We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc

Go down 
+15
ThorOfAsgard
Jimbob
flora-chan
Treesmurf
Athrun888
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
Cube
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyWed 2 May 2018 - 13:11

Up there in my top flicks tier

Guardians of the Galaxy

Really bloody good tier
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Black Panther

The not bad but yeah whatever tier
Ant-Man
Thor 1 & 2
Cap 1 (whatever it was called)

The, it's probably in the above tier but I fell asleep during the superhero falling out bits on the two occasions I tried watching this whilst on a transatlantic flight, tier
The Avengers

The, I didn't rate it tier
Avengers: Age of Ultron

The Iron Man, I've seen bits of these films rather than the whole thing and without this tier my list feels small, tier
Iron Man 1, 2, but not 3.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 0:26

It's interesting that the more recent Marvel movies are ranking so highly. They've really nailed it over the last few years in my book.

I'll put up my list tomorrow after I see IW one more time. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 12:30

Just got back from IW a few hours ago (as in the movie finished a few hours ago and I just got home).  I'd say it was a necessary movie in the context of the MCU.

Spoilers.  Like, all the spoilers:

Generally speaking the movie was superb.  Despite how much (godly) action there was there were plenty of good character moments and unintrusive humour, Thanos was probably the best villain they're written with a believable motivation (that doesn't cannibalise his ruthlessness) and fantastic screen presence, the action was easily some of the best in any superhero movie with some jaw dropping special effects and choreography, and somehow despite having 20+ superheroes they managed to keep everything feeling perfectly paced and everyone got perfect amounts of screentime.

It's going to be a long twelve months.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 12:36

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 19:23

Spoiler:

Been a few other places now that I'm out of spoiler isolation and one thing's kind of left me puzzled.

Major spoilers for the Titan stuff:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyThu 3 May 2018 - 23:05

Re: Titan stuff:

After seeing IW again, I'll rank the MCU movies now! It'll get a bit muddier lower down the list, but I'm pretty sure about my top spot. I don't think I've actually seen all of Ant-Man, so I'm not ranking that. Otherwise...

Thor Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War
Captain America: Civil War
Spider-Man Homecoming
Black Panther
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Avengers Assemble
Iron Man
Guardian of the Galaxy: Volume 2
Dr. Strange
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Thor
Iron Man 3
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Thor 2: The Dark World
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyFri 4 May 2018 - 0:20

Titan:

Athrun888 wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyWed 9 May 2018 - 15:11

Ah, right, that all makes sense. I really need to give the movie a second watch, might catch some new stuff and even if I don't it's just worth an extra viewing at the cinema for the sheer spectacle of it all.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyMon 14 May 2018 - 17:48

Finished The Flash Season 3

This one is a strange one, because I both kind of hated but loved the season.  The things I love even merged with the things I didn't, like Savitar.  Ultimately I feel its problems stem from poor pacing.  We bowled through Flashpoint in one episode, and while I havent read the comics even I know Flashpoint is kind of a big deal, and they could have easily spent half a season on it (and frankly should have done just that).  

So we bowled through that in a single episode.  Then the show bowls through Alchemy in the next seven or so.  So we spend damn near most of the 22 episode season with Savitar.  And don't get me wrong, Savitar was a good villain, but he wasn't nearly compelling enough to carry 16 episodes, especially when most of them didn't actually have him involved but rather focused on his impending doom.  

The other big problem with the season is Barry.  Barry is at his best when he's allowed to be cheerful, goofy, and optimistic.  So making him mope for most of those 16 episodes like his mentor/hero Oliver Queen was not the best choice of direction for the character this season.  As the Savitar storyline came to a close it would have been appropriate (for reasons you'll know if you've seen the season).  But sixteen episodes of various shades of depressed Barry?  Nah, didn't work.

As a joke in late season one said, Team Flash are supposed to be the cheerful ones.  Leave the season-long brooding to Oliver in future and only bring it into Flash when appropriate for an arc (like Zoom's reveal and the aftermath).  

That said I loved the concepts of season 3.  
All the spoilers:

And now to twiddle my thumbs until season 4 comes out on DVD and bluray.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyFri 18 May 2018 - 16:05

Watched Batman Ninja, I saw some reviews which it got some high praise indeed but I remember Drunka saying these sort of films don't work out often. I'd put it in between those two statements personally.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptySun 20 May 2018 - 10:19

I saw Deadpool 2 last night, it's basically the same as the first and seeing a comedian telling the same jokes. That I'm not sure it's something someone needs to go see in the cinema.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptySun 20 May 2018 - 13:30

I wholeheartedly disagree with that. Using your comedian analogy, I'd much rather see a comedy set in a crowd than perched on my sofa watching it on-demand. You'll get so much more from laughing alongside people, and that applies to watching a comedy in a crowded cinema too.

I loved Deadpool 2. The action and stakes are on a bigger level compared to its predecessor, but what you'll be coming into it for are the jokes. They're belters - I was genuinely belly-laughing at several points in this film. I think after the incredibly high-stakes, emotional rollercoaster that was IW, it was great to watch something that subverted so many of the superhero tropes along with poking fun at the genre as a whole. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptySun 20 May 2018 - 13:35

I guess but it is like seeing the comedian this year and then next year them telling the same jokes on the tour.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptySun 20 May 2018 - 13:38

Hm, I honestly don't think the jokes were as samey as you're making it out to be. Scenes like...

Deadpool 2 spoilers:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptySun 20 May 2018 - 13:42

Well, I just didn't find it funny as it felt the same to me and likely the worst film I've seen this year in the Cinema.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptySun 20 May 2018 - 13:52

Didn't you see Ready Player One? Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptySun 20 May 2018 - 13:58

I forgot I saw that, yeah that's worse.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptySun 20 May 2018 - 23:19

I enjoyed the original Deadpool - still haven't seen Avengers 3 or Thor: Ragnarock though, both much higher on my list of Marvel films to see.

I can only really stomach the Deadpool character in small doses - he's great as a guest , but I've little interest in reading a regular Deadpool comic.

A film probably wouldn't be too much for me to handle right now though, especially since it's been a good while since the original. Can't be any worse than Anchorman 2 though.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyWed 23 May 2018 - 15:17

I think what works with movie Deadpool compared to comic Deadpool is that the memetastic zaniness is toned down and he's injected with heart and character in its place. It results in more moments like this over "chimichangas, rainbows and unicorns" Deadpool.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyThu 31 May 2018 - 11:27

Watched Gotham by Gaslight last night and I thought it was okay but really though I'd like to see more in that setting and time period.

And would like to have seen this even more now.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyWed 20 Jun 2018 - 9:31

I went and saw Deadpool 2 yesterday. It's an absolute banger! It has loads of X-Men stuff in it, and handles it all really well. Even without the comedy, this would actually be up there with one of the better films in the X Universe. Well worth a watch.

As for Deadpool on the whole, the problem is just that he's a comedy character who all too often is handed to comicbook writers who've never actually proven themselves as comedians in any way. Just because you can give Spidey some amusing quips between action scenes doesn't mean you can fill 22 pages with laughs every month.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyThu 21 Jun 2018 - 12:13

The Lady and I ploughed through the Captain America trilogy, Thor Ragnarok, and Homecoming recently. Ragnarok may be one of my favourite Marvel films, while I didn't like Homecoming as much as the rest of you.

They were all good though. I think that, after the disappointment that was The Hulk, Marvel's mastered the art of the genuinely good superhero film.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptyFri 20 Jul 2018 - 22:49

Has anyone caught the trailer for DC's new Teen Titans TV show? Fuck me, it looks bad. I thought that with the DCCU losing some of its grit and edginess that we might see that bleed into their other projects, but this looks like something that'd be shown as a parody in Deadpool or something.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptySun 22 Jul 2018 - 17:35

Ha, double post but it's funny that I'm going to go from ripping DC a new one for Titans to praising them for Shazam. I'm not too familiar with the character, but the tone of that trailer and the overall premise seems like it's going to lend itself to a great movie. Props to DC! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 EmptySun 22 Jul 2018 - 17:39

I kinda like the look of Aquaman but none of them looked good, Shazam looks like it's from 2003 Superhero films.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc
Page 20 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25  Next