Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Steam Summer Sale

Go down 
+9
masofdas
gjones
Jimbob
shanks
beemoh
Gwyn400
Crumpy Andy
Silver light
JayMoyles
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptySun 2 Jul 2017 - 9:04

I'm in the same boat as Jim, I've not really looked as there will be stuff I want to play my PC can run like Read Only Memories but I'd sooner play it on Switch now knowing it's coming.

However, I may have a gander now though.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 20:56

Goddammit.

Picked up the following for £13:

Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 Header
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 22:49

I hear good things about most of those games... except To The Moon, which I've played. It's a cracking wee game and I hope you enjoy it, along with all the others.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyTue 4 Jul 2017 - 23:41

Aye, those are all good'ns, and probably logical for grown-ups to play. However, I caved in and bought the Sims 3 for £6. I am 34 years old and have no desire to play dolls house mums and dads. However, I did have the original Sims years ago, and one of the interesting aspects for me was of the designing of the house, and how layout etc. affected the lifestyle of a Sim getting ready for work, tidying up, and so on. I'm great fun at parties.

Although I may have just had the best idea ever: recreate Pigeon Street.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 21:35

DoPo-ing as IT IS THAT TIME AGAIN *airhorn*

I'm only buying one game that I'll never play per day. Today: Lego Lord of the Rings. I like the Lord of the Rings films. I like Lego games - in theory. As long as I don't have to do that "Defend the Wall" nonsense like the official grown up Return of the King game.
Back to top Go down
Raxicori
Ejected into the Lava
Raxicori

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Jun 2018 - 9:18

Steam links are also down to €2.75, the kind of price that makes you want to buy a couple of spares.

I dont think Ill be picking up any games though, I havent turned on my PC in a long time, the Switch is taking all of my gaming time and Im still commited to clearing some of my backlog on PC before getting new stuff.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 12:35

Still not played the games from last year's sale! I'll be politely ignoring this sale.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyTue 26 Jun 2018 - 21:12

There's a metric tonne of stuff I want, but I'm in no position to buy anything currently... although if I finish some work before the sale is over...
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 20:54

IT HAPPEN AGAIN
I buy many things
me never install
me dumb
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 23:25

Part of me is glad I don't have a functioning PC or laptop for gaming - my poor bank account recoiled in fear every summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyWed 3 Jul 2019 - 23:42

I've started playing a bit more PC due to Game Pass, sure I can only run likes of Undertale or Football Manager but if I had a decent rig could see me expanding out due to sales.

But hey Xbox has a big one coming up and PSN has one now right?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyTue 9 Jul 2019 - 18:05

I managed to pick up two things right at the buzzer of this sale Laughing

Leaving it until the last minute means I don't overspend.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyTue 7 Jul 2020 - 19:23

So I now have a decent rig and sale on that decided to have a look but damn how you meant to look at 50k games?

Like I know Epic Store is a naughty word, yet when that had a sale on I could see all the games and most of decent quality.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2020 - 10:08

Not really sure what the best way is.

I have a large library already and a large wishlist, so steam's algorithms tend to do a reasonable job of offering me new games. You could try logging into your steam client and asking it to recommend you some games, which you can thumbs up or down to help steam get to know you better.

When everything is on sale it can be hard to find some things I suppose, but usually outside of sales I just look at the new releases and the sales.

The other thing I would say is that the when you search you are not restricted to typing in a series name or the 7 genres they have on the website. You can search using tags like "female protagonist" or "narrative."
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2020 - 10:14

I tend to just look at "Specials" to see what's discounted. Then check the first few pages, but the Wishlist function is the best bet - they will email you when a game on your wishlist is on sale too.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyFri 10 Jul 2020 - 18:28

Guess because I don't often use and STEAM has like 500m games on it that hard to find, that yeah maybe should use "recommend you some games, which you can thumbs up or down to help steam get to know you better" might be the best option.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptySun 3 Jul 2022 - 15:17

Double Post

Has anyone picked anything up from the current sale? I've been looking at a few things as I'm not sure if I should get some things now for when I have my Deck that I can just play Strange Horticulture, Ghostwire: Tokyo, Dragons Dogma etc when it arrives or to wait, yet then it be spending £450 on the deck & let's say £50 ongames along with some sort of dock meaning a decent outlay in one go.

Now that is no different to any other console launch (yes I know this isn't a launch but ya know what I mean) or if we get a now rumoured Switch DLSS where I'd get Bayo 3 alongside it, just unlike those there is already a massive library of games I can pull from and at good prices on steam.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2022 - 10:19

I've just picked up a PC so picked up Wildermyth, Inscryption, Dorfromantik and Balders Gate collection. Most things I wanted were on gamepass though, so it's all good.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2022 - 11:19

Can't imagine you playing Baldurs Gate as old, unless III is the mix.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2022 - 14:07

I'm big on the strategy side of things on PC, so will see how I get on with something a bit more RPGish. Mainly just getting excited for 3 though because Larian innit
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Jul 2022 - 9:39

I also bought things - I think about 8 games for <£20.
I have installed: 0
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 EmptySat 30 Jul 2022 - 11:22

I just picked up the adventure humble bundle for £16.67 for all the games, I mostly wanted for Beyond a Steel Sky but got in total

The Almost Gone
Dreamfall Chapters Final Cut
Draugen
Unavowed
Quern - Undying Thoughts
Beyond a Steel Sky
Alfred Hitchcock - Vertigo
Agatha Christie Hercule Poirot The First Cases

I know Unavowed is meant to be good, really just adds to my STEAM library for when my Deck comes and got a few things right away to play amongst anything I may pick up at the time of arrival
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam Summer Sale   Steam Summer Sale - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steam Summer Sale
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3