We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc

Go down 
+15
ThorOfAsgard
Jimbob
flora-chan
Treesmurf
Athrun888
ZeroJones
beemoh
Balladeer
Cube
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyThu 21 Mar 2019 - 17:49

JayMoyles wrote:
Nah, I think she's there to be established as the face of the next wave of Avengers with most of the OGs likely bowing out after Endgame. I think it'll still focus heavily on Cap, Tony, Bruce and Thor.

I think Jay hits the nail on the head with this post here. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyThu 21 Mar 2019 - 23:42

Yep, and I'd say holding off on deciding whether Carol is a "deus-ex machina" or not till after Endgame is also a wise move.

On another exciting note, that's the Fox/Disney merger official. Scary notes about Disney owning everything aside, it'll be cool to see the inevitable reboots of the Fantastic Four and X-Men universes. The MCU is pretty much complete now outside of some legal issues around Spidey still lingering.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2019 - 7:51

I went to see Captain Marvel the other night, and I didn't know what was going on. It was all right watching it, but all I remember from it is the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2019 - 12:43

Why didn't I go see Spiderverse at the cinema!!???!? Watched it for the first time and I think 2018 had the best superhero movie of all time. And it wasn't IW. I would be here literally all night saying everything that was great about Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse, so I'm just going to say this movie was the real deal and leave it at that. The perfect combination of vision, heart, comedy, and action. If you like Spider-man and haven't seen this yet then do yourself a favour and get it watched pronto.

I never thought I'd be sitting here and saying that Sony made the best Spider-man movie around, but dang if they didn't pull it off. See cooperate Hollywood? If you let talented people do what they need to do you get good movies, so do it more often!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2019 - 13:51

Athrun888 wrote:
Why didn't I go see Spiderverse at the cinema!!???!?  Watched it for the first time and I think 2018 had the best superhero movie of all time.  And it wasn't IW.  I would be here literally all night saying everything that was great about Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse, so I'm just going to say this movie was the real deal and leave it at that.  The perfect combination of vision, heart, comedy, and action.  If you like Spider-man and haven't seen this yet then do yourself a favour and get it watched pronto.  

I never thought I'd be sitting here and saying that Sony made the best Spider-man movie around, but dang if they didn't pull it off.  See cooperate Hollywood?  If you let talented people do what they need to do you get good movies, so do it more often!  

Doesn't come out till the 22nd in 4K but I will get watched pronto when it does.

Anyone else going to see Shazam?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyTue 2 Apr 2019 - 21:00

I've seen adverts for that, is that actually based on any comic-book superhero? The billboard ads make it look like a terrible American comedy to me.

So many good things about Spiderverse... Jay loved it too, if I recall correctly. Might have to acquire a digital disc that is also versatile...

Oh, and I went to see Captain Marvel. She good, I had fun. In my top five or so Marvel films I think.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyWed 3 Apr 2019 - 10:14

Yeah Shazam that's been around for like 8 decades, he was Captain Marvel at one point but that was confusing as he's a DC character.

DVD is that even watchable now?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 0:43

Balladeer wrote:

So many good things about Spiderverse...  Jay loved it too, if I recall correctly.

You recall correctly indeed! Gorgeously animated and a very fun and heartwarming story. Treat yourself to a Bluray with that one - standard definition won't do the movie justice.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 18:29

Sold! Probably.

masofdas wrote:
DVD is that even watchable now?

This may shock you Mas, but recently, The Lady bought a new DVD player. Afraid

It was portable so that we could watch stuff on trains, true. I keep forgetting that I have a Blu-Ray player...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyThu 4 Apr 2019 - 19:31

Crazy I'd find it similar to your experience with FFIX going back to DVD.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptySat 6 Apr 2019 - 21:09

Balladeer wrote:

It was portable so that we could watch stuff on trains, true.  I keep forgetting that I have a Blu-Ray player...

I mean, you'll probably get more use out of it as a Bluray player than its intended purpose... Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptySat 6 Apr 2019 - 21:17

Saw Shazam it's okay, wouldn't crack Top 10 of MCU but easily 3rd best DCU film.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptySat 6 Apr 2019 - 21:27

Soon to be 4th, I'd imagine, considering that cracking Joker trailer. What did everybody else think about it?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyTue 9 Apr 2019 - 13:28

So I rewatched Spiderverse today with someone.  And yep, this movie is just fantastic.  Caught a ton of details I missed the first time because the visuals are just that packed with details, and it was just as enjoyable to watch as it was the first time (which says a lot, normally I'd be a little bored rewatching something a week after a first viewing, but not here).

You know, I think this might be the best comicbook movie we've ever gotten.  Now I shoud explain what I mean by that.  In some respects movies like Infinity War would be considered a little better.  But the thing is that the MCU is very much a series of comic book adaptations.  They take the comics and adapt them to cinema, they do a damn good job, but the end product are movies that feel like movies inspired by comics.  

Spiderverse on the other hand feels like an honest to god comic book movie.  It feels like an actual comic book in movie form.  Not just in the visuals, which will be the closest we ever get to a movie looking like an animated comicbook.  But in terms of the story, the tone of the movie itself, and the characterisation.  They're all vintage comicbook at its very best.  

Don't get any of that wrong, it's a damn good movie.  But if I were to show someone a movie that would explain to them why I like comics Spiderverse would be the one I pick.  Not an MCU film.

Also last year might be the best year to be a Spiderman fan.  The PS4 game was the definitive Peter Parker story we've always wanted, and Spiderverse is the Spiderman story we never knew we wanted until we got it.  Both adapt different aspects of the Spiderman mythos, and both cut to the very soul of the character.  As a longtime fan of Spiderman these two productions are the first time I've been able to sit back and say "yes, THIS is my Spiderman"

As for the Joker, can't comment, haven't seen it.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2019 - 17:09

Athrun888 wrote:
Why didn't I go see Spiderverse at the cinema!!???!?  Watched it for the first time and I think 2018 had the best superhero movie of all time.  And it wasn't IW.  

He's not wrong. I finally got to see this and it was phenomenal!
If you'd told me a couple of years ago that Spider-Man would be folded into the MCU, and that at the same time Sony would put out an unexpected animated feature, I would not have believed which one I'd end up liking more. It was just perfect!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptySat 20 Apr 2019 - 18:16

I watched Ant-man and the wasp last night and I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one, the action scenes were fun but the pacing was all over the place due to having no real focused bad guy. The post credits scene did get me really excited though.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptySun 21 Apr 2019 - 1:26

Yeah Ant Man and the Wasp was fun but it was entirely skippable and felt the most episodic of all the marvel stuff yet.

I kind of liked that there was no real bad baddy though.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 8:12

I finally watched Spider-Verse last night and got to say it's very good

The game:

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2019 - 20:05

I have it on the Blue Rays now, so I'll be opening that spoiler soon enough!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2019 - 23:53

It's a Spider-Man on PS4 spoiler, FYI.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptySun 28 Apr 2019 - 11:54

I saw your Avengers Endgame last night, then. I liked it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 11:10

I've also seen Endgame and it is a banger

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 15:56

I have also seen End Game
Spoiley Woileys:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyMon 29 Apr 2019 - 19:35

I also saw Endgame!

Spoiler:

Drunkalilly wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 EmptyTue 30 Apr 2019 - 4:31

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc   DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC, MARVEL, Dark Horse Comics / Graphic Novels, TV Shows, Movies etc
Page 22 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next