We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Videogames Punishment Thread

Go down 
+9
Treesmurf
Jimbob
Admin
Balladeer
beemoh
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Cube
ZeroJones
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The Videogames Punishment Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 13:07

Drop here for massive damage!

Over the years I've managed to get some of my gaming stuff quite mangled. There was the copy of Link's Awakening that the family dog chewed on (still worked!) and, more recently, I dropped the GamePad on the floor of the lounge while we had the carpet up for replacing. There are two nice scuff marks on one side now. Aww!

Have you had similar incidents?
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 13:57

I went to university. My N64 was left at home. It ended up with the reset button stuck down, half the games missing, no expansion/jumper pak and no controllers.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 20:26

Rage related - broke a 360 controller playing Street Fighter IV. Dropped my 360 once as well and now the disc tray has to be opened manually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 20:36

I spilt beer down the back of my PS2 about a decade ago, and since then it only works when it's propped at a 30° angle.

Dropped my original 3DS, and it was never quite the same since. It switches itself off randomly...though don't tell the GAME I traded it in to...!

I sat on my copy of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, broke the box and pierced the cover, some twenty minutes after getting it with my brand-new GameCube.

Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyFri 6 Dec 2013 - 22:51

*Dropped my GBC, minor scuff on the black bit around the screen
*Sneezed on my Sonic cartridge, label damage

Other than that, not much.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 1:11

beemoh wrote:
Sneezed on my Sonic cartridge, label damage
Laughing 

This needs expanding on.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 2:06

JayMoyles wrote:
beemoh wrote:
Laughing 

This needs expanding on.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 2:21

Ah, I'd envisaged something far more spectacular. Oh well!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 9:46

My handhelds have always got the worst of my clumsiness. Apart from the inevitable drops (less sticky ones than Beemoh's), my DSi's top half came off through wear and tear. For a long time, only the wires held the two halves together.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 11:12

Balladeer wrote:
My handhelds have always got the worst of my clumsiness.  Apart from the inevitable drops (less sticky ones than Beemoh's), my DSi's top half came off through wear and tear.  For a long time, only the wires held the two halves together.
How did it manage to get to that stage? Shocked 

Let's see... I spilled a huge glass of milk on my favourite GameCube controller. Not having a tri-wing screwdriver (which I believe is required), I've never got round to cleaning it up, so now every button takes an age to pop back out and the analogue stick moves like it's encased in treacle. I'd love to get it up and running again, but I seem to have hundreds of GameCube controllers.

And I bit my Competition Pro SNES controller trying to get the Cheese Bridge secret exit in Super Mario World back in the day. You can still see the teeth marks. At least it wasn't the official controller.

I'm sure there are other examples, but those are the top two. Does dropping my old Sony VAIO down the stairs count? It fell with such speed that it smashed straight through the hall window (It still works like a charm, though).
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 11:56

Hmm - I've been quite lucky, although the top half of my NES' casing is at a different angle to the bottom half. Although earlier this week for an office Games Night, I had to try and clean up my N64. Most games only work with a piece of cardboard wedged in either the front or back. I can't see any Wikipedia entries showing Back Cardboard or Front Cardboard games; this would be most helpful!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 12:03

Stu_the_great wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
My handhelds have always got the worst of my clumsiness.  Apart from the inevitable drops (less sticky ones than Beemoh's), my DSi's top half came off through wear and tear.  For a long time, only the wires held the two halves together.
I don't know! It just came apart at the hinge. I don't think I'm the only one to have had a hinge problem, though.

I've found that Nintendo consoles can usually stand up to my bad treatment of them. They're pretty hardy. Although I'm not sure that they'd survive going through a window!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptySat 7 Dec 2013 - 14:52

Balladeer wrote:
Stu_the_great wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
I don't know!  It just came apart at the hinge.  I don't think I'm the only one to have had a hinge problem, though.
You're not! I had my first DS Lite's hinges come off whilst on holiday. Luckily, I was in the US so I managed to pick up a lovely red and black one for pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 1:04

Well there's the infamous DS down the toilet fiasco as well as numerous raging controller throws and I've also managed to drop my Wii U (the actual console that is) 3 times.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 10:31

Jolly Smurf wrote:
Well there's the infamous DS down the toilet fiasco as well as numerous raging controller throws and I've also managed to drop my Wii U (the actual console that is) 3 times.

WOO I'M NOT ALONE!

I dropped my Game Boy down the toilet as a kid during a Pokémon Gold session. For some reason I remember it being while I was trying to catch an Entei.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 10:38

Jolly Smurf wrote:
...and I've also managed to drop my Wii U (the actual console that is) 3 times.

How? Confused Confused 
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 11:37

My GameCube was in the boot of a car that got rear-ended. It looked fine, but kept crashing so I got it replaced.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyWed 11 Dec 2013 - 17:35

What car did you end up getting to replace it?

Nah nah! 
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 2:00

I dropped my Dreamcast down a flight of stairs by accident once.....boy did it tumble & roll for what seemed like an eternity but alas it still works to this day. Smile
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 8:40

My various incarnations of DS always seemed to get dropped and smashed at the hinges. I dropped my DS at a restaurant and sent it to Nintendo. Ended up paying about 40 quid. Then I swapped that DS for a life and that slowly cracked open but they fixed that for free because I didn't do anything. Then my DSi had a shoulder button that just up and died on me. I've been lucky so far with my 3DS and my XL.

I bit the analogue stick off my GameCube controller playing Mario Sunshine. Man, that was a hard game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 10:34

Buskalilly wrote:
I bit the analogue stick off my GameCube controller playing Mario Sunshine. Man, that was a hard game.

Laughing  Laughing 

I've never been so angry that I felt to consume parts of my controller.

As a side note, I was searching for a "Nintendo rage" GIF, but instead I found this...

Confusion, thy name is Reggie:

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 10:58

Buska wrote:
Then I swapped that DS for a life and that slowly cracked open but they fixed that for free because I didn't do anything.

Nintendo sure can fix anything. Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyThu 12 Dec 2013 - 23:37

My life slowly cracking open sounds like I'm writing about something pretty dark...

I love the N64 Reggie!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 1:35

Balladeer wrote:
Jolly Smurf wrote:
...and I've also managed to drop my Wii U (the actual console that is) 3 times.

How? Confused Confused 
Once I had it in my bag walking home from my brother's and my girlfriend at the time saw fit to pinch me which made me move my arm out of the bag strap (I think it's safe to assume why things ended). The second time I knocked it over whilst sweeping the floor and the 3rd time was a dog/power lead related incident.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread EmptyFri 13 Dec 2013 - 7:23

Shocked If you were my secret Santa (which you may or may not be), I'd be worried about any present I sent you being destroyed within days!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Videogames Punishment Thread   The Videogames Punishment Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Videogames Punishment Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next