We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion

Go down 
+28
gjones
Solve My Maze
Sentinator
Silver light
Zaphod_B
Vidofnir
Rum
oldschool
Rattlecat
Cube
Dusty Knackers
shanks
Axis1500
Jimbob
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
Kieron
beemoh
fronkhead
mandlecreed
Buskalilly
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Balladeer
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 20:38

Balladeer wrote:
A lot of the GBA games?  That makes no sense! Neutral 

Edited for clarification. At least 5 indies are delayed from this month to next due to that.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 20:45

Superstar Saga is being re-released? That is excellent news. I was disappointed it didn't come with the 3DS ambassador scheme, I cant help but feel they went a bit wayward with Inside Story so it will be good to replay the original.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 20:47

And then more so with DTB. Sad 

Axis1500 wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

Edited for clarification. At least 5 indies are delayed from this month to next due to that.

I know, I know.  I'm just messing.  Which ones? The SKs are Nintendo exclusive, I thought? And the parity clause is as sodding awful as it was when RLegends got delayed for it. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 23:27

Balladeer wrote:
Question: do people think that £6.29 per game is reasonable?

Hm. Let's find out.

Balladeer wrote:
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror About £1 - £2 on eBay
Wario Ware Inc. Just less than £5
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity £5- £6 unboxed
Golden Sun Anything up to a tenner
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island About a tenner

Hit and miss, but more hit.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyWed 26 Mar 2014 - 23:55

Balladeer wrote:
Also: Mario & Luigi SS and Metroid Fusion.

10th:
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror
Wario Ware Inc.

17th:
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Golden Sun

24th:
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island

All at £6.29.  That's my otherwise empty-looking April sorted, then.

I'm tempted by Golden Sun as I've never played it and SMA3:YI as it's the best 2D Mario there is. But the price not sure of as beemoh bring up about eBay, yes some of these are cheaper and they could put up some of the rarer titles but you can't fondle a digital download.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 0:08

Cube wrote:
If they ever release WarioWare Twisted, I would but it instantly.

Seems possible given Nintendo's habit of re-releasing games we never had in the past over here.

Balladeer wrote:
It's like that's what the gamepad's accelerometers were made for!  HOW CAN THEY NOT.

...because Nintendo logic, probably, but yes that would be great.

Question: do people think that £6.29 per game is reasonable?

Just a little less than what N64 games worked out at on Wii so seems very reasonable to me, especially with some of the longer experiences like M&L and Advance Wars.

Axis1500 wrote:
Apparently, a lot of the indie games have been delayed due to Microsoft's launch parity clause. (AKA, the same thing responsible for Rayman.)

I just realised how much I hate Microsoft... I kid, I realised long ago.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 1:50

So, there's a new Kickstarter for a Wii U Game - Hex Heroes.
What's noticeable about this though, is that the game features characters you might know.

Rusty from Steamworld Dig! Juan from Guacameelee! Max from Mutant Mudds!

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 J5ojwsul

Soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/prismaticgames/hex-heroes
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 2:00

Balladeer wrote:
And then more so with DTB. Sad 

Axis1500 wrote:
Balladeer wrote:

I know, I know.  I'm just messing.  Which ones?  The SKs are Nintendo exclusive, I thought?  And the parity clause is as sodding awful as it was when RLegends got delayed for it. Evil or Very Mad 

Monkey Pirates, Squids Odyssey, Nihilumbra, 1001 Spikes, Ittle Dew, Teslagrad, QUBE Directors Cut, Wooden Sen'Sey and Gravity Badgers.

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/224441-three-wii-u-eshop-titles-see-release-dates-changed-to-tbd
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/224444-another-7-wii-u-eshop-titles-get-dates-changed-to-tbd
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 7:48

Two of those (Tesla and Nihil) I was looking forward to.

...yeah, M$ can go rake themselves.

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 Giphy
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 8:50

Those delays are just full-on pants. The only silver lining is that we'll get time to enjoy our GBA downloads...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyThu 27 Mar 2014 - 16:58

Its a real shame 1001 spikes is one of those delayed games I've been looking forward to that for a long time now. (Seems like years)
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptySat 29 Mar 2014 - 9:29

Sorry, I know I'm interrupting another conversation to jump onto a previous bit, but, I only ever borrowed Yoshi's Island, and never owned it. I feel like everyone should buy the WiiU VC version ASAP, to prove that we all still love the game, even if we hate the new half-baked iteration.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 0:07

The_Jaster wrote:
Its a real shame 1001 spikes is one of those delayed games I've been looking forward to that for a long time now. (Seems like years)

Bah, annoyingly I'm not surprised about the delay either given Nicalis' recent track record. They do decent porting jobs and development (though Cave Story 3D was a bit iffy in places, at least presentation-wise) of indie games but it seems like they put too much on their plate. They also confirmed an EU release of Cave Story 3DS (the 2D one) for last summer but have remained shtum about it since...I always get the impression they don't care about Europe. Annoying.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 0:22

Aye it certainly seems like that sometimes, this is a total guess but I dont imagine they'd have a very good EU set up.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 22:21

The_Jaster wrote:
Aye it certainly seems like that sometimes, this is a total guess but I dont imagine they'd have a very good EU set up.

Yeah, I have a feeling they also don't want to pay for the EU age ratings, which are a hassle (but surely sales in the region would outweigh the costs of certification anyway) as there are several boards and it's just overall a lot more costly (both in terms of money and time) to get a game through the system compared with in the US. Renegade Kid's Jools Watsham has complained about this too, and it's also probably why we still don't have Mutant Mudds DX on Wii U here yet. Sigh.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptySun 30 Mar 2014 - 22:39

I finished Little Inferno again recently, and its replayability is assuring that we made the right choice to buy it back at Wii U launch.

Funnily enough I missed the game's message back in December 2012, thinking it was about consumerism, when in fact it isn't. The real message the game has to tell makes a lot of sense (especially if you read between the lines of the script), and is pretty impactful. I really like it, and it made replaying the game to 'get' it worth it. Though I'm annoyed I accidentally dragged my free hugs coupon out of the dock when I was on the seventh catalogue. RAGE.

Since it's spoiler territory, here's what the developers at Tomorrow Corporation had to say about what the game's ending really signifies at GDC earlier this month: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a558289/little-infernos-message-explained-by-tomorrow-corporation-gdc-2014.html
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014 - 3:12

fronkhead wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

Yeah, I have a feeling they also don't want to pay for the EU age ratings, which are a hassle (but surely sales in the region would outweigh the costs of certification anyway) as there are several boards and it's just overall a lot more costly (both in terms of money and time) to get a game through the system compared with in the US. Renegade Kid's Jools Watsham has complained about this too, and it's also probably why we still don't have Mutant Mudds DX on Wii U here yet. Sigh.

Ahh that bomb monkey game probably had the same fate.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014 - 10:50

Surprised that, having heard that we're due something like 17 new eShop games in the next two months, none are coming this week. It's all about the GBA right enough. I think I'm going to give Advance Wars another chance.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014 - 11:04

I imagine that the MS rubbish further up the page has something to do with it. I don't think we have 17 new eShop games in the next two months any more...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014 - 13:12

I really don't get what they gain from that (besides the obvious) they're already in the bad books with most folk & this contract doesn't help, if I was a dev/publisher I wouldn't be keen on making a game for their system at all.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyMon 31 Mar 2014 - 17:30

Regrettably for Nintendo and Sony fans, MS still have a big share of the gaming audience. My concern is that devs need to start seeing a return on their hard work, and delays to them getting money in can have awful consequences for companies.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 9:14

This Week

Wii U Virtual Console

Advance Wars £6.29
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga £6.29
Metroid Fusion £6.29

Wii U eShop Permanent Discounts

RUSH £1.79
Toki Tori £1.79
EDGE £1.79
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 16:33

Wrong thread originally: looks like I'll be starting my long-overdue apology to Jay by buying Aria of Sorrow when it comes out on VC.  Maybe GP Legend too.

I'll be picking up Fusion this weekend, I think.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 18:17

Ooh, Aria of Sorrow is one of the top-tier Castlevania games. Make sure to pick up Dawn of Sorrow if you enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E Shop and Downloadables Discussion   E Shop and Downloadables Discussion - Page 16 EmptyTue 1 Apr 2014 - 18:53

Balladeer wrote:
Wrong thread originally: looks like I'll be starting my long-overdue apology to Jay by buying Aria of Sorrow when it comes out on VC.  Maybe GP Legend too.

I'll be picking up Fusion this weekend, I think.

You played fusion before? If not then you're in for a treat.
Back to top Go down

E Shop and Downloadables Discussion
Page 16 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next