We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition

Go down 
+6
neil
masofdas
Buskalilly
Dusty Knackers
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Empty
PostSubject: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyFri 8 Oct 2021 - 18:11

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptySun 10 Oct 2021 - 12:19

I've never played the PS2 GTA games and the fact they look (and likely play) a bit dated these days stopped me from picking up the trilogy pack that's been on sale for ages. Obviously, I'll need to see footage and hear some impressions before deciding it's worth a look.

Of course, if they gut the soundtrack for Vice City, it will be deservedly flop. You have been warned Rockstar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptySun 10 Oct 2021 - 14:44

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyMon 11 Oct 2021 - 4:22

The most I've ever played of any GTA games has been fucking about on other people's save files, putting in cheats, going on killing sprees and that lark. This might be the way I decide to finally, properly, give it a go . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyTue 12 Oct 2021 - 17:28

Never been a big fan of the GTA games (not fan of the whole gangster thing in general) or too many of Rockstar games but know they're important to people & gaming, just at the rumoured £60/70 it's a pass for me unless more than the upgrade I'm thinking these will be.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyTue 12 Oct 2021 - 23:44

I wasn't a big fan of crime fiction until recently. My friend Matty is big into gangster pictures and I watched Godfather for my Honchkrow episode of LLP of all things. Then I caught the Untouchables in the theatre, and I'll be able to watch Goodfellas pretty soon. It's a good vector for melodrama.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021 - 10:21

I don't really want this kind of game in my house for a few years lol. It's cool that it's happening though. Really enjoyed Vice City back on PS2. The only GTA game I've completed is GTA4, and since that slog then I've been done with them. Didn't bother with 5. Hope they shake things up a bit with the next one.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021 - 10:22

Buskalilly wrote:
I wasn't a big fan of crime fiction until recently. My friend Matty is big into gangster pictures and I watched Godfather for my Honchkrow episode of LLP of all things. Then I caught the Untouchables in the theatre, and I'll be able to watch Goodfellas pretty soon. It's a good vector for melodrama.

Godfather II and The Sopranos are both well worth a watch!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021 - 10:34

If you've not played Vice City, I'd advise watching Scarface and Carlito's Way as that game riffs heavily on those two films. I have Vice City on PS4 and it's real janky - the shooting, the combat, and the jumping have aged badly. The game is surprisingly difficult which is partly why everyone at the time would use the cheats, but there are also some genuinely bad missions in these games.

Definitely three classics that could do with a tidy-up. Just don't touch the soundtracks.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021 - 11:37

neil wrote:

I watched Godfather Part II shortly after part 1. I still haven't seen 3 though . . .
The Sopranos is a TV show, right? I'd like to but I can't imagine I'll ever get around to it. In terms of Crime TV, it's basically just been Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul for me, though on the other side of the law I've watched loads of detective/ procedural stuff.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021 - 12:01

Buskalilly wrote:

I watched Godfather Part II shortly after part 1. I still haven't seen 3 though . . .
The Sopranos is a TV show, right? I'd like to but I can't imagine I'll ever get around to it. In terms of Crime TV, it's basically just been Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul for me, though on the other side of the law I've watched loads of detective/ procedural stuff.

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition DGpb8uozPgDqpx2RqE9SXU_9CgRtYCz0AmyOiPvCZJRd-hHkB31MolrH7Sfl_S20Yix2HhU

Horatio Caine : We are being detoured into the land of make-believe.
Back to top Go down
neil
Wii U Port
neil

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021 - 12:06

Buskalilly wrote:
neil wrote:

Breaking Bad is great, but The Sopranos is better IMO. Not that this is a reason to watch, but it's the series that kicked off this whole movie-scale production that TV drama is about nowadays. I don't know how well it's aged as I saw it 10 years ago, but I absolutely loved it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyWed 13 Oct 2021 - 13:04

Buskalilly wrote:

Those are some great films to have not seen, were they all at the pictures as well?

gjones wrote:
If you've not played Vice City, I'd advise watching Scarface and Carlito's Way as that game riffs heavily on those two films. I have Vice City on PS4 and it's real janky - the shooting, the combat, and the jumping have aged badly. The game is surprisingly difficult which is partly why everyone at the time would use the cheats, but there are also some genuinely bad missions in these games.

Definitely three classics that could do with a tidy-up. Just don't touch the soundtracks.

Even if they just do the bare minimum and port over the shooting/weapon wheel from GTAV it should be great fun! I'm also going to second that everyone watches Scarface & Carlito's Way, the latter especially is a big favourite of mine & it just got added to netflix.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyThu 14 Oct 2021 - 23:47

Scarface was on the list already, and I'll try to check out Carlito's Way.

Yeah, Untouchables, Godfather and (soon) Goodfellas all in theatre!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyFri 15 Oct 2021 - 10:55

Nice! If there was any older films I'd really like to see on the big screen those would certainly be up there sadly my closest place rarely does it if at all.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptySat 16 Oct 2021 - 8:26

I never got a chance to see any older films in the UK but it's a big thing at cinemas here. The big chain has its own run that changes every 2 weeks and the really tiny indie theatre does them sometimes too.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyMon 18 Oct 2021 - 22:42

Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyTue 19 Oct 2021 - 8:37

Apart from trying to help my brother with one of the RC car missions in San Andreas(?), I haven't played any 3D GTA at all. Not really my thing, but as a curio on a Nintendo platform I may be persuaded depending how well they scrub up.

Last one I played was either GTA 2 or London.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyTue 19 Oct 2021 - 10:18

It's only rumors but seems they'll have improved textures, draw distances, resolution, framerates along with GTAV style controls.

Basically sounds like most remasters and I know it's GTA but £60 or £70 seems a lot, again if all true.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyTue 19 Oct 2021 - 18:34

£60 for three of the best games of all time is nothing

Back to top Go down
stu_the_great
Stability Update
stu_the_great

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyWed 20 Oct 2021 - 8:46

Vice City appeals to me most with my limited knowledge. The 80s theme is slightly less unique these days, but it did stand out to me back then.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyFri 22 Oct 2021 - 16:45

I'm rather impressed, as I did think Rockstar would be a tad lazy with this Trilogy because it's GTA. Also, it's £54.99 on PC, PlayStation, Xbox or £49.99 on Switch which I'm guessing because not as fancy looking but will have gyro & touch.

Physical version December, San Andreas will be on Game Pass and GTAIII on PSNOW.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyFri 22 Oct 2021 - 18:06

Some of the character models are a bit horrible looking (vice city & gta 3 mainly) everything else looks fine though and it's not enough to put me off it completely. Also didn't know the switch version has gyro so that plus the portable factor has just sold me on getting it for that over ps4 I think.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptySun 24 Oct 2021 - 15:58

Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition EmptyThu 4 Nov 2021 - 18:35

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition   Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next