Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)

Go down 
+9
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
gjones
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
Balladeer
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 20:22

You can even go for an old game's port on NSO if you really want. Dunno why you would, but you could.

Four sets of votes apart from mine so far, thanks gents! (Including one fine fine set of honourable and dishonourable mentions.) Keep 'em coming!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 18:44

LESS THAN ONE WEEK TO GO (barring extensions) and... er, still four sets of votes apart from mine. Quick reminder!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 9:15

Hello, I will send mine over the weekend, I just have to narrow 32 down to 10...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 9:21

I had my 30+ on a spread sheet, then did like a rank of X game is better than Y but not as good a Z, using a points system, then put in order.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 10:22

I might do it at some point. Feel weird doing it with NMH3, BF and MD still unplayed but oh well. BotW and MK8 arent gonna be dethroned by those anyway!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 10:41

BF? My head goes to Battlefield

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 15:06

Bowser's Fury. Neither that nor Dread have made my top ten personally. (Then again, neither has MK8D...)

Treesmurf wrote:
Hello, I will send mine over the weekend, I just have to narrow 32 down to 10...

See what you've got to do is keep a rolling top 25 on you at all times. Shifty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 15:16

Ahh didn't think about BF due to it being an expansion, could see the whole package making someone's Top 10 as SM3DW is a great game.

Should I tell him MK8D didn't make mine either? I did put higher than I thought on my Top 30 Switch games, just when I put it against most other games, all I was thinking played on Wii U vs something new & shiny on Switch.

That it might be an unfair ranking best on the game's actual quality, yet as I said a few posts back on something like Final Fantasy IX (Played on PS1), I didn't even rank it though it is my Number 11 Game of All-Time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 15:20

masofdas wrote:
Should I tell him MK8D didn't make mine either? I did put higher than I thought on my Top 30 Switch games, just when I put it against most other games, all I was thinking played on Wii U vs something new & shiny on Switch.

That it might be an unfair ranking best on the game's actual quality...

This is pretty much my take. It's an excellent game, one of my top ten of all time in fact - but it's not an excellent Switch game. It's an excellent Wii U game with a handful of additions that barely change that view (does anybody still play Battle Mode these days?), and all-new albeit slightly worse games should be prized more highly in this particular vote. This view may change this year when the new tracks come out, but based on its content at the end of Year 5 Of The Switch it wouldn't make my top thirty Switch games.

That said... that's our take on it, and if other people want to go 'banging game, on Switch, gonnae vote' then that's also a valid call!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 14:59

My votes are in. Bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 20:52

Which brings it up to... seven. Hopefully some people drop their votes in tomorrow, because even considering that we're missing a few people to voting fatigue and/or Elden Ring, that's less than I'd expect. I'm open to an extension if needed! (You'll get a one-day extension anyway, I'm busy tomorrow evening.)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2022 - 8:49

A vote for Sonic Mania is a vote for Ukraine 🇺🇦
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 20:25

Okay, nobody's asked for an extension so I'm just going to go ahead and do the awards.  I'm assuming that attention has started to flag, so I'll do them in blocks.

Tenth Place:

Ninth Place:

Eighth Place:

The most confusing part of these votes (apparently) lands on Sunday, probably.  I'm spending tomorrow forcing The Lady into the lions' den of my grandparents.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptyFri 4 Mar 2022 - 22:29

Yess the boi made it! I totally get the "but it's an old game" angle in a ranking of specifically Switch games, but in a world of frivolous barely-remasters Link's Awakening feels much more deservedly revisited than most. It does genuinely open up the game to a new audience and manages a fine balance of faithfulness to modern quality of life. Plus, as you say, its new art direction is a delight! I get it being a surprise entry then, but I hope it's not a begrudged one!

Monster Hunter being down in 10th though... now that is a surprise I will begrudge! Curse that Generations split vote - and I can further hypocritically complain that Generations isn't a Switch game but a 3DS one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 7:55

Oh.
I was gonna try and send you some the now, but oh well.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 11:37

Definitely a couple of shocks there with number 10 being where it is and number 7 actually being in the top 10, I realise that sounds more of a diss than intended but I did have my fun with it, ultimately if I did include a Zelda remake in my votes it would have been Skyward Sword HD but Link's Awakening certainly feels much more suited to the Switch.

Monster Hunter Rise was great and nearly made my top 10 but just fell short, I think if I'd have played it in multiplayer I'd have been much more in to it, it still however firmly held its place in my Switch for a good couple of months, I even return to it occasionally now and will probably be up for Sunbreak.

Animal Crossing was in my votes and rightly so, I think it's placement is fair, the series has definitely made a few steps forward with New Horizons but it also took a few missteps that meant it didn't reach its full potential.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 12:55

I'm surprised Link's Awakening made it too, but I guess that's the virtue of a lower voting turnout!

I didn't end up ranking MHR as highly as I thought I would have. Once I started going through my top 10, I realised there's some bloody good games on Switch. Still, I thought it might have charted a bit higher than it did. I'll give the Mash lads some stern words tomorrow for missing the deadline. Naughty
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 12:58

I was busy. Elden Ring, innit.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 13:17

So was I. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySun 6 Mar 2022 - 17:52

Honourable Mentions

Games, Series, Companies:

Other Switch-related stuff:

My thoughts:

More rankings tomorrow, probably!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptySun 6 Mar 2022 - 18:02

Don't think Tunic has that much to do with MS, not even coming to Game Pass but is a timed exclusive. Likely similar deal to Death's Door, which it was on Xbox for a few months then came elsewhere (also when it arrived on Game Pass)

And a good bunch of honourables in general. Yeah, I might play some more Switch portable, but so many good games coming to the System that I'll be playing on it regardless on TV or portable.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 12:24

Balladeer wrote:

Finally: how good is the Switch's hybrid aspect?

Very! I still get annoyed if I play a good game on my PS4. You mean I can't play Elden Ring on the train? Or tucked into my bed? Or on the toilet? Outrageous!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 12:43

Remote Play could sort that
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 13:58

I should clarify that I'm not praising NSO as a whole with my honourable mention - I don't think the quality of Nintendo's online play infrastructure is at a level where I'd pay for it - but the retro content specifically as that's been a nice surprise and some good gap-filler games have come from dabbling with that.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 EmptyMon 7 Mar 2022 - 15:04

I don’t have anything to say about Monster Hunter Rise, but it’s good to see New Horizons eeking onto this list. In my opinion there’s a cluster of six games that are so far ahead of anything else on Switch, and Animal Crossing is definitely in that cluster. I put it in sixth on my own list. Most other consoles don’t have five games that I’d consider to be better than New Horizons.

Link’s Awakening being here surprises me. No offense to anyone, but I thought the first four dungeons of it was pretty boring. Not so boring that I gave it a dishonourable mention, but boring enough that it sat on my proverbial trade-in pile for a couple of years. I didn’t give it a second thought when I part-exchanged it for my OLED Switch a few weeks back.

I thought there was a lot to say about the Switch for honourable mentions, I didn’t need to think too hard about any of those either. Hope there’s more dishonourable mentions, they’re the best bit about any of these votes
The Switch’s hybrid aspect has totally changed the way I play games, for sure. I’ll be very unpleasantly amazed if Nintendo don’t follow up the Switch with another hybrid system.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!) - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Awards 2021 and Five Years of Switch (Thanks For Voting!)
Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next