.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Apr 2020 - 17:49

I started thinking about this one after FFVIIR and people saying it's been Nomura'ed then I just watched the Deadly Premonition 2 trailer which has SWERY name all over the place that I bring you  Japanese designer rumble  

1. Shigeru Miyamoto will be represented by Mario from Super Mario
2. Tetsuya Nomura will be represented by Sora from Kingdom Hearts
3. SWERY will be represented by Francis York Morgan from Deadly Premonition
4. Shinji Mikami you get the idea by now Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil
5. Hideki Kamiya / Bayonetta from Bayonetta
6. Suda51/ Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes
7. Masahiro Sakurai / Kirby from Kirby
8. Keiji Inafune /  Mega Man from Mega Man
9. Hidetaka Miyazaki / Souls character from Dark Souls a bit like Monster Hunter from Monster Hunter in one of the Capcom fighters
10. Junichi Masuda/ Pikachu from Pokémon

11. Yu Sukuki / Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue
12. Hironobu Sakaguchi / Kefka from Final Fantasy VI as we need a villain
13. Tomonobu Itagaki / Kasumi from Dead or Alive
14. Yuji Naka / Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog
15. Fumito Ueda / Wander from Shadow of the Colossus
16. Ikumi Nakamura / Sebastian Castellanos from Evil Within
17. Eiji Aonuma / Link from Legend of Zelda
18. Koji Igarashi / Alucard from Castlevania
19. Yoshiaki Koizumi / Also Mario but this one will have F.L.U.D.D.
20. Hideo Kojima / Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid

Then the game will have things like a Metros stage which will be Tetsuya Mizuguchi inclusion and others such as a Street Fighter one for Yoshiki Okamoto.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 8:11

masofdas wrote:

9. Hidetaka Miyazaki / Souls character from Dark Souls a bit like Monster Hunter from Monster Hunter in one of the Capcom fighters
I'd change this one out for one of the actual characters; Gwyn or Solaire or an Onion Knight.
Quote :
10. Junichi Masuda/ Pikachu from Pokémon
I'd also give Masuda a different Pokemon. His personal favourite is Victini, so that might make sense, or perhaps a Gen 3 mon as those were the first he directed. Blaziken might be a good fit.
Quote :
19. Yoshiaki Koizumi / Also Mario but this one will have F.L.U.D.D.
He directed Jungle Beat, so maybe Donkey Kong, and Galaxy, so maybe Rosalina just to bump up the number of women?
Quote :
20. Hideo Kojima / Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid
I almost feel like Naked Snake makes more sense at this point.

Maybe this could be a cool JRPG, where the characters are like Personas of the devs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 8:37

Yeah a JRPG would be good maybe they get stuck in some sort of digital world, and they can use their characters like Personas and have a bunch of different ones.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 May 2020 - 10:30

The final boss is a chubby neckbeard who follows you into the real world and tries to shoot you because you reduced his favourite character from a D cup to a C cup.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptySat 22 Jan 2022 - 19:38

After MS going on a spending spree, talk of them doing a smash clone, however what I think would make more sense is

Halowatch

Scrap Overwatch 2, and make a hero shooter with these 20

Halo: Master Chief
Halo: Arbiter
Gears: Marcus Fenix
Gears: Kait Diaz
Overwatch: Tracer
Overwatch: Reaper, for Jay to play as
COD: John Price
COD: Alex Mason
Starcraft: Nova Terra
Starcraft: Sarah Kerrigan
Perfect Dark: Joanna Dark
Outer Worlds: Parvati Holcomb
Conker: Conker
Dishonored: Emily Kaldwin
Quake: Ranger
Wolfenstein: B.J. Blazkowicz
Brute Force: Brutus
Crimson Skies: Nathan Zachary
DOOM: Doom Slayer
Sea of Thieves: Pirate

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Jan 2022 - 6:56

masofdas wrote:
After MS going on a spending spree, talk of them doing a smash clone, however what I think would make more sense is

Halowatch
I had the same thought the other day! I don't think a direct Smash Bros clone makes sense for Microsoft, but a shooter with Chief, Doomslayer and Fenix in it could be ace.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Jan 2022 - 10:53

It could work a SMASH clone with Crash, Banjo, Spyro, Conker, Hero from Fable but just doesn't sound as good as plasma grenading DOOM Slayer as Master Chief.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 24 Jan 2022 - 21:08; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 EmptyMon 24 Jan 2022 - 20:57

The final boss is Bobby Kotick. His special move drowns you under a heap of slightly moist bank notes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super GNamer All-Stars 2020   Super GNamer All-Stars 2020 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super GNamer All-Stars 2020
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2