Saudi Arabia's Public Investment Fund can acquire 5% of the Grackler's boaby

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Naga
Buskalilly

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 EmptySat 19 Feb 2022 - 8:00

There's a really interesting youtube video I'll try to link you sometime about how different languages, no matter how unrelated, always name the colours in the same order.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Greener
gjones

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 EmptySun 3 Apr 2022 - 11:10

I took my daughters to this neat arcade in Bristol - you had all the consoles there and a bunch of old arcade cabinets. Paid a fee and you could play all day. We had a bash on Wind Jammers, Rave Racer, Pop n' Music 7, Dance Dance Revolution 2, and they had a go on Sonic 2, Super Mario World, Virtua Tennis...

I'd heard about some of these arcade clubs in places like Bury, Manchester and Birmingham, but nice that there's one in the South West too Grin
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Portrait Ghost
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 9:56

I like that so many of these arcades, barcades and exhibitions are popping up nowadays. I live in a seaside town where most of the nearby amusements closed down a couple of decades ago. But trends like that give me a bit of hope that we’ll see the likes of those again, even if they’re only in the cities like Glasgow and Edinburgh.

~

I’m off work with two weeks of annual leave to use up, and among other things I was hoping to pay a bit of attention to my backlog. There’s two DS games I’ve been playing since Sunday morning, Meteos and Hotel Dusk: Room 215. Meteos is Meteos, it’s a class game with a brilliant concept that’s excellently pulled off.

Hotel Dusk is maybe a bit more interesting. I think I’d mentioned recently that I’ve never played it before. I’m sure Buskalilly reviewed it somewhere recently, and I’d seen that gjones put it’s sequel in his top thirty list. Those put Hotel Dusk into my head, and now here I am. I’ve just finished Chapter 2.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Naga
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 10:07

It was the sequel I finished recently, but I did finish Hotel Dusk only a year or two ago as well. Both highly recommended by your boy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Greener
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 12:29

I've not played the first game, but Last Window properly sucked me in. Whatever you do, don't play it on a 2DS, as there's a folding the screen puzzle in it. I still need to go back and complete it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 12:39

Jay was talking about playing 999 but was doing it on PS4, the game has some puzzles/story elements using the DS much as you say about Last Window that I wonder how it translates to the single screen?

Last Window is one of a few DS games I always look out for in a CEX etc

We've still got the arcade in bridgwater, not been in for years though, I should see if any new machines in there.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 20:47

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I’m off work with two weeks of annual leave to use up, and among other things I was hoping to pay a bit of attention to my backlog. There’s two DS games I’ve been playing since Sunday morning, Meteos and Hotel Dusk: Room 215. Meteos is Meteos, it’s a class game with a brilliant concept that’s excellently pulled off.

Hotel Dusk is maybe a bit more interesting. I think I’d mentioned recently that I’ve never played it before. I’m sure Buskalilly reviewed it somewhere recently, and I’d seen that gjones put it’s sequel in his top thirty list. Those put Hotel Dusk into my head, and now here I am. I’ve just finished Chapter 2.

What a double! Grin Both of them really special games. Keen to read those Dusky thoughts when/if you finish it. Meanwhile I ought to give Meteos another go.

gjones wrote:
I've not played the first game, but Last Window properly sucked me in. Whatever you do, don't play it on a 2DS, as there's a folding the screen puzzle in it. I still need to go back and complete it.

Would you presumably not just put the machine into sleep mode, and trick the console that way?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 21:24

Played the first two chapters on Radiant Dawn, it doesn't look bad for its age but is a tad grey & dull in places.

What is even more grey is PS3 launch game Resistance Fall of Man, which is now back online. I decided to play some of it, and umm the default controls are awful, then playing everything is grey or beige that it's ridiculously hard to tell who or what anything is as it all looks that dam same.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
The Next Miyamoto
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 21:55

For all that us Nintendo fanboys slagged off the BBoP games of the era for looking grey-brown while we were stuck with the SD Wii, occasionally we had a point. Usually by accident, it feels like.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Reggie
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 EmptyWed 6 Apr 2022 - 22:04

I'm going to give the PS3 the benefit of doubt seeing Resistance Fall of Man is 16 years old and launch game. Plus I played Journey on it last year and that looks fantastic still.

Same with the Wii even with its SD'ness and Radiant Dawn being rather grey, hopefully much like Journey stuff with great artstyles hold up well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 27 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 27 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27