We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc

Go down 
+15
ThorOfAsgard
Jimbob
flora-chan
Treesmurf
Athrun888
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
Cube
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc Empty
PostSubject: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 11:29

With the Agents of the Shield starting and some talk of it on what you watching TV including things that might related to the comics. So like the Attack of Titan and Breaking Bad topics, let's try to put in here.

So the 1st episode was good, pleased to see Cobie Smulders in it not sure how much of her we will see though. And great to see Joss have another TV show which looks like it's going to be a success.

Anyone see DC are planning to there own show based in Gotham based in the Nolan universe around a young Gordan.

Last edited by masofdas on Wed 19 Feb 2014 - 13:14; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 12:37

Yeah I've heard about "Gotham", also heard that there might be an Arrow spinoff with the Flash
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 13:33

I can see folk getting tired of super hero stuff soon if that's the case, oh also you misspelled shield.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 14:35

SIERRA HOTEL ECHO INDIA LIMA DELTA... SHE-...shit.

I was chuffed to see Cobie Smulders in there too. Interested to see where the Coulson storyline goes this series - a clone perhaps? Also, for a moment I thought that the superhero chap had legitimately been shot in the head, which would have been a dark but interesting place to take things.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 15:20

Oh yeah forgot to say anyone else notice that the super hero chap also played Gun in Angel? (Joss Whedon really does like working with the same actors)
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 15:50

He did look familiar to me but I couldn't place it
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 16:04

I didn't realise that was Gun, he's aged a fair bit Laughing
I'd not heard about Gotham before but I had heard about Flash as that's meant to be one of the lead ups to the Justice League isn't it?
I've just started watching Arrow and it's great!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 16:36

Arrow will be cancelled soon Summer Glau is now in it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:46

I hadn't heard about Gotham, but it should be great. It'll be really depressing though! The whole thing in Begins was that Gotham was really corrupt and horrible and basically terrible until Bats turned up.

The_Jaster wrote:
I can see folk getting tired of super hero stuff soon if that's the case,
I've got a terrible feeling that day is coming soon. As a geeky kid who grew up reading comic books and being a weirdo, when Avengers and Dark Knight and so on are the biggest things ever it feels too good to be true and the bubble feels like its gonna burst.

JayMoyles wrote:
Also, for a moment I thought that the superhero chap had legitimately been shot in the head, which would have been a dark but interesting place to take things.
I believed that as well. I thought "wow, strong stuff." That's something I could definitely see happening in a Marvel comic, but the films and shows aren't there yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:51

Buskalilly wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
I can see folk getting tired of super hero stuff soon if that's the case,
I've got a terrible feeling that day is coming soon. As a geeky kid who grew up reading comic books and being a weirdo, when Avengers and Dark Knight and so on are the biggest things ever it feels too good to be true and the bubble feels like its gonna burst.

JayMoyles wrote:
Also, for a moment I thought that the superhero chap had legitimately been shot in the head, which would have been a dark but interesting place to take things.
I believed that as well. I thought "wow, strong stuff." That's something I could definitely see happening in a Marvel comic, but the films and shows aren't there yet.
I'm pretty sure that the next wave leading up to Avengers 2 is going to cause the bubble to burst. Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man will cause the average movie-goer to go "not another fucking superhero film..."

Yeah, I wish they'd gone for it though, as TV would be a far less risky place to go for a more adult Marvel product than in cinemas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 20:59

JayMoyles wrote:
Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man will cause the average movie-goer to go "not another fucking superhero film..."
Yeah, definitely. Personally I can't wait for those two but there's no doubt they'll be tough sells.
Much as I love these comicbook films, I think it will be for the best when they die off. Every film at the moment is a remake or a reboot or a sequel or a prequel and they all look the same. We need more Inceptions and District 9s. And I don't mean Inception 2 and District 10...
Quote :
Yeah, I wish they'd gone for it though, as TV would be a far less risky place to go for a more adult Marvel product than in cinemas.
It could have been really something, but I guess they're going for the Saturday night family fun Doctor Who thing.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 21:25

JayMoyles wrote:
I'm pretty sure that the next wave leading up to Avengers 2 is going to cause the bubble to burst. Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man will cause the average movie-goer to go "not another fucking superhero film..."
Ant-Man is after Avengers 2. And Guardians of the Galaxy looks very different - it's a space opera like Star Wars, which is why I'm looking forward to it much more than the other films.

The first episode of SHIELD was great, and it was nice seeing Ron Glass in it. The design of the cargo bay/lab reminded me a bit of Serenity.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 21:44

Cube wrote:

The first episode of SHIELD was great, and it was nice seeing Ron Glass in it. The design of the cargo bay/lab reminded me a bit of Serenity.
Or also known as the best Sci Fi show ever.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptySun 29 Sep 2013 - 21:54

Well, that episode was very silly. I think I'll watch another couple and see how it pans out.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 0:53

andyman949 wrote:
I didn't realise that was Gun, he's aged a fair bit Laughing
to be fair he doesn't look 40.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 1:55

Yeah, the show was OK. Probably going to tune in again* next week.

I'm sure I've seen the lady-scientist in something else before, but I didn't quite catch the character name so I can't IMDB.

*watch on 4oD
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 2:49

Yeah Guardians of the galaxy will be brilliant, Antman on the other hand to me depends on which version they do of him.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 10:20

beemoh wrote:

I'm sure I've seen the lady-scientist in something else before, but I didn't quite catch the character name so I can't IMDB.

*watch on 4oD
Do you mean Elizabeth Henstridge who plays Simmons in shield,  looking what shes been in the best known thing is Hollyoaks. Looking at the main cast only Ming-Na Wen and Clark Gregg seem of done anything of note before this.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 17:21

You know, I quite enjoyed this? Thoroughly silly and cheesy, the vibe was like Buffy The Vampire Slayer, which I really enjoyed back in the day. I'm glad there're vague ties into the whole Marvel universe that there is now but I totally agree that the bubble is soon to burst, just through saturation more than anything else.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptyMon 30 Sep 2013 - 23:31

masofdas wrote:
beemoh wrote:

*watch on 4oD
Do you mean Elizabeth Henstridge who plays Simmons in shield,  looking what shes been in the best known thing is Hollyoaks.
Eek. Must have seen her in an advert, then.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 14:25

So the second ep of Shield was ok, but the bit at the end was brilliant
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptyWed 2 Oct 2013 - 23:28

Easy now it airs Friday in the UK.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 1:04

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc Tumblr_leypx9pI531qfz1emo1_500
shanks wrote:
So the second ep of Shield was ok, but the bit at the end was brilliant
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 3:20

Didn't say what or why now did I?
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc EmptyThu 3 Oct 2013 - 3:26

shanks wrote:
Didn't say what or why now did I?
DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc StatlerandWaldorf%282%29

"The bit at the end was brilliant!"
"Why?"
"Because that meant it was over!"
"Ohohohohoho!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc Empty

Back to top Go down

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc
Page 1 of 25Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next