Nobody Does Being Stranded Among the Dead Better than Luigi

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
I'M EVEN LONELIER
Balladeer

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 EmptyMon 2 Sep 2019 - 22:15

I did. (Hated some of those purple coin stars, especially the ones where you have to go upside a moving platform, and that bloody horrendous one with Bee Mario over Sea Slide.) I even 200%ed it, if that's the right way of looking at it.

I never did 200% SMG2 though. The Perfect Run, or whatever it was called, kept killing me on the very last bit as I stressed out. DAMN YOU! Still: we can all argue about which is better until the cows come home, but SMG2 postgame >> SMG1 postgame, not a doubt there.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Jimbob

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 EmptyTue 17 Sep 2019 - 22:00

I did manage to completely complete them Galaxy games - I sort of regret not going back and doing it again, with the pressure off (don't ask me why my brain thinks that way!)
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Drunkalilly
Centurion of Palutena
Drunkalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 EmptyWed 18 Sep 2019 - 1:34

I get it. The Galaxy games were in that league of "this is so good, why would I play other games". I 100%ed but not quite the second, I think. I should go back . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Kriken
Philips CD-i Title
Kriken

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 EmptySat 21 Sep 2019 - 22:22

I 100%'d Galaxy. I think I 100%'d Galaxy 2 as well but I'm not quite sure - did like Galaxy 2 a lot since I loved Galaxy so much, but I definitely had less enthusiasm for that game.

As for what I'm currently playing, I'm alternating between a few Fire Emblem games. The original on the NES, Fire Emblem GBA (FE7) and New Mystery of the Emblem on the DS. Pretty familiar with the NES original since I played the fairly faithful DS remake, and have played FE7 a few times, this time on Hector Hard Mode which I don't think I've seen through before, but it's my first time playing New Mystery and I've been having a lot of fun with it.

While I appreciate Shadow Dragon's more faithful approach in remaking FE1, I like how New Mystery takes the same aesthetic but mixes everything up a bit. New mechanics, side chapters, an avatar character, more characters with more of the FE1 characters returning ("everyone is here"), support conversations. It's like a proto-Awakening, though more my kind of Fire Emblem. Can't say every change is good but it's refreshing.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 EmptySun 13 Oct 2019 - 19:36

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 220px-Solkeybox
I did a bloody hard NES game, using my old-school patience for bullshit*. It took about 10 hours and I save-stated the heck out of it. Not even I have the patience to start from the beginning of this nonsense each time. Not sure why it's "revered" as a "classic". 5/10.

*I didn't get the "best" ending - you only get that if you reach the secret levels, and you only get to those if you pick up all the secret tile-y things. Sometimes they're hidden behind blocks. Sometimes they will be hidden by blocks, as long as you make the blocks first. This started off as an arcade game for heaven's sake.
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Baby Brush God
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019 - 10:06

Never got the appeal around Solomon's Key either. I remember NGamer Magazine getting a stauner when it was announced that the NES version was coming out on the Wii Virtual Console. Can't think why. It's maybe the most okayish game I've ever played.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019 - 23:15

I played it for about ten minutes on Virtual Console and felt much the same. I had more fun with NES Tennis and that's one of the worst Virtual Console purchases I made.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Baby Brush God
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019 - 8:43

Did you know? In some parts of East London, NES Tennis is rhyming slang for Les Dennis.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Din's Power
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019 - 1:18

Where can I subscribe to Did You Know Gaming as narrated by The Cappuccino Kid?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19