We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON

Go down 
+11
Dusty Knackers
JayMoyles
Jimbob
Treesmurf
Balladeer
The_Jaster
Muss
masofdas
Rum
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON Empty
PostSubject: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyWed 17 Jun 2020 - 15:12

Oh.
My.
God.

YASSSSS.

Also, apparently Nintendo are still using that "new"prefix to name their games?
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyWed 17 Jun 2020 - 16:19

This is brilliant news. Snap has been screaming out for a sequel for over twenty years. If they just do what they did with the N64 original - but add lots more to it - then I think this has got the potential to be one of the best games on the system.

I typed up a review for Pokemon Snap which I was going to post in the retro games review thread soon - half of it was just moaning that there wasn't a follow-up! 

Delighted with New Pokemon Snap though - GET IN THERE MY SON
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyWed 17 Jun 2020 - 16:45

Love
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 18 Jun 2020 - 7:51

Fun fact: during the live stream, I dropped connection briefly and moved to a different spot. I dropped during that puzzle game and rejoined during Go. It wasn't until the person I was messaging mentioned Snap that I knew I'd missed anything!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 18 Jun 2020 - 9:22

Can't wait for this and I'm hoping it uses the gyro, that moving around the Switch is how take pictures
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 18 Jun 2020 - 9:32

I want a 4D experience. A splash here and there but not enough to do any real damage.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 18 Jun 2020 - 10:59

masofdas wrote:
Can't wait for this and I'm hoping it uses the gyro, that moving around the Switch is how take pictures

I'd like that to be an option, but part of the charm of the original was how chill it could be, so I definitely want to be able to play this with minimal physical movement on my part.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 18 Jun 2020 - 12:46

I found out from Jaster, with a message that said "there's yet dinner".

I've got to imagine that this'll have gyro? I'm like Buskalilly though, I'd like it purely as an option.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 18 Jun 2020 - 16:42

I'll be keeping an eye on this one and since I have never played the original I'll probably get that once I've had my fill of the new season in Siege.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 18 Jun 2020 - 19:29

Hope y'all enjoy! Now we just need a new F-Zero and 2D Metroid to complete the Nintendo Forgotten Triumvirate, and everybody* will be happy!

I did see that apparently this isn't proper game footage yet. It'd be a shame if the world looked sparser than in that trailer, where it looked lovely.

Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 18 Jun 2020 - 22:04

Why the asterisk Balla? Did you forget to put a pithy footnote in about how you won't be satisfied until you see TTYD2? 😉
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 18 Jun 2020 - 22:48

I audibly celebrated and fist pumped when I read "There's yet dinner" whilst in work. It looks amazing too, hopefully they can have something close to this level of visuals in the final product. In with a quick prediction, you'll be able to plot your own rails beforehand.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyFri 19 Jun 2020 - 15:00

I feel like I should point out that it was actually "There's yer dinner" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptySat 20 Jun 2020 - 7:27

"Fill thee not up on snackes; there's yet dinner."
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptySat 20 Jun 2020 - 15:11

Laughing
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptySat 20 Jun 2020 - 18:38

Bloody hell!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptySat 20 Jun 2020 - 20:26

Buskalilly wrote:
"Fill thee not up on snackes; there's yet dinner."
I've just Laughing at this for like the last minute
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyMon 22 Jun 2020 - 18:38

Future tagline!

Rum Rapture wrote:
Why the asterisk Balla? Did you forget to put a pithy footnote in about how you won't be satisfied until you see TTYD2? 😉

We all know that I'll never be satisfied until every game is a variant on TTYD. Including BotW2.

Treesmurf wrote:
In with a quick prediction, you'll be able to plot your own rails beforehand.

Now this would get me keen!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 14:13

This was a bloody brilliant surprise, eh? Not much to go on as of yet beyond the fact that a) it certainly looks like it's Pokémon Snap and b) it's a bit of a looker. I know Snap has the benefit of only having small areas to work with for each course, but part of me does lament that Sw/Sh didn't look like this. Maybe for the next generation of games, eh?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyTue 23 Jun 2020 - 16:23

Those screenshots do indeed look sexalicious but to be fair that is literally Snap's one job.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyWed 24 Jun 2020 - 13:12

Oh, definitely! I'd just love for the main game to maybe take a little bit of a longer break next time and apply that level of sheen and polish to be applied. Wishful thinking though, probably.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 25 Jun 2020 - 18:19

I reckon we'll definitely see some upgrades to the next pair of Pokéventures, even if they're on the same machine. XY to SM was a world of difference. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 17:01

New trailer, and a release date! 30th of April.

This is looking lush.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 19:26

Beautiful stuff. Love I wonder if it'll have any new mechanics compared to the original, or if it'll just be some more courses to snap over. There's definitely a space for the latter.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON EmptyThu 14 Jan 2021 - 23:52

Pokemon Snap was one of the many N64 games I replayed during the first lockdown, and the review I did in the 'Last Retro Game You Completed' thread said that "Pokémon Snap is massively original, creative and characterful, with really high production values, varied and rich graphics, a befittingly melodic soundtrack...for an undemanding, stress-free playthrough, it might be unbeatable on the Nintendo 64".

I just want more of that. Just, please, give me more of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   yearoftheswitch - New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON Empty

Back to top Go down

New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next