You need me to get that s**t together, so we can get together.

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?

Go down 
+25
kerr9000
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
Spiralcannon2-CW
EofGizmo
ssmmdd
The Cappuccino Kid
Fastpie
gjones
oldschool
Treesmurf
Cube
Jimbob
mandlecreed
Dusty Knackers
ZeroJones
fronkhead
JayMoyles
Silver light
Balladeer
Vidofnir
The_Jaster
masofdas
beemoh
Admin
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 26 EmptyMon 16 Aug 2021 - 21:51

I've never played Blur but from what I know it's like PGR × Mario Kart and that sounds good.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Koizumi
masofdas

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 26 EmptyTue 24 Aug 2021 - 15:52

Yesterday, after coming home with my pick-ups, plugged the old 3DO in and a had a play with a few games after Super Wing Commander didn't work.

PGA Tour 96, this is so odd as the greens look awful yeah I know it's from 1996 (Maybe 95) as the Golfers are digitized graphics like Mortal Kombat meaning they look so out of place. I played  around and it's a pass.

Powers Kingdom, this looks great and is full screen, just I couldn't figure out what I was doing as just plonked on a map to fight some clown monsters in this RPG.

Wasn't a great two games, then I played FIFA International Soccer which would have blown me away if I had played back in the day if I was to compare with SNES/MD as it looks great and the game of Soccer was fun as well. What it does neat though when loading it shows FMV clips of historical international games which I think is a neat use of the CD format at the time.

Wasn't only 3DO as I played some Blur on PS3 which to my shock is still online and had on a Monday night 1500ish people playing some sort of Multiplayer, this seemed tad impressive as PS3 two gens back now and not like Blur was a success. Did make me curious to pick up something like a COD to see how active that still is, not sure what else would be online still.  

Anyway, on the game I did play some multiplayer, and it was a lot of fun driving around, hitting people with power ups and all that. Single player was fun as well, yet has the same sort of gimmick as MSR/PGR instead of Kudos its Lights (Likes really) and fans which you get which I had to get a certain amount to take on first chapter's boss, meaning I had to redo a race to get one more Light to take her own.

Overall though was really impressed, and I know I was playing 3DO beforehand but thought it looked decent still as well.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Greener
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 26 EmptySun 5 Sep 2021 - 19:56

I saw your Blur footage Mas and it actually didn't look as fun as I'd heard it was. Maybe I'm mixing it up with Split/Second.

I booted up the 360 and played a few games:

OutRun Online Arcade

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 26 Maxresdefault

This is a slimmed-down version of the OutRun 2 console releases, so even though this is a desirable game to play (as it's been delisted) I would advise playing the Xbox or PS2 ports. The game itself features the Arcade, Heart Attack, Time Attack and the 15-course epic mode but it doesn't have any unlockables. The gameplay itself is classic OutRun 2 so I'd sooner throw that on for a few races.

The Club

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 26 Maxresdefault

Spent a couple of hours with this game after reading a Eurogamer article heaping praise on it, but I'm struggling to see what the fuss is about. It's basically the Dreamcast game Outtrigger with a Manhunt aesthetic - 3rd person shooter with a high-score mechanic. The actual concept is brilliant - the execution less so. It plays like a PS2 game and to be fair, looks like one. For a game that relies on shooting enemies accurately and stringing together combos, it lacks the sharp gameplay needed to make you feel like a boss. It relies on players returning to try and learn the levels (which have laps!). You run through the levels dispatching enemies and get rewarded for stylish kills, which considering it's made by the guys that did Project Gotham Racing, it makes sense. I just think it needed to play a better game to keep me interested in its mechanics.

SEGA Rally

I wasn't expecting much from this SEGA Rally reboot (also called SEGA Rally Revo) but it has a full campaign mode albeit nowhere near as lengthy as SEGA Rally 2's. You've got some slidey arcade handling that relies on how hard you're steering - first impressions are it's really sensitive on a 360 controller but you get used to it. Visually, this looks no different to Gravel from this/last-gen which is impressive for a fourteen-year-old game. It's an enjoyable little racer - the main disappointment here is the atrocious music. Really odd given SEGA's history.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 26 EmptyMon 13 Sep 2021 - 17:49

@gjones wrote:

The Club

Spent a couple of hours with this game after reading a Eurogamer article heaping praise on it, but I'm struggling to see what the fuss is about. It's basically the Dreamcast game Outtrigger with a Manhunt aesthetic - 3rd person shooter with a high-score mechanic. The actual concept is brilliant - the execution less so. It plays like a PS2 game and to be fair, looks like one. For a game that relies on shooting enemies accurately and stringing together combos, it lacks the sharp gameplay needed to make you feel like a boss. It relies on players returning to try and learn the levels (which have laps!). You run through the levels dispatching enemies and get rewarded for stylish kills, which considering it's made by the guys that did Project Gotham Racing, it makes sense. I just think it needed to play a better game to keep me interested in its mechanics.

Wow, I remember this game getting a fair bit of coverage back in the day - I didn't think I'd ever have it drudged up from the dark recesses of my mind again. Laughing

From what I recall, it looked like a bit of a shite version of a Mercenaries mode from Resi, but I've no idea if that's a fair opinion or not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?   Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing? - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Retro Game You Played? What Retro Game Are You Currently Playing?
Page 26 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26