We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 16:30

Very unplanned, but thought this was too good a price to pass up for a game I’ve been meaning to add to my collection for over a decade:

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 Img_2022

It’s looking like DS game prices are starting to really shoot up, and it’s in near-mint condition with all it’s inlays and manuals.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 27 Jul 2021 - 18:27

The one thing I always read about Pokémon Black these days is that it's bloody hard. Something to be aware of I guess!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyThu 29 Jul 2021 - 0:23

It's "hard" in that the levelling up is a little slower.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyFri 30 Jul 2021 - 18:33

Makes sense to get DS maybe more 3DS games now.

Anyway I got this import.
bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 20210712
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptySun 1 Aug 2021 - 9:48

The boxart is pretty but I juts plumped for the download.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptySun 1 Aug 2021 - 13:03

It was about the same price as the download, as I was unsure if the game would be for me, and a lot of money for a download.

Also, couldn't you have just gone to a local game shop, surely cheaper physical in Japan (PlayAsia has listed as having English options) than an EU download?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 10 Aug 2021 - 13:07

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 Img_2023

This isn’t even all I’ve bought over the last week-and-a-bit, it's just the cheap stuff. Fire Emblem was something like £4.40 delivered from Amazon Germany. Those two other 3DS games were the last of the reduced stuff at my local Argos. Those are the two latest Evercade carts, Mashed and WWE were two games I’d been wanting at a decent sub-£5 price for ages, and those N64 carts were a pound each at Cash Generator (and replacements for my faulty copies).
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 10 Aug 2021 - 13:11

Shut Your Mouth a/k/a the greatest wrestling game ever Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 10 Aug 2021 - 13:22

I'm doing a season mode with Chuck!

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 10 Aug 2021 - 13:54

NICE. It's the one ROM I can't find online, so need to buy it myself.

I know people prefer Here Comes the Pain but this felt like the last time wrestling games felt silly (HCTP brought in that whole damaging body parts and statistics, and maybe even that whole "Rey Mysterio can't suplex Big Show" nonsense).
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 10 Aug 2021 - 17:48

Shut your Mouth had a great career mode. Although I always found it really weird that you could walk around backstage... and take the metro downtown... and maybe if you are very lucky find a random wrestler somewhere downtown... but most of the time it was just a massive waste of time. It had some ideas that didn't really work but the overall formula was very fun. I remember always fucking up one of the rosters by drafting scrubba dub wrestlers at the start of the career.

Mashed is a game I remember playing a lot of multiplayer with. It was pretty good for that.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 10 Aug 2021 - 19:58

Each for their own reasons, I think any of the PS2 trio of Shut Your Mouth!, Here Comes The Pain and SD! Vs. Raw 2006 could lay claim to being the best wrestling game ever. I’d agree with you about Shut Your Mouth, it’s got that silliness and lack of technical-ness that the others don’t. I really enjoy how uncluttered Shut Your Mouth’s gameplay is. As well as the stuff you mention, it doesn’t use a stamina meter like other games did, or have little QTE minigames for submission holds and tests of strength. Because none of that is here I’m beasting through this season mode, the load times are taking longer than the matches. Wandering around backstage is definitely a waste of time though, but a cool novelty back then!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 10 Aug 2021 - 20:33

Indie Heroes be one to hear more on.

I went for the wander and came across expensive 3DS games, most VITA games I've seen in years and a LEGO Ecto-1 but I didn't get any of them.

Instead Ridge Racer Unbounded for £3 on PS3, as I was looking for Blur or Split/Second but come across the Ridge Racer game which I've never played as I thought last one was 7 or 3DS.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptySat 14 Aug 2021 - 9:31

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 Img_2024

Lots of deals came up at the same time, basically. The pad is for Antstream and Piepacker gaming, and the amiibo was an impulse buy at RRP. The five games were kind of the same - just on offer at the same time. Burnout is a gift for a mate's birthday.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptySat 14 Aug 2021 - 10:25

Tokyo be right up your street Cappa, and is the Samurai Shodown the collection with a unreleased on it?
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptySat 14 Aug 2021 - 18:38

Ooh I nearly bought Samurai Shodown Collection the other day, but I'd rather try one before going all in. Interested in what that Tokyo Olympics title is like as well.

I had a little splurge myself:

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 Pickup10

Seagal's five films bolster my Blu-Ray action collection nicely, two other films join the Oscar nominee DVD collection, and Monopoly is for my 9-year old as she enjoyed learning the board game recently. Currently enjoying Yakuza Kiwami so the remastered collection was an inevitable purchase that goes straight on the backlog.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptySat 14 Aug 2021 - 18:44

As you've got kids Jones you'll also like Tokyo as certainly a game to mix in with Mario Kart etc for some local play, where I think it will shine.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyFri 20 Aug 2021 - 11:13

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 Img_2025

The worst charity shop in town finally had some good stuff donated…but someone beat me to it all so I was left with the scraps. That said, it’s been well over a decade since I’ve seen Mega Drive games in any of my local charity shops, they were only a fiver each, and they’re all fully boxed and in really nice condition. What could have been though – the sales assistant told me that they had more Mega Drive games and SEGA Saturn (!) games the day before.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyFri 20 Aug 2021 - 18:41

Less interesting from me

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 E9KPD-4VgAk3yrO?format=jpg&name=small

But I am off this week and likely will go to one or two towns that pick-ups possibly on the way.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 24 Aug 2021 - 8:55

Ever since I read about them in magazines 15 years ago, I've really wanted a Game Boy Micro. Super tiny, super good screen, really stylish. . .

When I got to Tokyo back in 2018 and saw them in Akihabara, that desire grew even stronger. They're super compact, perfect for travel or work, and I had a desire to try some Pokemon and Final Fantasy in Japanese . . .

At that time I couldn't afford. Then just as I reach a point where I can afford it, travel to the big cities becomes impossible.

Well, this weekend I spent a few days in Sendai, in Miyagi prefecture. I was still mostly hitting castles, shrines, rural coastal spots, avoiding crowds and big cities. I'm vaccinated but not everyone in Nagano is, so I don't want to drag anything home.

Nonetheless, I found myself spending a night in a city with a Super Potato. I took a look.

They had the Famicom color but it was a bit pricey. They also had silver and blue ones.
I ask for the blue one. The A button doesn't work.
How about the silver? The charger is a bit fucked.

. . .

I'll take the Famicom one.

So now I'm playing Metroid Zero Mission on the sexiest little machine. Pics later.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 24 Aug 2021 - 9:48

One of my first ever buys on ebay was a green GB micro, when it arrived I thought the screen was gubbed but it was just some dirt on the underside of the face plate which was easily cleaned. They really are great little handhelds.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:08

Kinda wanted a GBA Micro for a while myself, but awfully expensive now in the UK. It is one of the few Nintendo variants I've not owned think along with maybe DSi (unsure on this one), DSi XL which I did almost buy today for £35 but was in horrible condition, New 2DS then things like the Famicom if going for imports.

Yesterday I did get these
bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 E9efombWQAYGMPz?format=jpg&name=large

The 3DO game doesn't work Sad which is annoying as I went to Weston and sure it's not super far away but still a pain to take something back to the independent game shop that I'm trying to see if I can post back, also don't see 3DO games that's also annoying the one I see doesn't work.

LEGO Jurassic World brings me to 85 VITA games.

You guys mentioned Hotel Dusk a few times recently and saw cheap on the TOH Discord mentioned a puzzle on it & best played on a DS which I'm not sure why as can do the puzzle fine on a 3DS maybe not a 2DS which I don't own, why I was looking at the DSi XL really as was cheap and could play this on it (Also seen Fronk talk about DSi XL screen being good).

Blur you might have seen I was looking for it, and will talk more in the retro playing thread on this.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyTue 24 Aug 2021 - 21:56

The Game Boy Micro is absolutely brilliant, a joy to use, and it’s definitely the best way of playing Game Boy Advance games. Even if it was a bit more expensive, you’ve done the right thing in getting the best condition one. You’ll enjoy it all the more for it’s luxuriousness.

I feel a bit daft though. I’ve had my (absolutely knackered) Micro for about ten years now, but I’ve never remembered that you can remove the face plates and swap them about.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyWed 25 Aug 2021 - 4:09

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 23958110
Look at that sexiness!

The_Jaster wrote:
One of my first ever buys on ebay was a green GB micro, when it arrived I thought the screen was gubbed but it was just some dirt on the underside of the face plate which was easily cleaned. They really are great little handhelds.

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:

I feel a bit daft though. I’ve had my (absolutely knackered) Micro for about ten years now, but I’ve never remembered that you can remove the face plates and swap them about.

Yep, forgot about that myself too, took it off this morning and gave it a nice polish.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 EmptyWed 25 Aug 2021 - 15:56

bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 1f60d

This should be the last of my pick-ups this week and really just adding to my VITA collection, which I still have a few of the 13 LEGO games on VITA to get.
bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 E9oteilX0AcNCNH?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Got COD for a reason, I hope if not it was £1.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   bantz - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 9 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 17 ... 25  Next