RIP Enrico Morricone - I Hope He Makes Lotsa Spaghetti Western Soundtracks in Heaven

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paper Mario: The Origami King

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Hoville Inhabitant
Treesmurf

Paper Mario: The Origami King - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: The Origami King   Paper Mario: The Origami King - Page 3 EmptyThu 18 Jun 2020 - 22:44

@masofdas wrote:
I've cancelled mine, as lot's of games coming and next gen this year that I'm only going to get mainly big games or a few indies etc
Paper Mario is a big game!

Not sure if I should watch that trailer now, I started to watch it and it looked spoilerific so turned it straight off but these impressions have me doubting it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
EofGizmo
Bokoblin
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: The Origami King   Paper Mario: The Origami King - Page 3 EmptySat 20 Jun 2020 - 23:00

I like the look of what I've seen so far. I loved Colour Splash though so im less worried about it having to play like the original or TTYD 😅
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: The Origami King   Paper Mario: The Origami King - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2020 - 18:36

I've... cancelled my preorder. There was another trailer I saw on Facebook that might just have been a cut-out of a previous trailer in which they showed the aftermath of a battle. It's coins raining down with no sign of exp.

I hope everyone who buys it likes it, but I can't help hoping that the game itself flops. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Zeta Metroid
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: The Origami King   Paper Mario: The Origami King - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2020 - 19:56

I'm still onside with this. I remember saying in Balladeer's Positive Gaming Opinions thread that I felt Intelligent Systems should keep going with this more action-orientated style of gameplay for Paper Mario. Personally, I'm glad that this is the direction they seem to be going. 

The battles in Sticker Star and Colour Splash were mostly pointless though. Surely they can't make that mistake three times in a row...right? There's surely got to be some sort of exp.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Baby Brush God
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: The Origami King   Paper Mario: The Origami King - Page 3 EmptyMon 22 Jun 2020 - 20:34

Depending on what you use the coins for they could essentially be exp, couldn't they?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Farore
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: The Origami King   Paper Mario: The Origami King - Page 3 EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 14:10

Yep, they could potentially be used to buy upgrades to make battling easier, which would effectively be a form of experience points.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
The Next Reggie
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: The Origami King   Paper Mario: The Origami King - Page 3 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:15

From what I've read, Mario has weapons that then break, so you buy new ones. The BotW and ACNH parallels are obvious, but this feels a lot like stickers/paint under another slightly different guise to me. Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
Arceus
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: The Origami King   Paper Mario: The Origami King - Page 3 EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:20

@Balladeer wrote:
Mario has weapons that then break, so you buy new ones.

Pass but does mean if I'm getting a Switch game soon it be Deadly Premonition 2: A Blessing In Disguise then out of these two
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paper Mario: The Origami King   Paper Mario: The Origami King - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Paper Mario: The Origami King
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3