Direct-cellent or Dire-ect? Find out on Tuesday!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 4 EmptySun 9 May 2021 - 17:48

I think I'm proceeding at a slower pace than the game wants. Don't mind retreading old ground just to get a slightly better picture than the last run. I'm even starting to warm to the 'Mon that aren't gen oners (yes I'm one of those people). Don't think its an amazing game, its probably not even better than the original, but I'm enjoying it. Including a couple of shots I've taken below.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Aonuma
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 4 EmptySun 9 May 2021 - 18:34

@Dusty Knackers wrote:
I'm even starting to warm to the 'Mon that aren't gen oners (yes I'm one of those people).

Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Ice Climber
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 4 EmptySun 9 May 2021 - 21:14

Ultimately for me this game lives and dies on its screenshots unsurprisingly and looking at Dusty's then reminds me what's good about it, they've given the Pokémon so much character that you don't get from a normal game in the series, can't see myself returning to it once it's finished but I'll have a good time seeing what they do in the process.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Brush God
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 12:16

I haven't given this a huge amount of time yet, but I think this could live for a long time as a delightful "one run in the morning" game. If I could have fifteen minutes to look at Pokémon being cute, and take some pictures, every day for the rest of my life. . . Yeah, that'd be alright I reckon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Major Circuit Champion
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 4 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 19:20

That's how I've started to play this. I'm just playing one course at a time, maybe for about twenty minutes a go, usually once a day. Savouring it like this means I'm keeping it fresh, and also means I look forward to playing it each day.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Brush God
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 4 EmptyThu 13 May 2021 - 11:11

On that note, the way it spoilers pictures of Pokémon I haven't seen yet is a masterstroke. I can slowly enjoy it at my pace, and still enjoy logging online now and then and seeing fun shots that other people have taken.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 4 EmptySun 16 May 2021 - 17:27

I've not played it myself, but heard from two separate sources that it's a gift that keeps on giving, from what seems a simple concept like the original. I do have to say it does look bloody charming.
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
neil
F-Zero Rookie

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 4 EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 20:45

I've been playing this every day. Now it's leaving me to get on with it, I'm really enjoying myself. It's relaxing. I like to focus on one course at a time, replaying it a few times til I get the shots I want. (I never actually get the shots I want, I'm rubbish.) I was surprised at the way some of the courses change things up to keep it interesting. I won't give any spoilers.

My wife said the game looks "redundant", which made me laugh and think of Alan Partridge being moribund.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Overton
Rum

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 4 EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 7:55

Glad to hear that - I was surprised to hear how much you weren't enjoying it when you first got it. I finished the main campaign last week and there are still a handful of Pokemon I haven't gotten photos of, but I'm not sure how much I'll persist with trying to get them. I can see myself going back and having a quick go now and again in future though.

I'll write a proper review of it sometime in the Last Game You Finished thread soon - maybe on the weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/cww_george
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON   New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Pokémon Snap - GET IN THERE MY SON
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4