We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.

Go down 
+11
OrangeRakoon
stu_the_great
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Muss
Treesmurf
Rum
Buskalilly
gjones
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 22:16

You don't like numbers, Buska? Why didn't you say so before!?

Yep, the consensus seems to be that the puzzles aren't fun, apart from in the boss battles. Meh
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyThu 17 Feb 2022 - 23:51

01000110 01010101 01000011 01001011 01011001 01001111 01010101 00100001
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 21:00

They still have a point anyway as you get coins from them which is a number and an important one in this game as it allows you to do more in battles. The boss battles were definitely my lasting memory from the game though which is probably why I'm so fond of it, as much as an old school battle system would have been nice I do believe this is a great entry for the series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyFri 18 Feb 2022 - 21:38

Absolutely don't, you can get coins in the field which renders the battles all but pointless unless they're fun. See also Sticker Star. I don't doubt that PMOK is far better than Sticker Star, but I think my point still stands!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 7:58

Your point only stands if battles aren't fun, and if battles aren't fun I don't want to play the game . . .
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 16:42

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 Img_2040

Five bargains coming along at once. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2 was £21.99 at Argos, and the updated Disney Classics Collection was £17.99. Let’s Go Eevee randomly dropped to £26.99 on Amazon the other day, so I snapped that up – that’s surely the cheapest it’s ever gone for new. LEGO The Incredibles was part of a ‘2 for £20’ deal on Amazon, and I’ve already traded it in for £19.50. The other game (not photographed) is Rayman Legends Definitive Edition – I’ve basically got that for 50p!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 20:29

You may have seen elsewhere I picked up a Switch OLED in work using my bonus, got for £278.10p and have now sold my Animal Crossing one for £200 (£176 after fees) on eBay.
yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 OIP

As I didn't get home to late evening, then system transfers, downloaded stuff etc only played some Mario Kart 8 and Links Awakening on it which both look beautiful on the OLED screen. I can imagine Artful Escape, Ori, Hades and upcoming 13 Sentinels due to art styles looking gorgeous on it.

Whilst looking to see how much I'd get for my OLD Switch in places like CEX etc, I looked to see what I'd get for my Quest 2 which I've not really used (you're all shocked). It was £153 cash, which is always handy as Quest 2 just sat there.

Then I spotted four games I would like which came to £132, till I saw that Naruto on GameCube was damaged that I wasn't paying £55 for it. That remaining three games came to £77, and leaving me to take home £76 in cash.

The trade price for the Quest 2 was £215 (£62 more than trade), meaning after the three games I first picked up I was still left with £138 trade, my choice was either the three games & £76 cash or the three games plus more games worth £138...guess which option I went for

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 FMdTk_yWUAIcvJI?format=jpg&name=large

Yep more games, originally I was getting Disney Infinity on VITA (Still sealed), Blue Reflection & Kingdom Hearts (Which I got on Switch over PS4 as I would like to play handheld like I did with Theatrhythm on 3DS) on Switch for £77 and as I had this £138 left got these other seven games.

Wipeout because it's a VITA game, I don't own. Ratchet Quest for Booty as it did go up in price (Still can get a good price for it from the yanks) with the PSN scare and can see it going up again, also another PS3 exclusive for the collection.

Fire Emblem Birthright, this was £22 which isn't super expensive, yet I only paid £5 was it from Argos for my sealed Conquest. Because Conquest is sealed, and I might play Revelations, I'll do it through Birthright. I can see this going up in price as well after the eShop shuts, like even Three Houses is more expensive now, and you can get that easily on Switch eShop.  

The two Xenoblade games, as I enjoyed Torna very much, that I'm much more interested in the series. Ty and Conduit as I had £9 left and Ty is an okay Cube game.

The case was from GAME, a few options most with a whole graphic of Mario on the side or plain black, thought this is a nice in between also white and black like the OLED.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySun 27 Feb 2022 - 9:07

I got an OLED Switch too.

I thought my local GAME had shut down, but it turns out it didn’t. It just moved up the road and into the nearby Sports Direct. To mark it’s opening, it was giving everyone an extra 50% credit on all trade-ins.

I ended up trading in Pokemon Legends Arceus, Pokemon: Let’s Go Eevee, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, Mario & Sonic at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games, Mario Golf Super Rush, Fitness Boxing, Team Sonic Racing, LEGO The Incredibles, No Straight Roads, the PS4 version of Tony Hawk 1+2 and two knackered Joy-Cons for £301. That was just about enough to buy the console outright. Granted, there’s some absolutely belting games that I’ve traded in there, some I’ll maybe even miss. But if I ever want them again then I know I can get them for cheaper than what GAME have given me here.

The best part was supposed to be that once I transferred my data, GAME would give me £240 credit for my old launch-day Switch. Except the didn't, because some of the plastic casing was cracked and so they "wouldn't be able to sell it". Baws. CEX gave me £160 for it instead.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySun 27 Feb 2022 - 11:46

Opposite then lots of games for one big thing instead of one big thing for lots of games.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyFri 11 Mar 2022 - 17:03

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 Img_2042

The Game & Watch was down to £30 on The Game Collection last week, and I brought it down to under £20 with credit. I kind of feel like I’ve wasted my money though, I’m just not into any of the Zelda games that are here.

I took a notion to a couple of packs of those amiibo cards, and I took a notion to getting some more N64 games. These were three that I’d been wanting to add to my collection for ages, and they all came up at decent prices.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 11:55

What games are included with it? It's one of those things I'm temtped to buy despite me knowing I've no use for it, the choice of games could be the difference here.

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 Pxl_2015

This is more last month I bought rather than yesterday, Metal Gear Survive and Sayonara Wild Hearts were both very cheap and helped round up a different purchase for free delivery. I know MGS is supposed to be gash but I'm sure I'll get something out of it because I loved MGSV that much, SWH should be a nice pallette cleanser type game I reckon.

Bravely Default II was £25 at Argos and has been added to my evergrowing list of games I have intentions to play and probably never get around to and finally I jumped on the hype train and got Elden Ring for £45, seemed too good for a new release that is potentially GOTY, that I have played and will endeavour to carry on with till the end, great stuff so far.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySat 12 Mar 2022 - 12:57

It's Zelda, Zelda II and Links Awakening right?

I love MGSV, yet survive will be used as coaster at best.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySun 13 Mar 2022 - 10:12

The "requires internet" part worries me a bit but it's the kind of thing I could at least see myself trying in the near future, I bet it could be a laugh in multiplayer at least.

I could have been tempted by Link's Awakening if I hadn't played the Switch version but thankfully that collection sounds like I'll be better off saving the money.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyMon 14 Mar 2022 - 19:24

Bravely Default 2 will also be a nice palate-cleanser! (looks in horror at 120h playtime) ...I'm fair(l)y sure it was in sleep mode for some of that.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Mar 2022 - 11:52

The Muss Edition pick up

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 Xowlp810

Also got NEO TWEWY digitally and some 3DS things of the eShop
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Mar 2022 - 12:41

Did you pick up a jar of vaseline to replace the one you smeared over your lens?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Mar 2022 - 12:50

It's the Switch resolution option
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Mar 2022 - 12:53

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 Tobey-cry
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySat 19 Mar 2022 - 12:56

I don't know why comeout bad as same phone as always.

Anyway I look forward to getting to these gamss before 2025 Smile
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptySun 20 Mar 2022 - 22:35

yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 Img_2043

Star of the show here is the Namco NeGcon controller for the original PlayStation. I only tried this for the first time last weekend at Glesgames, and I immediately thought that it was the dog’s bollocks. They don't seem to be very easy to find, but CEX had one in stock and I bought it as soon as I saw it. £37 is more expensive than I thought it would be, but I’ve already got many of the games it’s compatible with (racing games mostly) so I know I’ll get my money’s worth.

Wreckin Crew is a game I hadn’t thought of in years, and it caught my eye when I seen it for a few quid on Amazon. Those memories of enjoying its OPSM demo were better left in the past though, as it’s just not very good to play nowadays.

LiberoGrande is more interesting, it’s a port of a Namco arcade football game from the late ‘90s. Quite unlike any other football game I’ve played from that time, tons of retro charm, and only a fiver too.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 17:13

Don't care how it plays, that Wreckin Crew box is a thing of beauty. I'm feeling nostalgic for it, and I've never even heard of it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 17:38

Wasn't Libero Grande the football game where you controlled one player from a third person perspective?
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyMon 21 Mar 2022 - 23:57

Super jealous of that controller! I only found out about it (and the other mad Namco controllers) recently and I immediately felt a strong desire to try them out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2022 - 18:50

The_Jaster wrote:
Wasn't Libero Grande the football game where you controlled one player from a third person perspective?

Yeah, that’s LiberoGrande. Did you play it? I hadn’t heard of it until a couple of years ago. I think it’s quite likeable in a lot of ways, although the Be A Pro mode from FIFA would obviously be a lot more refined and playable.

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Super jealous of that controller! I only found out about it (and the other mad Namco controllers) recently and I immediately felt a strong desire to try them out.

On the whole, I’m really liking it, it’s a smart piece of retro kit. I’ve had some mixed results with it so far though. Destruction Derby 2 feels a bit too loose and fiddly, and I don’t think Rage Racer’s tracks are designed for it at all. It’s a total gamechanger with Ridge Racer Type 4 and especially Ridge Racer V though, and it’s got a good amount and variety of compatibility with non-racing games. I think you could be pretty confident in buying it without trying it first Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 EmptyTue 22 Mar 2022 - 19:42

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Yeah, that’s LiberoGrande. Did you play it? I hadn’t heard of it until a couple of years ago. I think it’s quite likeable in a lot of ways, although the Be A Pro mode from FIFA would obviously be a lot more refined and playable.

I think maybe on some random demo disc but never the full version, I remember thinking it was such a weird concept at the time and not really getting it until it was later done on PES/Fifa as you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.   yearoftheamiibo - Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought. - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Four me? Yes! ...terday I bought.
Page 14 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next