We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steam Summer Sale

Go down 
+9
masofdas
gjones
Jimbob
shanks
beemoh
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
Silver light
JayMoyles
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 8:57

JayMoyles wrote:
How do you get them again, by completing badges? I might complete a few badges.

You get one per completed badge in the lead-up to the sale- you also get them during the sale by voting in the daily sales and by handing Newell your money. Or you can trade for them, obvs.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 14:32

I crafted some badges I nearly had completed and got some freebies. I'm Gaben's slave.  Aww! 
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 17:32

I hope that they're more like last Summer's cards, IE five regular badges and a foil and they don't expire, than they are the Christmas sale ones, which was a cynical way of making people pay money for the cards.

Also it allows me to stockpile them for long-term market abuse.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyFri 13 Jun 2014 - 17:56

beemoh wrote:

Also it allows me to stockpile them for long-term market abuse.

They'll probably expire for that very reason.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 18:03

Looks like it's on. And the cards expire, which is shit.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 21:36

Day one purchases, anyone? Got all the Far Cry games for £10. Not bad!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 22:15

Oh boy - I haven't downloaded some of the games I bought from last year. Here we go again...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Jun 2015 - 12:59

IT'S BAAAAAACK.

Anyone bought anything yet? I picked up Valkyria Chronicles on the cheap.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 10:38

*sigh* why did you have to let me know, Jay? I've just spent £12 on 3 games (CS:GO, Apotheon, Super TimeForce Ultra).
I love the organisation/immediacy of Steam, but I fall for this every year - apart from a weekly MineCraft session (which is mainly an excuse to do something while I catch up with more remote friends) I play a PC game once every couple of weeks. I'm working my way solely through Bioshock at the moment. I started in late March. I've played 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 13:57

I know the feeling - I'm sitting here with literally hundreds of unplayed games, yet Steam keeps getting my money each sale time. How can you NOT buy the Lego Batman trilogy for £7?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 20:10

I didn't buy Dishonored for £2.49.

hnnnnnngh
Bounce
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016 - 20:51

IT BEGINS AGAIN

I'm trying to buy both Lego Harry Potter games for about £6 - except the site demand's high and it keeps getting stuck - now it's stuck MID-PURCHASE. Now's the time to hack my machine, guys.

EDIT: Great. It's bought one of them, even though I purchased both at the same time. Great. Great. And no confir-
EDIT/EDIT: Ah, I think we're OK.

I hope this story was entertaining.
*walks off stage to silence*
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 0:01

I think I'll be going to skip the Steam Sale this year. My laptop is in a slow process of melting, so I'll probably miss this one. Aww!

Any good deals going so far?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptySun 26 Jun 2016 - 11:05

So far I got 2 Lego Harry Potters, Bully and, er... something else*, for less than £10. Pretty much everything's got a big discount; even relatively new stuff.

*Pro: This game was a AAA game, I know that
*Con: I can't remember what it was without opening Steam - hence the problem!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2016 - 12:39

Just got a new laptop and picked up Tomb Raider (the last-gen one) and Plants vs Zombies. Both for £4.80. I don't think the laptop will run current stuff like Witcher 3 or Doom, but I plan to play games that I missed out on (GTA V, Civ V, Life is Strange...maybe even Dark Souls?), for a low low price.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyThu 30 Jun 2016 - 19:31

I'm yet to look as just by looking at thing s likes the big in Japan Sale on PSN especially on the VITA, I would be broke if I bought everything I remotely like the look of which could be even worse on STEAM
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 12:12

masofdas wrote:
I'm yet to look as just by looking at thing s likes the big in Japan Sale on PSN especially on the VITA, I would be broke if I bought everything I remotely like the look of which could be even worse on STEAM

Yeah, just spent another £11 on The Stanley Parable, Jet Set Radio, Typing of the Dead: Overkill, Portal & Portal 2 and Psychonauts.

That's me set for the rest of 2016...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 19:29

The Stanley Parable is ace - a legitimately funny videogame, which is rare.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 22:23

Agreed - and applause to Mr. Jones for Psychonauts.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyThu 22 Dec 2016 - 19:54

The Winter Steam Sale is in full effect!

Here's some choice picks:

Dishonored - £2.63
Pony Island - £1.31
Braid - £1.09
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered - £5.09
Mass Effect - £1.99
Dead Space 2 - £2.49
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - £0.64
Tales of Symphonia - £3.74
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptyFri 23 Dec 2016 - 22:09

Well, there's my entire steam wishlist on sale. Looks like I'll be picking up a fair few games this year, and they're probably all randoms you guys haven't heard of:

LISA - this RPG has been in the bucket list for a while as it comes highly recommended by a few critics I respect. At £1.74 it's in the bag.

Qvadriga - I've been blessed by Motorsports Manager coming out and being really good. I adore management games and racing, and that's what led to me putting this indie game in my wishlist a while back. It's only a bloody chariot racing management game. Didn't want to punt on it at £15, but at under a fiver I'm going to give it a shot. Been waiting a long time for this to come on sale.

Satalite Reign - another big reduction here, from over £20 to under £4. A steam punk tactical rpg. An aesthetic and genre I love so I'll probably give it a punt.

I was going to add Doom to the basket, but it's sale price isn't actually cheaper than on console so I'll just pick it up from the local at some point. I'm also very tempted by Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - a recently released Stealth tactics RPG that's received a lot of praise, but I think I can wait until the price comes down a bit further - and Redout - because I miss F-zero.

Trying to resist the urge to splurge on a load of deals. Going to try and make sure I don't buy more than 5 games. I remember picking up Dead Space 2 aaaages ago and I still haven't played it. Really enjoyed the first one though, well until the end game where all the monsters were massive and the sense of intimacy was spent.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptySat 24 Dec 2016 - 14:37

Muss wrote:
I'm also very tempted by Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - a recently released Stealth tactics RPG that's received a lot of praise, but I think I can wait until the price comes down a bit further

That game looks great, the ps4 version isn't out until next year though.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptySun 25 Dec 2016 - 21:02

I reckon it'll be very polished when it does hit the Playstation though. They've managed to generate a high degree of community praise for releasing something that seems to be bug free and very enjoyable with a tough difficulty. That's no mean feat given the entitled baby nature of the average steamer.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 22:12

Anyone dipped in to this year's sale? Mighty tempted to get Civilization V as I hear great things.Still have unplayed games from last year though!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 EmptySat 1 Jul 2017 - 23:28

Yeah, I bought 4 things on the first day Sad but for £10, mind! This is still silly though, as my PC debt is not money but time; so rarely play games on the PC, and have bought several previous summer sales games again on e.g. the PS4, as that was the only way I'd play them.
Thankfully, as the refund facility has wiped out daily deals, I've not been tempted to look every day. *looks again*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steam Summer Sale
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next