We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!

Go down 
+13
Cube
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
beemoh
Crumpy Andy
Admin
shanks
ZeroJones
fronkhead
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 0:00

Spork! Have you bought your/my ticket yet?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 7:42

And what's up with Axis?  (Who doesn't appear to know how PMs work.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 10:46

Would like to come to something but as I'm even more south, and working saturdays it's a pain. I have met xelviar though in manchester as my girlfriend lives in stoke and isn't that far away, so next time i'm up there maybe could then meet in manchester or something for streetpassing.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Jun 2013 - 17:45

So are we all meeting in a place at a time, or are we all just descending on the show and hoping to run into one another?

EDIT: I've also finally noticed that it's in July, not June. Ignore me and my impatience.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyFri 28 Jun 2013 - 19:10

A meeting is definitely in order - perhaps one with code phrases, such as "In New York, April is a winter month", or, "Mr. Tortimer will see you now", stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jun 2013 - 1:01

beemoh wrote:

Just ordered two tickets.

They (well, ticketmaster) had the cheek to charge £1.65 for e-tickets, never seen that before...
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptySat 29 Jun 2013 - 1:04

sporkhead wrote:
beemoh wrote:

Just ordered two tickets.

They (well, ticketmaster) had the cheek to charge £1.65 for e-tickets, never seen that before...

Ta for that.

Third-party ticket firms tend to have a service charge as they're buying tickets from the event organiser at the price set, so they're not getting paid for their part of the service- Eurogamer and MCM tickets tend not to have a booking fee because they handle ticketing themselves.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jun 2013 - 0:32

ZeroJones wrote:
A meeting is definitely in order - perhaps one with code phrases, such as "In New York, April is a winter month", or, "Mr. Tortimer will see you now", stuff like that.
I love the idea of saying that to a random stranger who has no idea what I'm on about.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptySun 30 Jun 2013 - 18:28

Did anyone make it to StreetPass Manc. yesterday?
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyMon 1 Jul 2013 - 7:05

Yes! If only I'd not been an hour and a half late - some members are reporting that they got the '100 Miis in a day' achievement. The first photo on Twitter confirmed that it was heaving and it hadn't died down an awful lot when I turned up. A nice chap donated ten fossils to me and said I could trade any I already had for cash, effectively paying off my mortgage! Hooray and hurrah.

For the interested, the next full meet is on August 24th and will be held in Piccadilly Gardens. You've got to wear something green for the Year of Luigi.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Jul 2013 - 0:56

Very tempted to book the day off work, I have the week after already booked off, would be rude not to have an extra day off right?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Jul 2013 - 1:00

StreetPass Manchester looked amazing, I really wish I were there.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Jul 2013 - 18:15

ZeroJones wrote:
Yes! If only I'd not been an hour and a half late - some members are reporting that they got the '100 Miis in a day' achievement. The first photo on Twitter confirmed that it was heaving and it hadn't died down an awful lot when I turned up. A nice chap donated ten fossils to me and said I could trade any I already had for cash, effectively paying off my mortgage! Hooray and hurrah.

For the interested, the next full meet is on August 24th and will be held in Piccadilly Gardens. You've got to wear something green for the Year of Luigi.

Unless my car eats my wallet again, I should be able to make that! Piccadilly Gardens is where all the buses pull-up, is it not?
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyTue 2 Jul 2013 - 22:44

It is indeed.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 7:49

Yep, just a straight walk from Piccadilly train station's main entrance down into town. Good planning!

As for Hyper Japan, I'm sure we can co-ordinate how we meet using messages and stuff. I'm looking at booking my train ticket for it today, so I'll let y'all know my arrival time into London!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 9:06

Woo! Exuberance!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2013 - 23:54

24th AUGUST OFF WORK REQUEST! I must purchase a Smurf T-Shirt for the occassion, silly that I don't already have one to be honest.

Last edited by treesmurf11 on Wed 3 Jul 2013 - 23:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Haha that Dog has somebody's Ham)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 22:12

ZeroJones wrote:
Yep, just a straight walk from Piccadilly train station's main entrance down into town. Good planning!

Ah, excellent! Hopefully I'll be able to catch youse all there.

Shall I have Stu_the_great emblazoned on a t-shirt? Might make me look like a total knob. Razz
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptySun 7 Jul 2013 - 23:17

That or a picture of Homer with a face full of cake.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptySat 20 Jul 2013 - 10:17

Right! Hyper Japan: who's going and where are we meeting? A nice deal on the trains means I'm getting into London at 8:45 (!), so I could reasonably meet up at any time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 8:43

I too could reasonably meet up whenever.  Everyone knows what I look like, I believe, if I hang around outside Earl's Court in an NES t-shirt.  Warning: my hair's shorter than it was.

Bumping with an EDIT: What are people planning to do about lunch? As far as I remember, HJ doesn't do great lunches for those who don't like sushi.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptySun 21 Jul 2013 - 21:31

Whenever's fine for me, though I'll likely meet you all inside if I don't wake up early.

But I'm up for meeting up before then otherwise, since the queue will be rubbish if we're all separated.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 12:03

There's bound to be something lunch-y we can do near the venue, isn't there? I remember not being enamoured with the food I did have from inside the venue and that was back in my meat-eating days!

Doors are at 9:30, I understand - will everyone going be able to meet at that time? I would suggest meeting up before we go in, as it was quite crowded last time!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Jul 2013 - 12:09

I am happy meeting outside Earl's Court at 0930. I seem to remember that last time, we went out for lunch and came back in afterwards. Could be a plan.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 EmptySun 28 Jul 2013 - 18:14

In case anyone's wondering, I bought the Whimsicott. It was very soft.

Also the small matter of having lost my 3DS, complete with Dream Team, various downloaded software, and about 50h of town development. Does anyone know whether there's anything Nintendo can do if I have my friend code?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!   Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Opportunities to Meet Your Fellow GNamers!
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next