We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sonic Colours: Ultimate

Go down 
+3
The Cappuccino Kid
neil
Rum
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

Sonic Colours: Ultimate Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Colours: Ultimate   Sonic Colours: Ultimate EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 17:24

The rumours were true!

I never played the Wii original, but I seem to remember NGamer rated it pretty highly and it was one of the better 3D Sonics. Though wasn't there a DS version as well? I wonder if this will include both of them or be some kind of mashup.

(PS. Look at me, starting a thread! How novel.)
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Colours: Ultimate   Sonic Colours: Ultimate EmptyThu 27 May 2021 - 20:38

I remember it on Wii, I never played it but I heard it's good.

Personally I love the original Sonic and I'm not fussed about any of the other things, even Sonic Mania. I quite enjoyed the movie for what it was.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Colours: Ultimate   Sonic Colours: Ultimate EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 8:24

Colours is as good as all-original 3D Sonic games get. I felt that there were a couple of missteps with the stiffness of the side-scrolling controls and the inconsistent pacing of it's levels, but they were easily forgivable. I'd like those to be sorted, but either way it's still a great 2D/3D hybrid platformer. It looked superb for a Wii game and the soundtrack was catchy as hell, but best of all, the gimmicks were mostly really good - there were no werehogs, no genie lamps, no Arthur's Sword, none of that mince. 

I'm definitely looking forward to replaying this  Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Colours: Ultimate   Sonic Colours: Ultimate EmptyFri 28 May 2021 - 19:11

This feels like exactly what Nintendo are doing with Skyward Sword.  I don't like the practice, but I've heard very good things about Colours!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Colours: Ultimate   Sonic Colours: Ultimate EmptySun 30 May 2021 - 21:12

Colours was very good if I remember correctly, take that with a slight pinch of salt if you're not a fan of the Blue lad unlike myself but this is definitely one of the better 3D Sonic games, dare I say the best.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Colours: Ultimate   Sonic Colours: Ultimate EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 12:22

How does it rate against Generations? That's one of the few Sonic games I've actually enjoyed, so if it's anywhere near as good as that then I might end up showing an interest in this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Colours: Ultimate   Sonic Colours: Ultimate EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 8:34

Just caught this thread 😳

I'm keen for this as heard great things about Colors but I've still not got around to playing it, that having on modern systems is great.

Balla brings up in comparison to Skyward Sword but I think they've added Tails in some way and can be found for less than £30 unlike Skyward Sword.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Colours: Ultimate   Sonic Colours: Ultimate EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 12:50

JayMoyles wrote:
How does it rate against Generations? That's one of the few Sonic games I've actually enjoyed, so if it's anywhere near as good as that then I might end up showing an interest in this.

Yeah, you’ll like Sonic Colours, it’s of a similar quality to Sonic Generations. Colours is all-new ideas, with zones, enemies and a soundtrack that don’t owe it’s whole personality to the Mega Drive and Dreamcast games. For people who’ve never played it before, I’d imagine that you could almost treat it as a modern-day follow-up to Sonic Forces (although it’s better than that).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Colours: Ultimate   Sonic Colours: Ultimate Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic Colours: Ultimate
Page 1 of 1