We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch Sports

Go down 
+7
The_Jaster
Balladeer
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
masofdas
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Nintendo Switch Sports Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 17:58

Buskalilly, Self-Proclaimed Excite Truck Champion Of The World (Despite The Fact I'd Tan His Arse At It) wrote:

Also, a quick peak at twitter showed lads losing their shit at the thought of a new Wii Sports-like game. Maybe Wii and Wii U, NGamer-reading die hards feel like Wii Sports never went away but I guess for a lot of people it's been 15 years or more since they've partaken and it feels exciting.

I’m definitely one of those sorts. Wii Sports was a fixture at any empty I went too, and there was almost always a Wii set up in any student bar I went to. Wii Sports Club on the Wii U was the opposite in that sense, but it’s online kept me playing, and it’s easily one of my most played Wii U games since the Switch came out. Nintendo Switch Sports has felt inevitable for ages, even since the days when we simply knew the Switch as the NX.

As a total Wii Sports fanboy, I’m automatically interested in this. It doesn’t seem like it’s just riding on the name value alone, it looks like there’s an effort to introduce some new ideas where. Those Mii designs are downright weird though, burn them with fire.

All geared up for next week’s online trail too. Hopefully there’s be a few folk game for it.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyFri 11 Feb 2022 - 20:38

I will admit I did actually laugh out loud when they showed the foot strap for the football game. It's just a YouTube compilation of broken TVs waiting to happen! And yet I am still interested; don't think I've ever played virtual badminton.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 10:34

When I saw it in the direct I was like meh, then Buska mentioned peeps going mental for it. Since the direct now watched the trailer a few times, and certainly can see more appeal for it.

Also, it is £34.85 on ShopTo physical which come the leg strap, at the price it can be a bit of an impulse buy.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 11:04

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Buskalilly, Self-Proclaimed Excite Truck Champion Of The World (Despite The Fact I'd Tan His Arse At It)
Listen mate, if you can find any kind of organised Excite Truck competition bigger than the one I won . . . I'll declare it fake news and tell you to fuck off.
Quote :
Those Mii designs are downright weird though, burn them with fire.
When we saw Koizumi's and Takahashi's Miis they look fine, they've just gone a different angle with the NPCs I think. It is weird though.
Quote :
All geared up for next week’s online trail too. Hopefully there’s be a few folk game for it.
FUCK yeah.
Jimbob wrote:
I will admit I did actually laugh out loud when they showed the foot strap for the football game.
They just couldn't help themselves chucking in an extra little gimmick.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 11:16

The website shows you can make the Sportsmate for yourself or a Mii, and one of the images is your Sportsmate as a Squirrel.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 11:22

I'm glad there is a trial - I'd have zero chance of actually picking this up without a wee demo to see how I get on with this, and part of me does hope it ends up being well worth our time so we can build up a nice roster of GNamer multiplayer games.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 14:31

Same as Moyles, no harm in giving it a shot. Wii Sports never really took off for me in the way it did for some: it released late in my school life, at a time when nobody I knew was interested in Wii games, so it didn't get wheeled out at the few parties I attended (I was not a popular kid); and I thought it was too simplistic compared to what else I was playing. So I didn't have the 'moment' like, say, Cappa. (I liked Resort much more.) Meanwhile the Wii U one singularly failed to show any magic.

Colour me sceptical, then - but with a free trial, no reason not to give it a go!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 16:39

Buskalilly wrote:
Jimbob wrote:
I will admit I did actually laugh out loud when they showed the foot strap for the football game.
They just couldn't help themselves chucking in an extra little gimmick.
They confirmed online multiplayer, right? In which case, forget Mario Strikers, I want a montage of us all kicking an imaginary ball in our living rooms.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySat 12 Feb 2022 - 23:06

Aye there's online, speaking of which the play test on the 19th get's a little more odd after I mentioned no friend matches in another thread.

You have to register for a slot with registrations opening on February 16th, 09:00 (UK time)

Online Play Test information

When is it happening?
There will be five sessions in total, each one lasting 45 minutes:

Saturday, February 19th

03:00 - 03:45 (UK time)
11:00 - 11:45 (UK time)
19:00 - 19:45 (UK time)

Sunday, February 20th

03:00 - 03:45 (UK time)
11:00 - 11:45 (UK time)

What sports will be available?
You’ll be able to play online matches of Bowling, Tennis and Chambara against random players. You will not be able to initiate matches against friends who are also taking part in the Online Play Test.

-----

For any normal person those time slots are so shit meaning you'll probably only really get to play 3 out of the 5 sessions at the most & for only 45 minutes? Now, I know time gating an online test allows them to control things better (Elden Ring done this recently but in 3 hour blocks) in case of any hiccups but it should at least be two hours per session.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 2:52

The_Jaster wrote:
For any normal person those time slots are so shit meaning you'll probably only really get to play 3 out of the 5 sessions at the most & for only 45 minutes?  
Could that be because. . . other countries exist?
Flat Earth Brexit Jas confirmed
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 8:28

That's pish about those time slots, and pish about other countries existing too. I don't think I'll get to play any of those trials. That's not the end of the world though - I've already got this pre-ordered.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySun 13 Feb 2022 - 13:59

I've also now preordered as for £34.85 worth a punt
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyMon 14 Feb 2022 - 9:09

Buskalilly wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
For any normal person those time slots are so shit meaning you'll probably only really get to play 3 out of the 5 sessions at the most & for only 45 minutes?  
Could  that be because. . . other countries exist?
Flat Earth Brexit Jas confirmed

Laughing That's not the first time you've accused me of that so I think you might be projecting. Winky face.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 11:11

Projecting like NASA projects the fake moon onto the dome that covers the flat Earth!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyTue 15 Feb 2022 - 16:25

Earth is the real moon all along.

Nintendo Switch Sports ABx8RzP_700b
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyWed 16 Feb 2022 - 0:26

I'mma head to the gulf of Mexico real quick, don't mind me . . .
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySun 20 Feb 2022 - 14:03

Managed to get two good ol' sessions in today. It worked a treat! It looks nice, but it has a sort of centerparks/ PE lesson feel rather than the BIG SPORTS look of Wii Sports.

Tennis
Still great fun, plays just how I remembered it, worked a treat online. I don't know how I feel about it replacing the 15/30/45 shit with sensible 1-7 points.

Bowling
Amazing! Works well, and the elimination element of this multiplayer mode avoids slogging through the last seven rounds after the point you can't win. By the second sesh I was always in the Final at least.

Chambara
The weakest of the three, I reckon. Felt like it was basically a game of chanc because players can switch their angle faster than the game can show their movement.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySun 20 Feb 2022 - 22:07

My order of preference for each mode would be:

Bowling
Chambara
Tennis

They are all really fun modes though but my best moment of the test was probably in Tennis where the game put me 1 v 2 and I still won. Falcon Punch
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyMon 21 Feb 2022 - 16:31

Buskalilly sums up my thoughts pretty much exactly. I felt assured that Tennis would be absolutely fine, and it definitely is. They nailed it with Wii Sports Club on Wii U, and I think the Joy-Con have the same motion control technology in them than the Wii Remote Plus (maybe?). Bowling was even better, I could see myself getting addicted to that elimination element too. Chambara wasn’t so great, for the same reasons Buskalilly noted.

After playing it, I’m not as fussed about the presentation as before. Maybe it’s time to modernise the Mii idea, maybe even move away from it. They’re sixteen years old now.

Anyway, aye, feel good about Nintendo Switch Sports, looking forward to playing more of it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyTue 22 Feb 2022 - 7:17

I quite like the idea of making a Mii of me, the cartoon the bald man, and a Sportsatar (or whatever it's called) a little more like the lady I usually play as in games.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyWed 23 Feb 2022 - 19:33

Miis could probably do with an upgrade, but I don't think these fellows are it myself. They look like Dreamworks to the Miis' Pixar.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyThu 31 Mar 2022 - 12:29

Info drop video, kinda excited about soccer if we can get q bunch of us online.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyThu 31 Mar 2022 - 23:16

Everything else does look good there but I'm a bit worried that the "play with friends online" only says it's for 1-2 players. Which probably means stuff like 2v2 Tennis & 4v4 football is probably out the window
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptyFri 1 Apr 2022 - 19:53

Does that not mean 1-2 local players? I'm fairly sure Mario Kart says the same with its online.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports EmptySat 2 Apr 2022 - 0:16

I really hope that's what it is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Sports   Nintendo Switch Sports Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch Sports
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next