Chespin roasting on an open fire...

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  Latest imagesLatest images  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You

Go down 
+10
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Muss
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Rum
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Treesmurf
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Rotating Platform
Jimbob

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 13 EmptySun 13 Nov 2022 - 13:25

I saw the top comment underneath the YouTube video for this was someone complaining about the developers talking about their stories. Hard disagree on that; with an indie game that does something different, I'd much rather someone be given the space to talk about their ideas, rather than the wall-clawing bantz between the Nintendo reps over the top of the gameplay.
I seem to have come out with different opinions as usual! I liked A Little to the Left - it's my kind of puzzler. And actually, once the peeps behind Once Upon A Jester explained that they'd deliberately left in first takes of audio in a kind of improvised way, that felt charming as opposed to just badly-done (see A New Beginning).
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 13 EmptySun 13 Nov 2022 - 15:51

Buska wrote:

Definitely playing Inscryption on Switch now that I know it's an option.

Same!

Only other things I liked the look of were Pepper grinder which is probably a long way off & Rogue legacy 2 which I'm not in a hurry to buy.    

Jimbob wrote:

I saw the top comment underneath the YouTube video for this was someone complaining about the developers talking about their stories. Hard disagree on that; with an indie game that does something different, I'd much rather someone be given the space to talk about their ideas, rather than the wall-clawing bantz between the Nintendo reps over the top of the gameplay.

I'm definitely fine with indie devs talking about their game too though it's probably that plus the Nintendo rep stuff that sends folk over the edge. I was half watching the whole thing if I'm honest.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 13 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2022 - 21:49

Must admit that I'm not really here for the devs to waffle on about their offerings. If you can't get across your idea in a trailer, 9 times out of 10 it's not going to be a good idea, and the tenth time perhaps Indie Showcase isn't the right format for you. Having said that, I absolutely agree with Jas: if it wasn't for the dire presenters the dev chat segments wouldn't be so grating. It's really the presenters being the problem. Again.

masofdas wrote:
What Little to the Left

Yep. I get quite enough practice putting things back in order when The Lady doesn't put the tea back in the fecking tea cupboard again Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 13 EmptyMon 14 Nov 2022 - 22:53

I don't mind the little dev chats, but there are a lot of developers who maybe need a couple of rehearsals before being put in front of the camera with a shocked deer-in-the-headlights stare and stilted delivery.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/cww_george
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 13 EmptyTue 15 Nov 2022 - 0:02

Balladeer wrote:
Must admit that I'm not really here for the devs to waffle on about their offerings.  If you can't get across your idea in a trailer, 9 times out of 10 it's not going to be a good idea, and the tenth time perhaps Indie Showcase isn't the right format for you.  Having said that, I absolutely agree with Jas: if it wasn't for the dire presenters the dev chat segments wouldn't be so grating.  It's really the presenters being the problem.  Again.

masofdas wrote:
What Little to the Left

Yep.  I get quite enough practice putting things back in order when The Lady doesn't put the tea back in the fecking tea cupboard again Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 13 EmptySat 19 Nov 2022 - 14:24

Ah, I remember when I thought that was the best film ever. Poor naïve Balla. (We only/'only' have maybe six types of tea.)

Balladeer wrote:
Two games I liked the look of ruined by being revealed as roguelikes.  ...World of Horror...

Make that three games.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 13 EmptySat 19 Nov 2022 - 21:11

Wait what it is the best film ever
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You   Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Direct/Indie World/Treehouse/Showcase Discussion Thread - Directly 2 You
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13