We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)

Go down 
+5
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
masofdas
Balladeer
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 19:29

Looks great (the overworld looks Xenoblade-y), and I believe it's been well received on other platforms; but if the narration in-game was anything like the trailer narration, I'll be playing this with Japanese voices thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 19:34

I missed elsewhere due to it coming out at a busy time of the year, I'm not normally one to by ports especially as I can get cheaper elsewhere but this you can see why it's coming with extra content which should be worth that extra $$$.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyThu 14 Feb 2019 - 21:48

This looks like the perfect point for me to jump on to the Dragon Quest train. Absolutely adored Builders and with the sequel coming out before this I'll have plenty of time to play that beforehand. I'll echo Mas' point of that sweet sweet extra content making it worth buying on Switch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 16:43

That thread title, christ Balla. Laughing

I've never played a DQ game before, but I know I'd love them. Andy spoke highly about this on PS4, so I'd imagine it'll do the business just nicely on Switch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptySun 17 Feb 2019 - 16:44

The game's title is ridiculous anyway - frankly I don't think my additions made it much worse!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 22:22

This is getting a demo, it's not been dated yet but the game is only a month or so away.

Also the demo is going to be the same as Octopath & Oninaki that you can continue on from where you left off.

I'm keen, just that September and October seems to be busy for games.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 22:57

I've never played a Dragon Quest game myself, but my pal Matt played through almost all of them back in the DS days when he was on his JRPG-playing binge.

Also, have y'all seen the trailers for the animated DQ film? It looks like it's totally ripping off How To Train Your Dragon, at least visually.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptySat 3 Aug 2019 - 23:04

Yeah I did see that, it looks good unlike Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 9:46

Tempted by the demo., but this is one I'd be very surprised if I didn't get anyway so there may not be much point. Still, it's a nice touch. Demos. are always good! (Apart from that DxM demo. which sounds like it won't be representative of the final game and was a bit bobbins for most.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptySun 4 Aug 2019 - 10:00

Well you can 2hrs start before the game lands. That it might not be the best demo either as first few hours of JRPG can be slow going.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyTue 6 Aug 2019 - 0:02

I'll probably need a break from RPGs of any sort after I'm totally done with FE:TH, but I can easily see myself picking this one up at some point. I might just check out the demo to get a feel for the game - my lack of knowledge around Dragon Quest in general is something that needs rectifying considering my love of RPGs in general.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 19:53

Got at least a month until the release date Jay! Better stop playing FETH now, just to be on the safe side. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 21:11

I personally really want it after getting in to Builders but it's another one I'll struggle to fit in, I've not even bought Fire Emblem yet for that reason but I'd prefer to play that before Dragon Quest so it'll be a while.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyWed 7 Aug 2019 - 22:05

Balladeer wrote:
Got at least a month until the release date Jay!  Better stop playing FETH now, just to be on the safe side. Winky Face

I mean, FE:TH will legitimately probably last me up until then and beyond with how long it seems to be in its runtime...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyWed 21 Aug 2019 - 22:45

The demo landed today, I'm about a hour in of around 3hrs.

It doesn't seem to be slow which was a bit of worry that a demo could ruin a 50hr game.

That it really is a 3hr headstart to what will then become 47hrs to go, when this lands in September.

My first impressions is well the resolution certainly isn't great, I know Mas being Mas, I'm just being honest, thankfully the artstyle does alleviate some of that but what's up with the eyes???

I'll be playing in English, yet I do think some of you will want to play in Japanese as it's what you'd expect from English VO.

The only other thing is I changed it to the classic battle system camera as the free flow one just seemed strange. I felt it was suddenly going to play like a Tales game as you can move around but the combat still works normally, which ends up being odd when you're standing behind a enemy and they still hit you like you're stood right in front of them.

Anyway I think I will be picking this up. Square will be happy with me buying this, Oninaki and Final Fantasy VIII.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 21:57

masofdas wrote:

The only other thing is I changed it to the classic battle system camera as the free flow one just seemed strange. I felt it was suddenly going to play like a Tales game as you can move around but the combat still works normally, which ends up being odd when you're standing behind a enemy and they still hit you like you're stood right in front of them.

That sounds odd and rather jarring - probably a setting I'll tinker with too, I'd imagine. Of course, I'm not playing this anytime soon, but I'll follow along with the thread to see how you guys take to it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyThu 22 Aug 2019 - 23:23

It's nice to move around the battlefield but really no point to it. Also has some other odd choices, like I couldn't find my items only to realise they go straight into the bag. It does have have some older ideas.

I'm now 3hrs into the demo or game depending how you look at it, and I've still got a bit to go.

Think it will be a banger and the game I'm looking forward to most now in September, only downside it's killed Persona 3 for me as nowhere way I'm playing that many RPGs especially one 100+ hrs.

Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyFri 23 Aug 2019 - 9:30

I didn’t find it particularly jarring, it felt like it was probably left in from an earlier version of the game which may have played more like Eternal Sonata, but at the end of the day Dragon Quest is a series that hasn’t evolved a huge amount and is kind of special for it.

Anyway I enjoyed DQ11 until the first credits rolled, I found it difficult to persist after that mainly due to time. I still feel that I got my games worth out of the main story though.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyWed 4 Sep 2019 - 23:47

I completed the demo for this the other night - I think I clocked about 6 hours total, which was enough to get me invested and make me actively want the full version. Playing it reminded me of what NGamer always said about it - it's really well translated (the effort that goes into regional dialects really shows) and it's just really nice to have a classic JRPG that isn't totally po-faced. It's charmingly juvenile but very slick.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyThu 5 Sep 2019 - 7:19

Looking forward to dem fart jokes come the 20th! Shifty
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyFri 27 Sep 2019 - 21:05

27th I mean.  I presume I'm the only one who's picked this up, as everybody else is busy on other games, doesn't care about JRPGs, or already played it on other machines?  Anyway it looks very nice, and your hero moves along at a fair old lick.  I have changed the battle system to set positions as I too found it a bit annoying, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep the voices set to English if Gemma accompanies me on many more bouts.  She screams like [REDACTED]

Anyway, it's great to have a truly epic-feeling game on the Switch. Apart from Astral Chain all my other September pick-ups feel or are bite-sized. This is a big ol' adventure drenched in budget and cinematography, and I'm here for it. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyFri 27 Sep 2019 - 21:17

I've also got it but all I've done is transfer my 5.5hrs save from the demo and downloaded the free dlc.

Did you get NNK?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyFri 27 Sep 2019 - 21:54

Oh okay, fair enough! I thought you were a PS4 player for some reason. I decided NNK would be perfect as a Christmas gift: I think the family would love to watch Drippy come to life. (Better than playing XC2 in front of them... No )
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptyFri 27 Sep 2019 - 22:05

Don't know how, been talking about this for awhile like the demo, how it's actually a good port and the post of the game coming yesterday in the discord.
Back to top Go down
Kriken
Layton's Apprentice
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) EmptySat 28 Sep 2019 - 0:45

I actually thought this was out some time ago on Switch. It's taken a while.

Normally don't care too much for traditional RPGs but I am sort of interested in this one and will probably get it on PC. Game looks gorgeous on any of the platforms. Been on and off with Dragon Quest VIII on the 3DS which is great for what it is, so I'm thinking I'll finish that first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)   Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg) Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition ( - Revengeance: Dream Drop Distance; and the Giant Egg)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next