We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Game and Wario

Go down 
+12
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
Axis1500
fronkhead
Buskalilly
shanks
Admin
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Treesmurf
Balladeer
The_Jaster
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Game and Wario  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptySun 30 Jun 2013 - 23:07

I have a feeling £20 would have been a fair price, the controls themselves don't even seem to be spot on, the ones you mentioned and Pirates once you get the hang of it are very good, don't think Ashley is all that bad either (might lack the distance to go far though), I found Arrow to be the worst thing on Wii U I've played so far and others like the Kat and Ana and Dr Crygor games just seem uninspiring. I wonder how much I'd get for trade in...

Last edited by treesmurf11 on Sun 30 Jun 2013 - 23:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Maybe I'm being a little harsh and need to give it more time, £18 for trade in by the way)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyMon 1 Jul 2013 - 6:29

Ouch. Well, it's dropped off my to buy list completely, now. Aww! For the record, the GAME I was in on Saturday had some copies...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyMon 1 Jul 2013 - 9:31

Phillips wrote:
I think that, for those reasons, the current going rate (£27 on ShopTo) isn't too bad. You might get some enjoyment out of this with nupkin - there are definitely things to like (albeit not that many!). However, in searching for something else to play, I think that it's less of a case of 'roll on the next WarioWare', but roll on Pikmin 3.

I have ordered it from ShopTo, so hopefully I won't feel like I'm being ripped off too much.

Still not getting Pikmin though. Razz 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyMon 1 Jul 2013 - 12:24

Like treesmurf, part of me feels that I should spend more time with it, yet I don't believe that there's enough content here for me to be doing so anyway. I'm coming to believe that my disappointment with this is induced not only from what it had to follow - both GBA WarioWare games, both DS games and the Wii game are all excellent - but that Game & Wario is a pretty dodgy showcase for what the Wii U can do. It doesn't look up to much, the controls are at times unconvincing, there's practically no depth or entertainment value in some of the games on offer...it really isn't what Wii U needed. It's not awful...but it's not good either.

Confession time: I've yet to play my Wii U with my mates. Nintendo Land, as good as it is, wouldn't go down well as most of my mates don't give a toss about Zelda, F-Zero, Metroid and the rest, and specifically two of them could be described as anti-Nintendo (and another one didn't understand how to play New Super Mario Bros Wii, amazingly). I thought Game & Wario would be a good ice-breaker, but it's ended up a bit of a state. I'd get pelters if I put this on instead of FIFA 13. That's a shame.
Back to top Go down
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyMon 1 Jul 2013 - 17:15

I too am very disappointed by what I've played of this, it's so tame and dull. I think I expected a Wario Ware-style experience, and what I've got is some very average minigames. Such a letdown.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyMon 1 Jul 2013 - 17:19

This has shot to #1 in the Wii U chart, but is nowhere to be seen in the all-formats...
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyTue 2 Jul 2013 - 0:47

Phillips wrote:
Like treesmurf, part of me feels that I should spend more time with it, yet I don't believe that there's enough content here for me to be doing so anyway. I'm coming to believe that my disappointment with this is induced not only from what it had to follow - both GBA WarioWare games, both DS games and the Wii game are all excellent - but that Game & Wario is a pretty dodgy showcase for what the Wii U can do. It doesn't look up to much, the controls are at times unconvincing, there's practically no depth or entertainment value in some of the games on offer...it really isn't what Wii U needed. It's not awful...but it's not good either.

Confession time: I've yet to play my Wii U with my mates. Nintendo Land, as good as it is, wouldn't go down well as most of my mates don't give a toss about Zelda, F-Zero, Metroid and the rest, and specifically two of them could be described as anti-Nintendo (and another one didn't understand how to play New Super Mario Bros Wii, amazingly). I thought Game & Wario would be a good ice-breaker, but it's ended up a bit of a state. I'd get pelters if I put this on instead of FIFA 13. That's a shame.
I think some of the games may have a bit of depth to them as the difficulty increases, time will tell I guess and the drawing thing can definitely keep the Miiverse enthusiasts interested.

FYI Nintendo Land, I still think you could sell it, just insist they give it a go or two and they'll be hooked, it's very much a Wii Sports affair, hard to explain why it's great but one play of it and it just clicks with nearly everyone who plays it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 9:08

This arrived today. I can't remember the last time I was this unenthused by a home console videogame arriving. (Assuming my dad buying me ACIII as an unwanted Christmas present doesn't count.)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 11:32

I'd say Nintendoland can be played with just about anyone; my FIFA-obsessed mates were well up for the three 4-on-1 games and metroid, at least.

I still haven't tried the multiplayer on G&W. There's a lot riding on it for me at the moment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 23:39

I feel I may have been a bit harsh on this, it's more down to high expectations, it's certainly good fun in it's own right, very much the Wii Play of Wii U (minus the free controller making it seem a little less essential).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Jul 2013 - 17:13

Okay, just started playing this blighter, and... I've enjoyed it so far, but I can see why it would get old quickly. Patchwork is an early favourite, out of the first five. However, what I've really enjoyed is the "sixty-second drawings on Miiverse" game, proving once again that Miiverse is fantastic. So far I've drawn a "giant egg" and a "derpy fish".
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Jul 2013 - 19:17

treesmurf11 wrote:
I found Arrow to be the worst thing on Wii U I've played so far
Agreed, this was highly irritating for me - I couldn't get the tilt control to work and the pepper bomb was incredibly awkward to have to look down to touch the nose. And the fact that Mona was blonde and "pretty" in the conventional sense hacked me off more than it should have. I too was expecting a plethora of micro-games similar to Wario Ware but this can't have longevity from what I've seen so far.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptySat 6 Jul 2013 - 20:41

So holding the gamepad vertically strikes again, I wish they'd stop using it when its just awkward & clearly doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 22:54

The_Jaster wrote:
So holding the gamepad vertically strikes again, I wish they'd stop using it when its just awkward & clearly doesn't work.
I wouldn't say that, the bowling game featured is great and Ski is ok.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyMon 8 Jul 2013 - 0:16

treesmurf11 wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
I wouldn't say that, the bowling game featured is great and Ski is ok.

I must say this is from my experience with the likes of Fzero & that ninja castle on Nintendo Land.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2013 - 23:40

I'm quite partial to F-Zero as well myself and Ninja Castle isn't technically bad, just not fun, arrow on the other hand is technically bad.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptySat 13 Jul 2013 - 0:15

Finally tore myself away from Animal Cocaine to play this. Gamer is the best mode ever. In my opinion, they should have included it as a Warioware attraction in Nintendo land. Not so sure about the other modes, but Patchwork's kinda fun.... I guess...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013 - 22:02

And I'm back on the doodles.  Orbulon's suggestions are the best: today I got "CHANDELIER", "J. S. BACH" and "CLOWN".

I have seen absolutely no one else mention this mode.  Am I the only one who uses/used it?  (Also I seem to have a follower who "YEAH"s every suggestion and drawing I make.  It doesn't mean anything if you do it every time, old chap!)
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyTue 30 Jul 2013 - 22:17

I've been playing a bit of that. And the actual multiplayer pictionary thing has entered the annals of go-to games when I have friends round.

The problem with this is that it's mostly single player and there are much better games to play on my own.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Aug 2013 - 22:00

Anyone recommend this still? I have a wee bit of spare cash leftover this month.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Aug 2013 - 22:11

I can't honestly recommend it as a purchase. It does have some very fun aspects, though, especially the aforementioned doodles. Pick it up if you see it at bargain price.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Aug 2013 - 22:18

Hmm, cheers. I'm still hugely torn, seeing as my chances of multiplayer are literally one session in three months or so. :S
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyMon 5 Aug 2013 - 22:41

Stu_the_great wrote:
Anyone recommend this still? I have a wee bit of spare cash leftover this month.

Not really. Despite reading the reviews beforehand and mostly knowing what to expect, I was still really disappointed by Game & Wario. I found there to be so little here that's even mildly diverting, let alone entertaining, and to my mind it has virtually none of the creativity, style and ingenuity of any of the WarioWare games. Perhaps worth a punt at a tenner or less, but I wish I gave Game & Wario a miss. Game Party Champions and Chasing Aurora aside, it's the worst game I've bought for the Wii U by a mile.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptyWed 14 Aug 2013 - 20:37

Taking everyone's opinions in, I decided to purchase this with a ShopTo discount this week, and I've actually had an alright time with it. Way too short, way too repetitive, but a couple of the modes have been a good laugh in multiplayer (which I've somehow managed to experience).

I wouldn't really recommend it, but I don't regret finding out what it was like for myself.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 EmptySun 1 Sep 2013 - 20:47

Bought today on eBay for £18, not sure I'll like but miiverse integration looks neat. And if I don't like it , CEX are giving a decent price for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game and Wario    Game and Wario  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game and Wario
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next