Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!

Go down 
+12
beemoh
fronkhead
Athrun888
Dusty Knackers
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Jimbob
The_Jaster
masofdas
Balladeer
Crumpy Andy
NintenDUCK
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 8:07

I've voted - where I felt that I could, o'course. I've played no PS4 or XBONE games yet. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 12:00

andyman949 wrote:
Or maybe it should go to Bloodborne, MH4U and MH4U respectively Razz Splatoon is good but not as good as those 2.

That sentence couldn't make me more torn......
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 12:52

ZeroJones wrote:
I've voted - where I felt that I could, o'course. I've played no PS4 or XBONE games yet. Embarrassed

I see this a bit like classics such as Balla yesing Goldeneye, if you know is good from word of mouth or possibly go for the one you would want to play.

Like RARE Replay for the XBONE.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 14:02

masofdas wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:

I see this a bit like classics such as Balla yesing Goldeneye, if you know is good from word of mouth or possibly go for the one you would want to play.

Like RARE Replay for the XBONE.

It's a fair point but if I've not played it... the word of mouth has hyped a number of the games quite highly and I'd feel unhappy picking one out above the others.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 15:55

Hence the possibly the ones you would want to play.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 18:13

Oh not this bollocks again. I'll vote later, so I have the right to complain about the result.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 19:53

Looked through the things.  Absolutely naff-all I'm interested in.  Nintendo has had a pretty shit twelve months, apart from Splatoon (not played) and SSBU - which came out too late for last year's and too early for this year's, it would seem.

Still, I hope Splatoon wins the multiplayer award.  From what I've heard, it definitely deserves it.  Only "heard", mind you.

EDIT: 10k points!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyWed 2 Sep 2015 - 21:52

Congrats on the milestone Balla, but it seems you have fewer points than posts. newb.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2015 - 18:22

We have the winners, which acne be found here

Looks like I need to play Witcher III also seems GamesMaster is the Nintendo mag.
Ohh and well done for Life is Strange on picking up something.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2015 - 18:46

Splatoon was robbed of the best multiplayer award & the innovation of the year winner is a poor decision as well.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2015 - 21:54

That Nintendo have won two categories - and the lifetime achievement award on top of that - surprises me. That'll do. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyFri 30 Oct 2015 - 22:11

The_Jaster wrote:
the innovation of the year winner is a poor decision as well.

Aye. It was a neat feature, but hardly innovating.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptySat 31 Oct 2015 - 0:03

I messed about with it for about an hour or two then swapped back & first person driving is fun from time to time, what else was in that category?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptySat 31 Oct 2015 - 8:32

A pile of shit. It's no great loss that GTA won that. Think I voted for it just to vote against VR Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptySat 31 Oct 2015 - 10:06

I vote for VR as it's the future of gaming.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptySat 31 Oct 2015 - 14:55

masofdas wrote:
I vote for VR as it's the future of gaming.

Laughing

You do know that has been claimed since the inception of VR, right?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptySat 31 Oct 2015 - 17:13

There ain't no way vr is the future of gaming, for one very simple reason that often gets overlooked by the experts: people do what's most convenient and comfortable.

That means the standard turn on the telly, grab a controller, slap yourself in a nice comfy chair and play method will forever remain the biggest most preferred way to game.

That isn't to say there isn't a place for vr, as a novelty that the occasional game takes full advantage of it will likely very much have a presence in the future. Just not the main method.

The Wii was going to revolutionise how games were played as well, it was a lot more practical about it too, yet its methods are dead as the dodo. For the same reason vr despite all the hype won't get anywhere longterm.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptySat 31 Oct 2015 - 20:57

@Jas maybe it being the innovation of the year is a little hard to justify but still I think it's more so then turning a game from 3rd person to 1st

On VR in general, Muss wrote a GNAMER award contender for best post about VR in random thoughts and he says why I think it's a big deal and that leap Balla has brought up that we've not since 2D to 3D, much better then me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptySat 31 Oct 2015 - 22:02

masofdas wrote:
@Jas maybe it being the innovation of the year is a little hard to justify but still I think it's more so then turning a game from 3rd person to 1st

On VR in general, Muss wrote a GNAMER award contender for best post about VR in random thoughts and he says why I think it's a big deal and that leap Balla has brought up that we've not since 2D to 3D, much better then me.

I know because I was quoted in that post of Muss' & he did make some excellent points but I just agree with Athrun that it'll have it's uses & be really good for certain genres of games (racing, first person etc.) but I just don't see it being THE main way people play games.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptySat 31 Oct 2015 - 23:18

Athrun888 wrote:
There ain't no way vr is the future of gaming, for one very simple reason that often gets overlooked by the experts: people do what's most convenient and comfortable.  

That means the standard turn on the telly, grab a controller, slap yourself in a nice comfy chair and play method will forever remain the biggest most preferred way to game.  

That isn't to say there isn't a place for vr, as a novelty that the occasional game takes full advantage of it will likely very much have a presence in the future.  Just not the main method.  

The Wii was going to revolutionise how games were played as well, it was a lot more practical about it too, yet its methods are dead as the dodo.  For the same reason vr despite all the hype won't get anywhere longterm.  

Totally agree with this. For what it's worth, I really like the look of VR for some games - your horror games and certain FPSes will benefit majorly from VR integration. But I'd still much rather sit down without having to strap a unit to my head to play.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 9:46

Out of all of them PlayStation VR is the one that seems to be the one that is the most comfy and likely the best in that terms for long amount of play compared to the rest of them with straps etc.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 16:40

Also I worry that Sony won't give it the proper support it'd need (PS move anyone?) though especially if they really want it to take off and be next big step in games, if VR was bundled with a console then it'd show how serious they are but it isn't so.......
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptySun 1 Nov 2015 - 16:57

From what I've seen, Sony are right behind VR and can see the VR bundle coming with the console but the issue is price for me not the experience of games.

PlayStation VR has 50 things in the wroks, I say things as some do seem more tech demos then games but did move even get 50 games?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 11:00

This years vote is up from my votes I've basically just voted for Overwatch and Uncharted 4 in most categories due to how good they are but also like in new game and things like Firewatch which I loved doesn't get my vote because Overwatch is just so great.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 11:10

The fact Overcooked isn't in best multiplayer is a disgrace. Otherwise a pretty good spread, voted in all but the youtube based awards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!   The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Golden Joysticks! Democracy at its finest!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next