Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month

Go down 
+7
Crumpy Andy
Muss
Buskalilly
Balladeer
OrangeRakoon
The_Jaster
masofdas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 11:27

You've got PSNOW?

What about the other 3 game pass games like Weird West? Not keen.

Im about the Switch at the moment, both the other boxes imo are just £450 60fps last gen machines.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 11:58

Yeah, I got a super cheap deal for it and it's useful for things like Dynasty Warriors 8 that I've been working through for years. They get the odd decent game to warrant it, was fun to try GTA 3.

I've not heard of any of the other Gamepass games, I'll check them out if they get some buzz or if I've got nothing to play innit.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 12:02

You got Weird West on Fantasy Critic 😆
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 12:36

You know I'm not you right? March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 1f602
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 13:05

Did I win it?, I get confused with the two leagues what I win and don't.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyThu 24 Feb 2022 - 14:13

You drafted it, so yes?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 0:07

For February I said I wanted a lot of the games I just didn't know which ones, I ended up downloading Grapple Dog and that was it. This seems like a similar month where I want plenty but will probably hold off most.

Triangle Strategy looks very good but happy to wait for that one, will probably actually start Octopath next on my Switch in fact just to stay on trend. FAR: Changing Tides is another I'd love to play but am quite happy to wait for. Shadow Warrior looks neat so I might just get in a cheeky PS Now subscription, even if it's just the 7 day trial I've never used.

Stranger of Paradise looks more and more appealing every time I see it just for how batshit crazy it is so that's very tempting however the game I'm most likely to actually get will Kirby because it just looks like pure no nosnense fun and that's always worth my money.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 19:13

How did you get on with Grapple Dog Smurf?  It certainly did look interesting when NL reviewed it.  Also, I would still be genuinely interested in what people found interesting in the first FAR game and therefore its sequel.  Broadening my narrow mind and all that.

Buskalilly wrote:
I think Balla picked it up when he had a PS3?
Honestly, I don't think I could handle the month or so of GNamer after Balla actively tried to play DS, so I'm happy for that can of Solaires to stay locked tight.

Well remembered! Which means I played precisely none of it. That was a really stupid purchase from me in retrospect. Duh!

And - I don't think I can handle it either. Rest assured, it isn't in my calendar any time soon. There's a world I can see where I do get on with it, and where the satisfaction of overcoming the obstacles has me posting 'YASSSSS' on a regular basis, but there's a much more likely world where it winds me up the wrong way and I can't get past the grim art style and 10fps skeletons.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyFri 25 Feb 2022 - 19:52

EofGiz played Grapple Dog for review, and he liked so much he drafted it for Fantasy League. No idea how much it costs, if worth a punt price.

Isn't there a good few reviews from us on FAR as lot did play it?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 9:45

Grapple Dog is good fun, I've only played the the first world because Pokemon and house hunting/selling have gotten in the way but I'd recommend based on what I've played, think it might be £11.99 if memory serves, I get real GBA vibes from it.

I wanted to reply to that question about FAR in the other thread but honestly I don't know if I can explain it, I just remember sitting down with it and not wanting to stop, found it relaxing and satisfying at the same time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 15:22

Sounds good, might wishlist! Grapple Dog not FAR, I'm now convinced that FAR is in fact rubbish and there's just some Stockholm Syndrome that makes its purchasers think watching a bunch of old ships go by is fun. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 15:28

I can tell ya FAR: Changing Tides is getting me (Pod of War) and Andy, 12 points on Fantasy Critic.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 26 Feb 2022 - 15:34; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptySat 26 Feb 2022 - 15:30

Not Stockholm Syndrome, then - Mandela Effect.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Feb 2022 - 9:14

Kirby & The Forgotten Land and the Mario Kart 8 DLC are certainties, I’ll keep an eye on WWE 2K22 as well (for the GM Mode, natch). I think there’s a couple of Evercade cartridges coming out too, and I feel obligated to buy those. I just can’t wait for *checks notes* “Dino Land by Renovation Products”.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptySun 27 Feb 2022 - 12:08

The GM Mode does look polished but also naff as no mid-card belts or tag, and no triple threat etc aren't a option either.

Next Gen GTAV is March, if you care.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 18:23

I'm actually interested in Gran Turismo 7, off the back of all the great reviews it's getting. It's been a while since I've played one (not since 3 on PS2) but it might be time to dip back in.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 20:57

The one I've been exposed to is the VGC 3/5. You can imagine how that went down in certain circles. Laughing / Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 21:57

Yeah I saw the video discussion around that they shared. I respect their opinion but they seem to have approached GT7 with Forza fresh in their minds so a lot of their issues didn't really make sense if you're into more simmy racing games. The things they criticised are what gives Gran Turismo its identity - the ridiculous polish, the love letter to both sports cars and ordinary road cars, pissing about in the garage - they thought these were bad things when actually, that's part of the appeal.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 22:03

I did see the review, and agree with ya gJones, also why I'm not keen on Forza Motorsport either.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 22:36

It's going to be pretty hard to find a car game nut (not a racing game nut, a car game nut) who hasn't played Forza though isn't it? And if the one who works for your organisation thinks that way, there's a decent chance other people will think that way too, and find the things that make the series appealing... not so appealing in context. Seems fair enough to me! (Me who is in no way shape or form a car game nut.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyWed 2 Mar 2022 - 22:48

It is why I agree with gJones as Forza Motorsport has all the menus etc as well because it's a Sim. Now when Forza Motorsport Xbox Series comes out, it might not, yet history says different.

Then Forza Horizon is more arcade, it's different, then Mario Kart different again.

All racing games for sure, yet bring different things to the table and what you would expect from them.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2022 - 9:57

Yeah from what I gather, Forza Horizon is a car series designed for everyone. Forza Motorsport is similar to Gran Turismo - designed for a more hardcore audience. It's an interesting time for Gran Turismo, considering there are so many other hardcore racing games (good ones) that maybe weren't about when Gran Turismo made its mark back in the late 90s. I imagine a lot of people have grown up with the series, which is an odd thing to say - nostalgia for Gran Turismo is probably a thing and why there are some fans upset at that VGC review.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptyThu 3 Mar 2022 - 17:24

In a non-Elden Ring world, I'd be jumping on Triangle Strategy and Kirby at launch, but I fear this game will be all I'll be playing for bloody ages now, so they'll have to wait their turn.

I'm interested in Ghostwire Tokyo but I'll wait to see how it reviews before upping that interest. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands will inevitably see a look some day when me and Andy decide to submit ourselves to the wonders of Borderlands humour once more, but definitely not at launch.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Sat 5 Mar 2022 - 13:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 8:05

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm interesting in Ghostwire Tokyo
I've been teaching too long because I read that and could hear myself lecturing you "It is interesting, you are interested."
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 EmptySat 5 Mar 2022 - 10:08

Because of Triangle Strategy and the other Switch games, why I've not gone for the Elden Ring.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month   March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

March Bum Poo Square Weenix Games Month
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next