We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember

Go down 
+3
Muss
Treesmurf
masofdas
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember Empty
PostSubject: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 14:40

Retail Games of November 2020

BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember Cyberpunk-2077-V-News

Series S not mentioned as that is Digital Only Console, where these are retail games and why you won't see Series S (Maybe Fortnite as that's a code in a box) on an Xbox Game case

Xbox = A game that is playable on both Xbox One & Series X taking advantage of your Xbox Console

ONE = A game made for Xbox One but is playable on Series X via Backwards Compatibility same goes for PS4 games being played on PS5

XSX = A game made to take advantage of the Series X and has its own version, which is still maybe playable on Xbox One such as COD but not NBA

Spoiler:

Best of the Rest

BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember 1305855

Spoiler:

What are you guys getting?

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 16:57

There's one game that's gonna Hyrule above the rest of them this month and that's Waifu Uncovered Age of Calamity. That's my only current pre order so far, I'm up for Stardew Valley physical as the cover art is beautiful and Sakuna looks like it might be good too so they're both very big maybes.

If I do get a new console this year it'll be a PS5 Proper Version with Spiderman, Sackboy and Demon Souls but it won't be till next month when I get shares paid out, MERRY CHRISTMAS/HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 19:13

My girlfriend is into Stardew Valley at the moment. I never got too far with it but you can tell just how much soul has been poured into it by the developer. A real labour of love that one.

Cyberpunk. I hope it's good and would very much like to play it. I feel like I'll wait on it until I eventually build a new computer though. Can't say I particularly fancy booting it up on the base PS4 and having the fans kick into overdrive.

Age of Calamity will do me just fine this month, with a side of Football Manager depending on when the early access is.

You raise a fair point about trade in prices Mas. It's not quite as bad if you can buy a game at £70 and trade it in for £50-60. But the thing with that is, you not only need enough cash up front but you also need to play, finish, and get rid of the things you do buy to make it worth while.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptySat 24 Oct 2020 - 20:40

@Smurf you can get two of those on PS4 but guessing if you're going to get them you'd want the fancy next gen version also be something to play on PS5

@Muss it's what I often do now like take GI Joe which I recently got on Xbox One paid £28 sold for £25 after finishing it and lot of the PlayStation games I do just play and finish once, no matter the quality.

And at launch only going to be so many physical games for awhile that because not in Dec or Jan that's when I'll pick up an Assassin's Creed Valhalla etc

Also going into this gen when I pick up a Series X a lot of stuff will be on Game Pass (still is for Xbox One) that all I will really be picking up is bigger games eg Cyberpunk and the exclusives Sony & Nintendo get for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptySun 25 Oct 2020 - 9:30

masofdas wrote:
@Smurf you can get two of those on PS4 but guessing if you're going to get them you'd want the fancy next gen version also be something to play on PS5

Yeah I did consider them on PS4 but the idea of playing them on PS5 will make them a bit more exciting.

I go through phases of not wanting to trade in games but on the whole I still think it's worth buying physical because you're so much more likely to get a better price from all the different stores selling them. I think digital gaming will always result in either devaluing a game to the point people only buy when its a few quid or keeping them full price for the longest time because the lack of competitive pricing means they can charge that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptySun 25 Oct 2020 - 9:45

Yeah as I bring up Demons Souls being £70 rrp which it is on PSN but I found physical for £63 which is still a lot of money but if I £7 on every game I buy on PS5 that will end up being a big difference.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 20:15

I'm really hoping that Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin is good, but we've only seen it once and briefly. It could have gone entirely to pot since then.

I did think I was going to pick up Hyrule Warriors 2 to play co-op with The Lady, but she seems ambivalent about it. Maybe. Nothing else looks much cop, but there'll probably be something on the eShop that catches my eye.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 22:38

You not seen all the previews this past week? Sakuna is looking good.

Destruction Allstars has been delayed and now going to a Plus game. Think that makes more sense being multiplayer focused and as it's in the gen people may jump on it as be new & shiny.

That has freed up £65 for me.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 22:47

Nooooooo, I have not. That sounds promising. Linky?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 22:50

There's others as well
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyMon 26 Oct 2020 - 22:52

Cheers! Found a new (to me) trailer to stick in the game's thread too. Ayup, pretty hyped for that now! Grin
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 2:15

I am dead fucking psyched for Age of Calamity!
I'll probably pick up Sakuna and Cloudpunk eventually, too.

And the launch of PS5 means it might finally time to buy a PS4! I was planning to wait for my winter bonus but I really want to play Monster Hunter . . .

I think I'm gonna sit down, look at all the games I currently have unfinished and the projects I've thought about but not done yet, make a list and say "Tick all of these off and you can buy a PS4".
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 12:15

Oh mate, you can finally play Bloodborne, my favourite Soulsbrone game, too!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 20:26

I'll second that you should play Bloodborne as well but also make sure it's with the DLC as it wouldn't feel complete without it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 21:10

Cyberpunk has been delayed till December
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyTue 27 Oct 2020 - 21:17

BUT MY FANTASY POINTS!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 1:54

Muss wrote:
Oh mate, you can finally play Bloodborne, my favourite Soulsbrone game, too!
The_Jaster wrote:
I'll second that you should play Bloodborne as well but also make sure it's with the DLC as it wouldn't feel complete without it.

Oh, don't worry, Bloodborne is HIGH on my list of PS4 priorities . . .
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 14:08

I'd totally play through it again with the dlc. I can vividly remember my pulse pounding during some of the boss fights. One of those rare games you could actually describe as exhilarating.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 18:21

A few moves with dates and stuff like Control Cloud just coming out but the biggest new though Bugsnax is going to be a Plus game for PS5 at launch, that's what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 18:32

Muss wrote:
BUT MY FANTASY POINTS!

Another delay, come on CDPR, you know you want to... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyWed 28 Oct 2020 - 19:59

Buskalilly wrote:
I think I'm gonna sit down, look at all the games I currently have unfinished and the projects I've thought about but not done yet, make a list and say "Tick all of these off and you can buy a PS4".

This is an approach I can get behind. How good's your willpower when it comes to sticking to lists Buska? Mine is... well, much better than willpower with no list involved anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptySun 1 Nov 2020 - 13:06

JayMoyles wrote:
Muss wrote:
BUT MY FANTASY POINTS!

Another delay, come on CDPR, you know you want to... Twisted Evil

It might as an investor meeting after the delay brought up some info, and they can't confirm December will be the date but hopefully they can hit it. The issue seems to be out of the 9 versions of the game, the base Xbox One & PS4 are not up to scratch, and CDPR are targeting a 90+ on Metacritic which I guess they won't get if reviews for those versions are bad.

Then again I see something like Ghostrunner which is meant to run badly on PS4 have a decent Meta score as the same IGN review is used for all the formats. That I would think it is a similar case but who knows.

The other thing hearing base Xbox One isn't up to scratch for Cyberpunk, makes me a little concerned about the whole Xbox games coming for the next year or so being on One and Series that the one versions might be a tad muh but then first parties normally can do wonder with hardware.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptySun 1 Nov 2020 - 14:53

I actually think that in terms of setting goals for myself and sticking to them, I have pretty great willpower.
See:

• Releasing three podcasts a week
  • Regular Gym attendance
  • Planning ridiculous walks on my weeks off and then doing them
  • Moving to Japan

I'm optimistic!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptyWed 4 Nov 2020 - 21:29

Fair enough with a track record like that. I'm deeply jealous of your motivation!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember EmptySun 8 Nov 2020 - 16:03

I've almost polished off two of the five games I decided I absolutely must finish. However, podcasting circumstances are making me think . . . maybe I could have a PS4 for purely Monster Hunter purposes while I polish off the other four . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember   BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember Empty

Back to top Go down

BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE! and whisper No. . . vember
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next