We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)

Go down 
+5
Balladeer
Treesmurf
Buskalilly
masofdas
JayMoyles
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyWed 8 Feb 2023 - 20:41

Buskalilly wrote:
I will say, Balla, that FROM games have some of the most interesting and mature character arcs in games. The message of Siegmeyer's quest in DaS is genuinely something that no media does often enough.

Fair, fair. It was half jape and half directed solely at the Tarnished, who I presume doesn't have much of an arc? No complaints about the side characters: even I know that Solaire, say, is a goodun.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 21:41

Apologies for the lack of updates this week folks. As a show of gratitude for being patient, how about another double serving of results?

THE "YOU'VE BEEN CASTLED" AWARD FOR POST OF THE YEAR 2022

We've spoken about how important it is to have good threads to post in on the forum, but of course, what's even more important is the quality of said posts. Here's your favourites from last year.

THIRD:

SECOND:

And your winner is...:

Missed the podium:

And your second serving for tonight is...

THE IRON FIST ALEXANDER AWARD FOR BEST NONTENDO GAME IN 2022

Some of us do play games that aren't on a Nintendo platform from time to time, and here's the games we thought were amongst the very best in 2022.

THIRD:

SECOND:

And the Nontendo Game of the Year is...:

Missed the cut:

And that's yer lot for tonight! I'll try and post more regular updates in the coming week and see out these awards in style!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 21:58

Post: Laughing Jas you tit.  (I say that, it was my first place too.)  A solid top three, I voted for two of them and Cowdenbeath was pushing for inclusion as well, and my third vote was for the perennially absent OR's post so better that everybody else forgot him.

Nontendo: Argh I did actually play two Nontendo games!  I'd like to retroactively give five points to Lights Off, Locks Locked which I did play and even voted for its thread, it deserves a podium place just for being a game one of us made doesn't it? Sad (My other vote was for Dordle, I even originally provided a link!) Tunic's on Switch as well BTW, I'm in theory playing it.

As for the winner, it was always likely but I'm glad Elden Ring beat out God of War.  Elden Ring really did tempt me to have a go, being an open-world iteration on the franchise as it was, and it sounded like it did some really fun stuff as well as the usual From high barrier to entry.  Meanwhile even Kratos' apparent arc can't convince me that any of the GoWs are actually interesting, and surely the brilliantly told story's ruined by Mimir's yapping bonce. Tongue
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 22:14

Mimir is an excellent lad and I'll hear nothing against him. Naughty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 23:17

Love Andy still sticking with Midnight Suns as his Nontendo GOTY.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023 - 19:57

Balla wrote:

Post:  Laughing  Jas you tit.  (I say that, it was my first place too.)  A solid top three, I voted for two of them and Cowdenbeath was pushing for inclusion as well, and my third vote was for the perennially absent OR's post so better that everybody else forgot him.

Ahh ye took it well, as if I'd done that to mas it maybe would've started world war 3. Winky Face

Quote :
You say: “Jas did his own version of those "my grandma tries to guess the names of these Pokémon" videos but in even better style, would like him to name all 1008 please.”

OOFT! That'd probably take too long. Laughing

----

Another good set of votes that, happy that Elden ring gets top spot as you never know sometimes in these awards. Again much appreciated for voting me for post of the year. Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2023 - 18:48

Does somebody need to give Jay a tap on the shoulder again? Shifty
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2023 - 21:12

Wave 3 of the Expansion Pack isn't available yet.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2023 - 22:34

Balladeer wrote:
I hear that Jas' Nontendo list is going to be Elden Ring at 1, empty space at 2, and then Elden Ring again at 3 4 and 5.

Before Balla made this joke, I had genuinely voted Elden Ring as all five of my Nontendo games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyFri 17 Feb 2023 - 23:23

Ah of course, my mistake was the empty space in position 2.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptySat 6 May 2023 - 17:14

So... how about some results?  Laughing

I'd love to be able to blame this all on the Postman from Zelda getting lost amongst some sky islands or something like that, but of course that would be unfair on Hyrule's hardest worker. I won't get into too much detail, but I had a pretty rough go of things earlier in the year and even the simple act of logging in here and updating this thread ended up feeling like a massive mountain. Sounds daft, but aye, that's what happened. Still, I wanted to get this out before we all lost ourselves in Tears of the Kingdom, so let's crack on, shall we?

The “andyman949 will probably note vote in this category” award for Best Music Track in a video game in 2022

Seeing as we've got a few awards to get through, why not have some tunes on in the background whilst you read? Here's what GNamer thought were bangers in 2022.

Like the other side categories, don't expect a winner or anything - was more for a bit of fun! I'm also not going to embed the tracks as it'll likely murder the thread's ability to load, so I'll link the tunes through the titles of the tracks.

The Tunes:

THE BIG REGGIE AWARD FOR CONTRIBUTOR OF THE YEAR

The posts are fun. The topics are a battle. If it's not fun, why bother?

Thankfully, you lot always serve up some great #content on the good ship GNamer to keep us all enthralled and coming back. Let us pose the question: for which big men has it been a good year? Let's find out!

THIRD:

SECOND:

CHAMPION OF CHAMPIONS:

How about some honourables and dishonourables before we find out our GOTY for last year?

Honourable Mentions:

Dishonourable Mentions:

And how about some GNew Year's Resolutions? How are you all getting on with these?

GNew Year's Resolutions:

THE GOLDEN GRACKLER FOR GNAMER NINTENDO GAME OF THE YEAR

Whilst 2022 might seem like a distant memory by this point and you're probably all salivating at the prospect of tucking into Tears of the Kingdom, we can't forget that there were some absolutely top notch games served up to us on Switch last year. Which of those games proved to be GNamer's favourite? Let's find out.

THIRD PLACE:

SECOND PLACE:

WINNER:

DIDN'T QUITE MAKE IT:

Phew. And that's the lot. Thanks for reading all of that folks and apologies once more for the massive delay on getting these out for y'all.

Last edited by JayMoyles on Sun 7 May 2023 - 0:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptySat 6 May 2023 - 21:31

Good to see you back on here Jay and a nice wee write up all the awards.

Though now, I'm mad at Balla as it looks like he didn't vote for 13S, and was I the only one that played Triangle Strategy?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptySun 7 May 2023 - 10:21

I played it, it's just a bit shite
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptySun 7 May 2023 - 10:43

Ohh must have been too hard for ya Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyMon 8 May 2023 - 10:57

Cheers for organising this Jay, and a big thanks in particular for making that effort and coming back. Also thanks to everybody who typed nice things about me and my posting, and lastly congrats to all the forum award winners!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyMon 8 May 2023 - 15:39

Return of the king!  The real king, not the fakey one the newspapers have been duped by.  That said, Final Fantasy Origin 'winning' two awards this time around is a surefire sign that this is every bit as corrupt as the other British royals.

From Pokémon games last year, Sada/Turo is a good choice from SV.  From Legends, you're thinking of the second final boss battle.  Or, well, you should be.  My suggestion was the 13 Sentinels piece: more on that game later.  Out of the rest, Tunic's soundscape is lovely even if no individual piece is going to make my top five, and A Few Screws Loose is properly good once it hits its straps. Thumbs Up!

Second again, is it?  Standard.  Thanks to the three people who voted for me!  I promise to keep shrugging about games. No complaints about the winner, with Smurf and Jas taking the awards this feels like a year of the underdog and all the better for it. Thumbs Up!

Disappointing lack of non-game non-me honourable mentions (kudos to whoever did the Wales one). Thumbs Down... Disappointing lack of resolutions from me too!  Sorry Jay, must have just slipped my mind.  That said, Mas covered the moving resolution just fine, I don't think I'd have anything else of interest to add.  Decent selection of dishonourables, although again it looks like me and Cappa propping that side of things up.  More hate people!  More rage!

Chuffed to see Xeno 3 take second! Dance On this forum especially it was never going to get first, so I'm very happy with that.  It feels like a beneficiary of a year where none of the other big games were really all that great or didn't manage mass appeal (with the exception of our first place), but I'm not complaining.  Legends was my second place so I'm happy with that too.  

masofdas wrote:
Though now, I'm mad at Balla as it looks like he didn't vote for 13S...

Correct.  I liked it well enough, and it was probably my seventh favourite game of 2022, just edging out ElecHead.  Good though it was it's no Omori, Chained Echoes, Neon White, or Nobody Saves the World.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 May 2023 - 21:04

Balladeer wrote:
Return of the king!  The real king, not the fakey one the newspapers have been duped by.  That said, Final Fantasy Origin 'winning' two awards this time around is a surefire sign that this is every bit as corrupt as the other British royals.

I think the only videogame to ever be successfully funny deserves its plaudits, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 May 2023 - 22:51

Like the others said good to see you back on the forum Jay & nice to see these awards finally wrapped up. Thumbs Up!

---

Now, it might just be that the games are not my cup of tea but I think that's our weakest Nintendo top 3 of the year ever! (Bayonetta 3 aside, natch)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 May 2023 - 23:05

Xenoblade 3 is a top notch JRPG in general, not just Switch, that do think it's due to the genre it might come over as weak.

Sure I've not gone back over the past votes.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 May 2023 - 21:25

Glad to have you back on the forum Mr Moyles, the wait wasn't a problem at all, your wellbeing will always be more important. It's a big task doing the forum awards and you deserve recognition for putting it all together so big thanks for that.

And big thanks for voting me Contributor of the Year, this has always been one of the nicest corner of the internet so to feel that my contributions are valued as much as I value you guys means a lot.

The top 3 is about what I expected, Pokemon is the only one I played and my number 1 I belive and a worthy winner in my book, was exactly the kind of twist the series needed and I can only see it getting better with further iterations.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 May 2023 - 22:14

The_Jaster wrote:
Now, it might just be that the games are not my cup of tea but I think that's our weakest Nintendo top 3 of the year ever! (Bayonetta 3 aside, natch)

"BREAKING NEWS: JRPG Hater Hates Top 3 With Two JRPGs, Details At 11"

To be fair, I think there's some room for criticism of the top three, and the year in general.  I submitted a dishonourable bashing it, in fact.  It's the bit in brackets that gives this away though: of the three games, Bayo 3 is the one where I've most seen fans of the series meet it with a shrug and a sigh.  Meanwhile Legends Arceus is undoubtedly flawed but, as Smurf says, also seen as the breath of fresh air Pokémon was crying out for; and everyone who's played XC3 loves it.  (Three votes, 14 points, the maths does itself.)

The conclusion, I can understand.  The way you reached that conclusion?  That's all your own wrongheadeness. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 May 2023 - 23:41

I've still to play Bayo 3 myself but I have heard that & it only adds to the top 3 feeling a bit off, BUT if you's say Pokemon/XC3 are great then all I can do is trust that because the genre just isn't my wheelhouse.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 May 2023 - 10:30

If you were ever gonna like a Pokémon Jas, it was probably Arceus.

Bayonetta 3 wasn't a great Bayonetta but that's still better than, like, 80% of games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 May 2023 - 10:49

Bayonetta 3 issue is how it handles Bayonetta, the gameplay is still great.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 EmptyTue 16 May 2023 - 10:51

masofdas wrote:
Bayonetta 3 issue is how it handles Bayonetta, the gameplay is still great.

I think Bayonetta 3, and to a lesser extent 2, sacrifices some of what made the first game so pure and great in favour of spectacle and unneeded variety.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)   The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The GNamer Forum Awards 2022 - Results time! (The rest of the results, at long last)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next