We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Go down 
+21
beemoh
Cube
Xelviar
Axis1500
NintenDUCK
masofdas
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Sentinator
Admin
nupkin
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
shanks
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Dusty Knackers
Bandana Waddle Dee
Dusty Knackers

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury Empty
PostSubject: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyFri 24 May 2013 - 15:34

I'm calling it now, the new Mario platformer will be called 'Super Mario Universe'. It makes too much sense. The follow-up to the Galaxy games. A universe is bigger than a galaxy. It's on Wii U. Universe begins with a 'U'. This must happen!

EDIT: Wrong!

Anywho, only a few weeks until we get our first glimpse of this (that's right isn't it?), what do we expect and want? Some kind of fancy Gamepad usage, got anything in mind? Can it top the mighty Galaxy games? Is it being rushed out to boost the Wii U's sales? Can I ask any more questions?

Last edited by Dusty Knackers on Tue 11 Jun 2013 - 16:42; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyFri 24 May 2013 - 15:46

I'll be interested in what they do with this. Wondering if they go down the Galaxy route or once again reinvent 3D Mario (since the Galaxy games and 64/Sunshine were quite different, with the former being pure platforming, all the time).

Just hoping they use Wii U's featureset in great ways. Losing the ability to point at the screen and grab star bits on Super Mario Galaxy feels like losing an arm, I just can't play it like that!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyFri 24 May 2013 - 15:50

I hope not, A) because galaxy has been done and won't be topped as it won't be fresh and B) Because that's a terrible name.
Gamepad functions can piss off other than off tv play.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyFri 24 May 2013 - 15:56

Do you like anything, andyman? You're the GNamer equivalent of Victor Meldrew.

~

Super Mario 3D Land, though great, stuck to it's NES roots a bit too closely for my liking. I want Nintendo to be as creative, inventive and original with Universe as they were with Galaxy. Look forward, not simply push ahead in reverse. Also, please don't have us having to hold down a run button all the time, like in 3D Land, 64 DS and in NSMB.

Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyFri 24 May 2013 - 16:00

Indeed. Considering Nintendo managed to do the impossible and turn the 3D platformer upside down and on its head once again with Galaxy (where else could they have gone after 64/Sunshine? Is what we all thought), hopefully Wii U 3D Mario is another big leap forward.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyFri 24 May 2013 - 16:07

Phillips wrote:
Do you like anything, andyman? You're the GNamer equivalent of Victor Meldrew.

Rhythm games with the volume off. Very Happy

I've heard a rumour (from a mod. on CVG) that the new 3D Mario will by a hybrid of Sunshine and Galaxy styles. That'll be... curious if so. My preferences for general "style" are as follows:
  1. SM64 style: back to basics, sort of, but with open-world levels with many objectives/paths at any one time. Least likely to actually happen, sadly, after the Galaxy games. Sad
  2. Introduce something new, like Sunshine. May be the only way forward without aping the Galaxies, but it's risky. Still, if what aforementioned mod. says is true...
  3. More one-route linear platforming with no gimmicks, like the Galaxies. Yawn. Sadly, this is probably most likely.

More later, including a list of what power-ups I want to see. Hint: they don't include the Fire Flower, or its theme tune.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyFri 24 May 2013 - 16:32

I would like huge, gorgeous, over the top Mario galaxy platforming setting together with much more exploration and a better hub. I actually loved exploring isle delfino.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyFri 24 May 2013 - 16:38

Toad Town hub world, please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyFri 24 May 2013 - 17:57

Oh you guys Sad I'd love to see a return to the more open worlds, I'd also love some pure platformy levels like Sunshine. Maybe a kind of Sunshine with Galaxy's power ups?
Definately no gimmicky controls. I just want to press buttons to jump, shoot and run.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyFri 24 May 2013 - 23:47

So long as I don't have to go right only and jump along the way I'm good no matter what
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptySat 25 May 2013 - 1:23

Gamepad/World idea: The world has an underground element to it, so, the tv is the upper world (as standard) & the gamepad is underground then you will have traverse both to get passed the obsticles to reach the star.

oh oh Sunny then we could have a monty mole power up Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury M_m_super_sluggers
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptySat 25 May 2013 - 8:18

The power of flight needs to come back in a big way. Also, Yoshi, and the ability to keep him between levels (were we spoiled by Super Mario World?). Other than that, I just want the game.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptySat 25 May 2013 - 8:32

The_Jaster wrote:
Gamepad/World idea: The world has an underground element to it, so, the tv is the upper world (as standard) & the gamepad is underground then you will have traverse both to get passed the obsticles to reach the star.

oh oh Sunny then we could have a monty mole power up Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce

That'd be nice! A sort of Four Swords Adventures idea. Oh, and pull yourself out of Dusty's backside. Nah nah!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptySat 25 May 2013 - 11:21

There's a platforming game in Game and Wario where you have a constant top down view on the game pad, which apparently really helps with precision jumping. ONM were speculating that it could be an angle for Mario, especially with all this SM 3DL business of trying to get 2D Mario fans playing the 3D game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptySat 25 May 2013 - 19:20

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

That'd be nice! A sort of Four Swords Adventures idea. Oh, and pull yourself out of Dusty's backside. Nah nah!

Hey! my mentioning of monty mole was purely coincidental, but aye glad you like my idea.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptySun 26 May 2013 - 9:51

It could actually work, as an earth-burrowing power-up, so long as it's not as dull as KEY's mole tank or as linear as SMG2's drill.

Anyway, another list of wants!

• SM64-style levels. Multiple stars to get at any one time. I cannot stress this enough. Reaching the top of Bob-Omb Battlefield, after getting distracted by Red Coins, Chomps and floating islands, is much more memorable than a simple A-to-B romp. Even SMG's best level, Buoy Base, had two routes.
  • Something new for Mario. After the success of the Galaxies, Nintendo can afford to take a risk or two, right? (Possibly not with the Wii U how it is, but I can hope.) The FLUDD was a brave idea, even if it didn't work. Jaster's idea wasn't bad, for starters.
  • Sensible power-up choices. Bring back the Wing Cap or equivalent! Other good ones are anything allowing for fast movement (Ice Flower, Koopa Shell) and the Metal Cap.
  • Yoshi implemented well. SMG2 had a good stab at it, but I'd prefer something more akin to SMW's Yoshi, like ZJ says. At least bring back the multicoloured shells: they were ace.
  • Good hub. Peach's Castle and Isle Delfino were full of secrets, unlockables and curiousities. The Galaxy "hubs" were not. A return to form would be nice.
  • A new antagonist. Keep Bowser if you must; but largely due to his sporting appearances, he's now the Mario universe's least threatening villain. Let's have someone who's less of a joke pulling the strings.
  • Great bosses. A octopus in a truck? A pink lava-spitting monstrosity? Bugaboom AGAIN? No. More along the lines of Bouldergeist and Bonefin would be super thanks. And no bleddy Koopalings/Bowser Jr. ta.
  • Galaxy 1-level soundtrack. Get the people who composed SMG's music back on the team at all costs. (listens to Buoy Base again)
  • Galaxy 2-level postgame. If I had to pick just one reason I voted for SMG2 over SMG in the voting weeks, it'd be the Green Star Hunt. Made the game better, for longer, more effectively than any DLC could have done. More of that sort of thing please.
  • Multiplayer. Absolutely don't sacrifice the single player for this, but come on! SM64DS hinted at possibilities, then took them away. Mario & Luigi co-op? Race for the star? Four-way aerial deathmatch over Bowser's Castle? Or Gamepad player as Bowser, placing enemies to try and scupper four Marios, à la Jaster's (other) idea. It'd be great.

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 26 May 2013 - 12:59; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptySun 26 May 2013 - 11:14

That's a cracking list there Balla though I'm ot sure about losing Bowser. To me he's never bee a very serious bad guy and I don't think Mario needs a serious bad guy. Leave a good story to the RPGs all I want is some awesome 3D platforming.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptySun 26 May 2013 - 12:58

SMG was obviously going for epic on the final battle, what with the music (which is still brilliant, by the way) and the galactic setting. It was a bit anticlimactic when the final boss was just Big Old Bowser again! Keep him in, yes, but make the final boss someone different who lives up to the soundtrack. Giga Bowser's first non-SSB appearance might be another way of accomplishing the same thing.
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptySun 26 May 2013 - 19:50

I will be happy so long as it doesn't have Spring Mario! Sulk

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury Smg-spring-mario
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyMon 27 May 2013 - 18:30

Spring Mario was amazing! Did you have trouble controlling it perhaps? Razz
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 19:15

The_Jaster wrote:
Spring Mario was amazing! Did you have trouble controlling it perhaps? Razz

Yeah, I just couldn't press the "A" button at the right time. I died about 50 times in the Chompworks Galaxy trying to boing-oing-oing over the bloody Chomps!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 19:19

Personally I'm hoping for the return of Fluzzard. In fact, I think the whole game should use tilty Wiimote flying controls. Cheeky

(prepares to sleep on sofa)
Back to top Go down
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 19:26

Balladeer wrote:
Personally I'm hoping for the return of Fluzzard. In fact, I think the whole game should use tilty Wiimote flying controls. Cheeky

(prepares to sleep on sofa)

The sofa is too good for you, and it's occupied by my tigers. The hallway will have to suffice.

In addition to Spring Mario and Fluzzard, I would also like to have any of the wretched rolling ball things exterminated. Mad
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 21:23

nupkin wrote:
In addition to Spring Mario and Fluzzard, I would also like to have any of the wretched rolling ball things exterminated. Mad

Aw, those were great though. The way the music sped up or slowed down depending on how quickly you were travelling - magic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury EmptyThu 30 May 2013 - 10:20

Mario should be steered by tilting the gamepad while players with remotes each have to shake for run, jump and item.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury   Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Page 1 of 18Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 18  Next