We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread

Go down 
+5
shanks
ZeroJones
masofdas
The_Jaster
Admin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyWed 11 Sep 2013 - 19:18

I don't know how many NES gamers we have here on GNamer, but anyone who may have a 'broken' NES might want to check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qu2DhvpydI

I thought my NES was broken for eight years until I stumbled upon the above little gem the other day. It's allowed me fire my NES up and (with a wee bit of patience) play all my old games. Even a couple of secondhand ones I've never been able to get working before! I'm almost disturbingly happy to have it up-and-running again.

Last edited by Stu_the_great on Mon 5 Jan 2015 - 18:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyThu 12 Sep 2013 - 13:01

I really wish I had one as its the only Nintendo console I'm missing plus its the system that got me into games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyThu 12 Sep 2013 - 13:45

NES came out before I was born, so never played it in till later in life but some great games on it. Don't own one any more though which is a bit of a shame but the games being easy to download on Wii's VC etc I now don't see that much point of having one apart from collectors stand point.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyThu 12 Sep 2013 - 16:11

My brother has the family NES and a (replacement) SNES up and running in the front room of my parents' house. I never get chance to play on it, which is a shame, as we have some great games for it that aren't on the Virtual Console (Solar Jetman and Snake, Rattle'n'Roll spring to mind immediately). The NES was a great machine, still home to my favourite ever game.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyThu 12 Sep 2013 - 23:43

Yes, I'd happily argue that it's worth owning one to pick up all the games that will never make it to the Virtual Console. Even if it's just to sample Capcom's output.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 1:12

Yep the VC will never have all of the true classics. (mostly due licence issues etc)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 9:47

But the games your on about more likely the ones worth a few bob like a darkwing duck that's £30 all day long.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 13:15

I'd only pay that for a game I really wanted & if it wasn't available anywhere else, also I'm sure you've paid high amounts for some of your dreamcast games.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 13:45

Me pay high price for a dreamcast game never cough* £60 for Evolution 2*cough
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 19:01

masofdas wrote:
But the games your on about more likely the ones worth a few bob like a darkwing duck that's £30 all day long.
I bought Darkwing Duck this week: £16. It looks/plays as good as new, and the manual's in great shape (don't care about boxes for NES games, they shove the price up unnecessarily).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyFri 13 Sep 2013 - 19:05

If your not worried about condition with NES games then there like half the price like you said with darkwing, same with my evolution 2 I said about a mint one sells for £90, I saved £30 because it's missing a manual.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptySun 15 Sep 2013 - 20:33

An unboxed copy of Mega Man 2 can be bought for roughly £25. If you want a box (and if you're extremely lucky: an instruction manual), you're looking at least double the price. The thing I love about NES carts is you can usually get hold of the black cart sleeves and store them on their sides on your shelf, game labels facing out.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyMon 16 Sep 2013 - 5:12

Loved those little sleeves Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 18:32

My NES has been getting some real love recently. I've actually managed to make some progress on Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles this week, as some know (I can now consistently beat the heinous dam level... and die spectacularly in Area 3 instead. Ruddy kidnapped Splinter). I still can't stay awake long enough to beat Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers in single player, either.

DuckTales 2 (which has curiously skyrocketed in price on eBay over the last six months) got trumped 100% a while back, too. Absolutely top game, one of the best on the system. Miles fairer than the original, in my opinion.

Then on Friday I sent off for Batman: The Video Game and Gremlins 2: The New Batch, two infamously good Sunsoft games. Particularly looking forward to the latter, as I don't currently own an isometric NES adventure that isn't a bit meh (might be being a bit unfair on Robo Warrior here, but what I've played of it is a NES masterclass in unfair random item placement and silly time limits). Good times. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 21:47

This is why I like Stu, he uses threads like this.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 21:49

Yes considering he was the one who made it..
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 22:09

Okay he makes threads like this and else where he says he's going to talk more retro, I love retro more 16 Bit SEGA retro but still.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyMon 5 Jan 2015 - 23:50

I wish more people used the retro section of the forum. It got a decent amount of love on NGamer Forum, and people made lots of great retrospective threads on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 0:02

I would use it but I feel I would be talking to myself and I'm more of a retro collector & I can use yesterday I bought thread to let you know. If I've bought some great retro games and we have the odd chat about them.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 0:34

Trouble is for me I can only go back as far as the Cube days as never had a NES/SNES and my 64 died last year
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 0:43

Yeah I remember you seemed to be late into gaming considering your age, what happened to the N64 as there almost indestructible.

Also you don't need one to talk about games on it and memories of it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:24

It's never too late. I didn't get my first NES until the mid 2000s, yet over the last year or so (since I bought a reconditioned NES console with a brand new 72-pin connector), I've slowly come to appreciate the game design mentality of the era once again.

I'll never beat the vast majority of the NES games I own, but that won't stop me from trying.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 12:17

My 64 just won't turn on, thinking its a power thing but not sure
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 14:02

I wonder if its the actual unit or simply the power cable...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 14:04

Likely the power cable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread   The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Nintendo Entertainment System Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next