We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread

Go down 
+18
Zaphod_B
masofdas
Solve My Maze
LikesVideoGames
Treesmurf
fronkhead
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Axis1500
Jimbob
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Crumpy Andy
beemoh
Admin
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptyFri 4 Nov 2016 - 22:15

Yeah, seconding what Mas said - heard there were some rotten issues with the joystick sensitivity in the Virtual Console port for F-Zero X.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptySat 5 Nov 2016 - 1:40

I was going to buy this too but this news has really put me off.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 9:40

Oh boy - that seems really unlikely that Nintendo would mess up their own calibration... that's sad. I was going to get it as well. It's actually the rumble that puts me off more - they won't try and fix that at all.

I did download Castlevania Aria of Sorrow while the spoopy sale was on, thanks to your suggestions. Haven't started playing it yet. I'm also glad I no longer register titles of things as having anything to do with their contents. Aria of Sorrow? That's the sort of game title 16-year-old me would have avoided like the plague - fucking emo wee-a-boo shit!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 9:47

Nothing wrong with a bit of 'weeaboo shit' now and then. Naughty
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 16:53

It's just the way Castlevania named its games for a good while - "musical or artistic term" of "emotion or experience" eg. Lament of Innoence and Harmony of Dissonance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 21:59

That's gutting about F-Zero X by the way. It's the fluidity and responsiveness of the controls that make it so masterful on the Nintendo 64. I felt like that that was lost just a little bit on the GameCube sequel, but to hear that (what should have been) a straight port of an eighteen-year-old game from old to new hardward has been so badly arsed up is just rubbish.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptySun 6 Nov 2016 - 22:05

I came in here to post that. All the N64 Wii U VC games have had problems, but each issue has been amplified by particular games:

Mario 64 suffered the most from the input lag - you could feel the lag between pressing the button and Mario jumping every single time you tapped A.

Lylat Wars suffered from the analogue stick deadzone problem. I gave up on playing it as aiming felt like using a D-Pad, there was no nuance to the controls.

F-Zero seems to suffer from both those issues. You can even see the player struggle in the game's Virtual Console trailer, it looks like they are playing with a D-Pad, not an analogue stick.

Add to that the visual dimming and it's just baffling how Nintendo managed to make virtual console worse on more capable hardware.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptyMon 30 Jan 2017 - 23:21

Right. Right. So. On the WiiU VC, they've just made Bomberman 94 available. This has sent me into a spiral of confusion for a couple of reasons. Firstly, because this is the version NGamer thought we were getting for the Wii on day one, ten years ago (we got '93 instead, which ain't quite as flashy). Also, we're all in a bit of a tiz as to whether to get the new Bomberman on the Switch, as, although it'd be a great way of playing a brilliant multiplayer game, is still mega-expensive. I can't work out whether this is a good or bad idea.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 10:57

Isn't Bomberman about multiplayer and will you get many multiplayer sessions out of '94? Like I said in the SBR thread if a load of us get SBR then I can see myself getting my moneys worth out of the online multiplayer alone.

Last edited by masofdas on Tue 31 Jan 2017 - 17:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 17:42

If it's cheap it might be worth playing but my heart agrees with mas: let's see what the Switch version has to offer first. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptyTue 31 Jan 2017 - 21:07

I'm quite fond of Mega Bomberman, the Mega Drive port of the Bomberman '94 game that you're talking about. It's definitely my favourite Bomberman game to date. I understand the argument for waiting for Super Bomberman R, but truthfully I don't see it offering all that much more than what you can download here. I'd rather pay £6.29 for the same basic game myself. Also, personally, I'd rather be using my Switch on Day One for new gaming experiences...which is why I'm quite pissed off that everything but the Super Bomberman R update is a port from the Wii or Wii U. SHITE.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 22:03

That's Harvest Moon 64 finally coming to the Virtual Console, just in time for everybody to patch their Wii U's and for nobody to download it. Nice one lads.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/nintendo_download_23rd_february_europe

It's never been released in Europe before, and it's one of the very few N64 games released in the English-speaking regions that I've never played. Acht. I want it, but the Virtual Console's future is too uncertain for me to bother.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 22:19

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
That's Harvest Moon 64 finally coming to the Virtual Console, just in time for everybody to patch their Wii U's and for nobody to download it. Nice one lads.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/nintendo_download_23rd_february_europe

It's never been released in Europe before, and it's one of the very few N64 games released in the English-speaking regions that I've never played. Acht. I want it, but the Virtual Console's future is too uncertain for me to bother.

'Sake! I would've gone for this over the SNES one if I'd known. I don't really get what 's going on still, and am too paranoid about losing. The N64 version's supposed to be a bit easier to get on with. Hmph.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptySun 5 Mar 2017 - 8:39

ShopTo are selling download codes for Bomberman 64, which they say is coming out on the Wii U Virtual Console this week.

http://www.shopto.net/video-games/nintendodigital/NDO2382360-wii-u-ddc-vc-n64-bomberman-64

This is years overdue - it's not been rereleased before. Very, very popular in some parts, but I've never got on with it. Still, there's more going on in Bomberman 64 than in Super Bomberman R, definitely.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 EmptyMon 6 Mar 2017 - 18:55

I'm tempted for nostalgia reasons, it was one of the first N64 games I had.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread   GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer All-Singing, All-Dancing, Haven't-I-Seen-You-Before (Possibly Several Times) Wii U Virtual Console Thread
Page 14 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14