We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc

Go down 
+15
ThorOfAsgard
Jimbob
flora-chan
Treesmurf
Athrun888
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
Cube
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 18:20

Finished the first volume of the new All New, All Different Avengers run which I found at the local library.  I'll admit my reasoning for checking it out was super flimsy, guess Marvel's decision to put Ms. Marvel front and center on the group shot paid off!  

And oh did it pay off, this series is going straight on the pull list.  The first volume, in a nutshell?  Fun.  Distilled fun.  Lots of quip-y goodness, the whole group was a likeable bunch, and the action was great.  One volume in and I already like the lot of them.  As an opening volume to a new era of Avengers (until Marvel continues the status quo that there is no status quo anyway) it did its job and has me hooked.  Will absolutely be purchasing a volume for myself, and nabbing the upcoming volume 2 in the very near future. Anyone that wants a fun comicbook that also lets them jump on? This right here will do the job!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 18:30

I just looked up the ANADA. That looks like a fun line-up, to be fair.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 20:02

I've been meaning to ask - does anyone know a good starting point for getting into The Flash, specifically the Barry Allen incarnation of the character? I'm well into the TV series and am keen to delve into the comics featuring him. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 20:37

Unfortunately, I've hardly read any Flash at all Sad
DC are pretty regular at rebooting compared to Marvel, so just find an issue 1 I'd say.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2016 - 9:54

Luke Cage now done and dusted, It's good but is the weakest of the Netflix Marvel series.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 19:22

Just finished watching Luke Cage. I really liked it, across the board. More to follow - I'm too excited about Switch to talk about much else just now.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptySat 22 Oct 2016 - 10:05

You guys are well ahead of me in Marvel Netflix terms: I've just finished watching the third episode of Daredevil S1. So, it's dark. Not just mildly or politely, like The Fall or Happy Valley, or even the Dark Knight trilogy

DIGRESSION ALERT: Daredevil is Marvel's Batman. Discuss.

, no. This is black, bleak; like drowning in tarmac dark. I ruddy love it.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptySat 22 Oct 2016 - 11:08

That Logan trailer that dropped a few days back was somethin' else.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 10:56

Cautiously optimistic on that one: if the Wolverine solo films continue their upward swing in quality, then Logan could be the best film ever made (the jump from the diabolical Origins to the middling The Wolverine still being massive Winky Face ).

For my part, I just saw the first eps of The Flash S3 and Supergirl S2. Both solid if unspectacular starts. More interested to see how The Flash progresses than his Kryptonian friend at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 11:31

Surely Iron Man is Marvel's Batman.

Are you only watching those 2 Zero, I couldn't imagine just watching some of the Arrowverse shows.

Going to see Dr. Strange tonight, looking forward to that!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyTue 25 Oct 2016 - 15:10

I'm going to watch Dr Strange as well tonight.

As I've NOW TV back, I can watch some of the DC TV shows but none of the heroes really do anything for me, the only one I may watch is Supergirl at a push.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 8:30

So, Doctor Strange was bloody amazing! Think it might well be my favourite Marvel film!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 16:33

Gonna ask if anyone wants to see it at the weekend and if not I'll go on my own on Tuesday. I haven't missed a Marvel at the cinema yet!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyWed 26 Oct 2016 - 17:48

If you get the chance see it in 3D, best use of it since Up!

I missed most of Phase 1 in the cinema after writing off Superhero movies as probably rubbish, definitely wouldn't dare miss one now, heck not seeing it on release day seems pretty mad!
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 Oct 2016 - 10:27

I can second seeing Doc strange in 3D it was awesome.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 Oct 2016 - 16:06

I enjoyed it more then I thought for a hero I don't know much about but is a standard origin film.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyThu 27 Oct 2016 - 16:55

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Surely Iron Man is Marvel's Batman.

Are you only watching those 2 Zero, I couldn't imagine just watching some of the Arrowverse shows.

Going to see Dr. Strange tonight, looking forward to that!

1) In terms of civilian alter egos, I would agree with you. However, in the way they operate as heroes... there are some scenes in the last couple of Daredevil eps that I've watched where he's beating information out of thugs and shouting at them in a husky voice. The parallels are clear to me.

2) Yup, no Arrow for me. It feels like I wouldn't get on with him. That conclusion is only based on the snippets I've seen of him being in The Flash, though.

3) Just got out of Doctor Strange. Pretty good, really freaky in places ('Marvel's Inception' went through my mind during one particular sequence), but as mas said, a pretty obvious origin story. Not that that counts against it, for me - that's what it should have been! Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 20:02

Seen your Doctor Strange then.

Really, really good. Probably the best standalone Marvel film. I really liked Civil War, but that relied on having watched pretty much all of the earlier ones. Here, it required no prior knowledge, had likeable characters on actual arcs, and showed us something really different. This was magic- real, magical magic. It was just a thrill ride to sit in the cinema and be pulled on this otherworldly journey. I loved it! Fantastic Beasts has strong competition in the films-where-the-actor-who-played-a-real-life-scientist-in-2014-oscar-bait-now-plays-a-wizard category.

Speaking of which, this was the first time in a long time I went to the cinema and all the advertised films were ones I plan to go and see: Fantastic Beasts, Logan and Wonder Woman.

Last point on Doctor Strange: the film left me with a real craving to sit and drink a nice fancy tea. Then, I left the cinema and people were dishing out free samples of Pukka! Then I got home and I had a parcel from mum- a lovely organic teas advent calendar.

Watch the "yesterday I drank" thread.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 21:06

Enjoyed it myself too, but not quite as much. Matthew Castle tweeted that he thought that the origin story format hurt it a bit, and I'd agree with that. Your point about arcs is a good one - my favourite part of the whole thing is that origin stories normally cement the hero in his/her role very well, and I don't think Dr. Strange is the finished article just yet. The humour was as surprising as it was welcome. Good work all round.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 21:14

I was tired of origin stories with the original Iron Man. That said, if we're going to get origin stories, this here was the best. It was just a bit more interesting than most of them; the mystic arts and the journey from surgeon who thought he knew everything to expanded mind was a fresh change of pace.

The point you make about his character not yet being cemented is promising for whenever we get a Doctor Stranger.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 22:35

If there isn't a Doctor Strange II, given the end credits stinger, I'll eat my wizard's hat. I know Ben Cumberbatch is a busy chappy but they have to make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyWed 9 Nov 2016 - 22:40

Ben will have undoubtedly signed at least a three-film deal, as is standard practice for this sort of thing. This will probably include Doctor Strange, Infinity War and 2 Doctor 2 Strange, with his hinted appearance in
Spoiler:
likely a small enough cameo not to count.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016 - 8:43

I'd be surprised if we didn't at least get a trilogy, Strange has a pretty cool role & I reckon the next phase is going to lean more heavily on the Mystical side with one of his villains being the big bad.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016 - 10:20

If they lean into the mystical stuff, there's a lot of other characters they can start sneaking into the series. Your Moon Knight and your Ghost Rider and that.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 EmptyThu 10 Nov 2016 - 10:32

Probably not them though! Ghost Rider is in SHIELD and isn't Moon Knight set for Netflix?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 13 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc
Page 13 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next