Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)

Go down 
+23
shanks
Sentinator
Gwyn400
Vidofnir
The Christ
Axis1500
NonShinyGoose
Rum
Zaphod_B
Jimbob
Rattlecat
ZeroJones
fronkhead
oldschool
Treesmurf
Balladeer
beemoh
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Athrun888
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 10:29

From a fan-service point of view, absolutely (especially with all the ladies (OH COME ON that "joke" was there to be made)).

From a gameplay point of view, I'm really torn. Every time I hear something positive about how it plays, I hear something negative to balance it out. CVG loved it when they played it, and that coming from two cynics about the series; on the other hand, Nintendo Life are less complementary. Yes we should expect button-bashing from a Warriors game, but I had hoped that the Zelda influence would make it clever button-bashing.

I've also heard reports that the game has a case of the judders. I couldn't give a monkey's whether it runs at 60fps, but inconsistent framery can snap me right out of game. I'd rather a smooth 30 than a juddery 60.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 10:32

Drunkalilly wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Heard early reports of the framerate being iffy, but  I imagine any issues like that will be mostly ironed out come release.
You haven't played Dynasty Warriors before have you?

What Drunka said,
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 10:34

I've played Zelda games before. I know the production values I expect. (That said, WWHD was a bit juddery too in the sailing.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 10:38

I think this will be a very good warriors game due to Anouma's influence but I wouldn't expect more than that.

I'm going in thinking this warriors but I get to play as Zelda instead of generic busty asian girl in dull environments.
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyThu 10 Jul 2014 - 15:32

The Imprisoned is one of the most annoying bosses I faced in Zelda. I hope he isn't as difficult here as he is in SS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 9:38

Sentinator wrote:
Japanese website got a makeover. Zant is in the game. He just isn't playable  Hissy fit 

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda/character.html

Website has been updated again, now looks like there will be 8 villains in total and could be more then the 9 as shown on the select screen characters to play as. The page could fit 12 characters, but seeing as there making up new ones I think it will just be the 9 also skyward sword zelda looks out of place.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 7:51

Hmmmm....couldn't you play as the villians on other warriors games? If so why wouldn't they do it for this?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 10:24

All we've seen is a screenshots / gameplay which shows the character select screen with 9 slots.

Also do you think they would make it, that we could play as demise it's unlikely. Maybe once you finish the game you can do a challenge mode or something as the more human villains.
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 12:06

Wouldn't they have said the villains were playable when they confirmed them though. Why would they hold that news off?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 16:12

Fair enough, I've not really been following this too closely so I didn't know what villains were confirmed was just wondering about the possibility of it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jul 2014 - 11:15

Fi in action
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 6:31

Apparently they decided it needs an excuse for why characters who never met are running around together.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/14/hyrule-warriors-worlds-fusing-together-says-fis-character-profile/
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Jul 2014 - 9:39

Wind Waker
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jul 2014 - 17:41

People are saying the clue this week is the word Goro. Only one Goron I know says that word. Link.

http://zeldawiki.org/Link_(Goron)

That means Skull Kid may be an enemy as well.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Jul 2014 - 18:27

Sentinator wrote:
People are saying the clue this week is the word Goro. Only one Goron I know says that word. Link.

http://zeldawiki.org/Link_(Goron)

That means Skull Kid may be an enemy as well.

Or it's the bloke with the four arms from Mortal Kombat.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 12:07

Male playable character sighted! Also Ruto and Sheik. OoT gets its place in the limelight.
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 12:28

So there are at least 10. I'm now thinking there are 12. 11 seems too weird a number.

Ganondorf and Tingle maybe?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyTue 22 Jul 2014 - 14:48

The character page could fit 12 in on the site, so that now seems a likely number.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 16:12

I know they finally added a male character and all but that harem joke is seeming all the more appropriate with the inclusion of ruto of all people...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:35

masofdas wrote:
Wind Waker

Absolutely bonkers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 17:40

There's a LIVE stream off this game tomorrow at 1pm UK time on here.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 20:30

Holding out for Groose and Saria over here but every new announcement makes them less and less likely. Drama queen
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 21:00

My hope is on Kafei.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Jul 2014 - 11:06

OoT-themed screens, and what appears to be different Zeldas or Zelda outfits.  Ruto's attacks look lurvely.

Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 630x
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Jul 2014 - 13:22

The skyward sword and twilight princess zeldas are costume preorder bonuses in Japan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)   Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hyrule Warriors (The Minish Cap Trick On Switch)
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next