We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptySat 7 Feb 2015 - 8:18

No, the first few stages are genuinely hard, given that Pit could be soundly thrashed by my 2-year-old niece at the start of the game. If you do make it far enough, you can become an unstoppable badass. My tip is to stick around and kill as many enemies as possible on the early levels - that will make your health bar grow enough to cope with the onslaught (when you finish a level, your score almost acts as XP and hands out extra HP accordingly). Thumbs Up!

~~~

As mentioned elsewhere, the original Shantae is my poison at the moment. Goodness only knows how this became so well-liked: it's so tough, primarily because, as in Kid Icarus above, the player character is so crap. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 11:52

Metroid Prime for me. I'm about three hours in now, just obtained the Varia Suit so I can check out Magmoor Caverns (I think). I like how the game only really informs you about an upcoming substantial enemy and leaves pretty much everything else to you to discover.

I hope there aren't any more of those rune scanning puzzles, though. I've sat through two of them in those three hours already.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 13:01

I am playing 3 games at the same time right now, 2 last gen in Valkyria Chronicles (I just love the look of this game) on the PS3 and Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn on the Wii (U to be precise), but today I added Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wing of the Lost Ocean on the Gamecube (the Wii to be more precise).

It was kind of amusing to see the game save on the memory card for Baten Kaitos, a game I love to bits, but never passed the first disc, as I had 25 hours clocked up, starting in 2006, left for a while and started again a year later in 2007, then left again and started a year later in 2008. Rather than figure out what I had already completed, I started again.

What dawned on me playing it, is that it is by Monolith, aka Xenoblade (in conjunction with Tri-Crescendo) a la Xenoblade Chronicles. It was when I was watching the cutscenes that I thought how much the character animations are like those in XCX. It has also got me wondering who actually owns Baten Kaitos? Monolith, who are Nintendo? Or is it Tri-Crescendo, who are independent I believe? Or perhaps Namco Bandai who published it? Reson I mused on this as I would love not only a full remake of this game, and Origins, but a new game in the series. The Wii U really needs games like this.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 17:17

Namco owns the IP but is rather confusing.

I should maybe play my Cube copy and even import the squeal which Nintendo published in the states.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 20:57

Just accidentally (carelessly) died in Metroid Prime and erased a ton of progress. Totally can't be arsed trying it all again tonight. Sad
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyMon 9 Feb 2015 - 21:09

masofdas wrote:
Namco owns the IP but is rather confusing.

I should maybe play my Cube copy and even import the squeal which Nintendo published in the states.

I own the prequel, Origins and whilst it is very good, it is more of the same thing, but without much of the charm the first one has.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 13:27

I started up Metroid Prime yesterday (on veteran difficulty) & I'm falling in love with it all over again, I've made it to the Magmoor caverns without much trouble so far but I've found it a bit of (re)learning process when it comes to the wii remote controls though as I've struggled at times to keep the pointer centred.

I'm also not a fan of how you switch to scanning visor either.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 16:19

Also playing Prime, and the scanning visor thing is a right faff. It also highlights how annoying the save points are, particularly when your wife comes home and wants to watch TV, but you have to work your way through rooms of re-generated enemies to find somewhere to save.

Also, Metroid Prime with a Wii-mote and Nunchuk on the Gamepad is one of those situations where you question if Nintendo truly are a bunch of depraved loons. You have to be a certain distance from the Gamepad for the Wiimote to be picked up, but not too far away so as you can't see what's going on.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 18:18

gjones wrote:
Also playing Prime, and the scanning visor thing is a right faff.

So some more bad news is that when you acquire new weapons switching between those is done in the same way except with the + button, why couldn't they just have it on the d-pad? Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyTue 10 Feb 2015 - 18:28

Might be cool for someone like Stu
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2015 - 10:20

masofdas wrote:
Might be cool for someone like Stu

Hmm. A little more information on their homepage would be useful, but it's an intriguing idea. For that much a month, though, how many games are you provided with?

~~~~~~~~

We've been playing Mario Kart: Double Dash!! in four-player co-op several times over the last week or so. It's actually enjoyable this way, as I'm spared the pain of doing the driving.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyWed 11 Feb 2015 - 10:35

I've not really looked into it but the picture shows three games Digger T Rock on NES, Double Dragon on GB and Sonic 3 on MD.

On eBay buying those three might cost you £15 there box costs £23 but they of course have to ship & make money on it also you don't lnow what your getting.

More Info here
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 23:28

nupkin came over to the Balla-flat, and we played Beat the Beat. The girl's obsessed with it, especially the seals game. I still can't get a perfect on any of them, though. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptySat 14 Feb 2015 - 23:50

Nupkin hey Cheeky
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 8:17

Balladeer wrote:
I still can't get a perfect on any of them, though. Aww!

That's interesting - I would have thought a chap of your musical standing would have been right on top of that. Neutral

As for myself, the passport has been checked and I'm in Donkey Kong Country. 3, to be precise. The only DKC I've not beaten...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 9:32

You'd think so, wouldn't you?  But I've always been better at melodies than rhythm.  Some of my favourite pieces are molto rubato - which, for any layman who has wandered into this forum, means that the rhythm sways all over the place like a drunkard on rollerskates.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 11:38

Balladeer wrote:
nupkin came over to the Balla-flat, and we played Beat the Beat

*snort* Laughing

My Metroid Prime-athon continues. I'm in Phendrana Drifts now, though I do need to return to Magmoor Caverns to clear a couple of bits of business up. I think I must be about due another boss battle or suit upgrade. Oh! And I managed to get that sodding E-Tank that requires a triple bomb jump.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptySun 22 Feb 2015 - 15:00

I've just downloaded this. I feel the need to share this with you. Only British video games of the early 80s would include a "not losing your kids at a computer exhibition" simulator.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyFri 27 Feb 2015 - 6:51

In a shallow attempt to fill the gap left by completing Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, I've gone back to the original Shantae. I've said in a few places on this great forum that I've no idea how Shantae survived, given how slow the original game is... last night I discovered that there's a run button. Duh! / Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 0:00

Thing I remembered today: I'm rubbish at Zelda II.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 0:14

The Link of Zelda II is so rubbish, though! Pit might be able to beat him, for Pete's sake. Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 0:17

I'm currently levelling the blighter up to max capacity (level 8 ), just to see if he's badass or not.

It'll be worth the tedium... right?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 0:22

Fingers crossed - don't think I ever got to that stage!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 8:12

I haven't even trounced the first palace yet. Embarrassed

And why is it that useless little blob things dish out 2 EXP at a time, whereas much more aggressive Moblins deal nothing at all? DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 EmptyTue 3 Mar 2015 - 13:16

I really like Zelda II. Adding RPG elements to Zelda was right up my alley, and I'm slightly disappointed they never revisited it. Also, the combat with some of the cleverer enemies like the Stalfos or Iron Knuckles is properly tense.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 5 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next