Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Kriken
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Pineapple
flora-chan
Slazo
Axis1500
Sentinator
NintenDUCK
Sylveon
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
shanks
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015 - 12:33

Light never gets better, but the show is actually a lot lighter ( Cool ) in tone than that one episode normally.  That was a particularly hard episode to swallow, even for me, in fact I sometimes skip it when I rewatch the series.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptySat 26 Dec 2015 - 19:18

Yeah, but however much lighter it gets, it's still got a tosspot who does that merrily as the main character, not dying for an entire series.

Matthew Castle
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptySun 17 Apr 2016 - 13:09

Watch Noragami

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 Uiwqrg10

Why should I watch Noragami Athrun?
Because it's awesome.

Seriously though, it really is.  The story centres around "hobo" stray god Yato, self-proclaimed "delivery god" who will do anything you ask for a five yen coin.
With plans to build a shrine and become the most worshipped god in Japan.
He doesn't undertake this alone however, he has two companions.
Yukine, his Regalia/Shinki.  A young teenage boy spirit Yato found and made his parter/weapon, the bare blade Sekki, with whom he slays "Phantoms", or Ayakashi.  
Yukine soon learns the troubles that face being a spirit, living in a world you are completely unseen and unheard in.
Hiyori, a girl who can somehow see and remember her encounters with gods and spirits better than normal people after having her soul knocked out of her body by a truck slamming in to her.  She hangs around with Yato because of the promise to fix her he made.  

Animated by Bones, best known for their two adaptations of Fullmetal Alchemist and Soul Eater.  The setting itself is a refreshing mix of fantasy and modern day Japan, a world where gods exist unseen by normal people, yet also protected from the perils they never even see.
Those perils being Phantoms, manifestations of human negative human emotions.

This blend of supernatural action and character drama allows for a oft-surprisingly human story to take place, with Bones bringing their forte of expressive comedy faces and well animated fight sequences out to round out the package.  

Help make Yato's dream a reality, join the worshippers of Yato today!

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 Tumblr10

Seriously though, this series is SO slept on and doesn't get any of the love it deserves. If you like your anime to have cool slick action, outragous and loveable characters, and cool character arcs then this is a must watch. Easily the best action series I've seen in years, and yes, I'm including series like the much raved about Attack on Titan with that statement!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 13 Jul 2016 - 13:46

Danganronpa 3 has started!!

Anybody who's either played the two Danganronpa games or watched a LP of them, GET ON THIS SHOW NOW! It's the only place you'll get the conclusion to the overarcing storyline of the series!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 19:17

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 59847-pokemon-gold-version-game-boy-color-screenshot-sorry-to-keep

Yes I'm watching this. It's good stuff, but as I said elsewhere, either this is getting a bit predictable, or my name's Nostradamus.

I'm also watching Ace Attorney. Despite the remarkably similar subject matter (murders), very tonally different.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 20:18

Haven't seen episode 4 yet since Animelab hasn't updated for today yet, I'm guessing the "twist" is

Spoiler:

Still the games were pretty light on big twists until the end, and the first case in both were fairly predictable so I'm holding out till we get closer to the end.  

You making sure to watch the Danganronpa 2 prequel, aka Side Despair, swapping between the two series every episode as well?  

Speaking of the Side Despair that's been pretty gut punching last episode.

SUPER SPOILERS FOR THE DANGANRONPA 2 GAME AND EPISODE 3 OF SIDE DESPAIR:

Honestly I'm enjoying the prequel more than the main series right now, although it's very clear that the two shows are going to tie in to events happening in each one at some point in a big way.

The boxing guy is easily the worst character.  Hoping he dies fairly soon.  An absolute tosser in both series.  

Been watching Tales of Zestiria as well. So far it's really good.  Like, legit really good.  I was mostly watching that out of curiosity to compare it to the game and see some of Ufotable's absolutely stunning animation, but instead it's looking like a really top notch fantasy series in its own right instead.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 20:33

I mean yep, that was pretty obvious, but it went a bit further than that and I predicted where it went too. 'Cause I'm just that good. Very Happy I'm presuming it's not as simple as it seems though.

I don't even thinking of the boxing guy as a character, he's just a tool (like Peko wanted to be but wasn't), so my least favourite actual "characters" remain the cloying couple. Although Anime-tor needs to do something fast before I get sick of him.

Also (early death spoilers):

And yup I'm watching 'em both. Holy crap Gundam with actual scary animals. Shocked I agree that it's all been pretty good stuff that series, with the exception of the BLOODY FANSERVICE SCENE. Fercryingoutloud.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 1 Aug 2016 - 23:27

Balladeer wrote:

I'm also watching Ace Attorney.  Despite the remarkably similar subject matter (murders), very tonally different.

Argh, I keep forgetting this is a thing! I watched the first episode way back when - I need to jump back on board.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 Aug 2016 - 17:57

Ah, good that they got that reveal over with!

Spoilers!:

Nice to see boxer douche taken down a few pegs. Cool episode, light on the twists if only because that end reveal was kind of obvious. Nice to see some of the other characters get a little bit of fleshing out, I hope to see more of that in Side Despair.

Side Despair possible spoiler speculation:

Just a random thought that occurred to me that probably should've occurred to me a lot sooner.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 5 Aug 2016 - 1:18

NAGITO KOMAEDA EPISODE DOES NOT DISAPPOINT! As expected of the best character in the franchise!

And so the show continues its journey to its destination, which feels as unidentifiable as ever yet somehow inexorably inevitable at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 5 Aug 2016 - 7:06

Fuckin' Komaeda. Meh
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 5 Aug 2016 - 21:33

It'd be hilarious if

speculation spoilers:

Either way Nagito remains best character!

Speaking of Nagito, been replaying Danganronpa 2 and I have to say I'm noticing how nuts the guy is from the word go. Initially he just seems way too laid back, but knowing his true colours a lot of the stuff he's been saying makes me go "wow there chill a bit!"

Side Despair spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 8 Aug 2016 - 19:05

Gosh darn it anime, stop making yer deadboys so obvious.

Hope Side Vague Possible Spoilers I Guess:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 16 Aug 2016 - 13:26

DoPo, but the Hope arc has just reached what I presume must be its halfway point, and S**T'S GOING DOWN SON! Shocked

Do not open unless entirely caught up with DR3 to Hope Arc Episode 6:

Also the AA anime has reached the circus case. It's slightly less obnoxious than in the games, apart from Galactica who is beyond saving.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 17 Aug 2016 - 15:32

Feels.  Feels overload.  Predictability doesn't make it hurt any less!  

Future Side Episode 5 spoilers:

Balladeer wrote:
Gosh darn it anime, stop making yer deadboys so obvious.

Hope Side Vague Possible Spoilers I Guess:

Spoiler:

Ooh boy, beginning of the end is right!

Despair episode 5 spoilers:

OH BOY!  Those last five minutes, my hype is reaching critical levels!

Future Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 18 Aug 2016 - 19:04

New Despair episode out, a lot of inevitable stuff and one really unexpected one that has some repercussions for Side Future.  OP got changed up slightly too.  

Actual Despair 6 spoilers, you've been warned:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2016 - 16:30

Either that:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyFri 19 Aug 2016 - 18:51

Can't say I think :

Argh the wait for the next future episode is painful! So many questions that I want answered!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 23 Aug 2016 - 22:27

Well Ep. 7 of Hope arc was a massive waste of time with shoddy pacing. First time I've really been disappointed by a DR3 episode. Shame that.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Aug 2016 - 14:53

Isn't it supposed to be Despair Girls-centric?  Might just postpone it while I play the game.  Which is a moderately disturbing blast I might add, the gameplay isn't great but the chemistry between Fukawa and Komaru is fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyThu 25 Aug 2016 - 19:46

Yup. It's also mince.

And then... then the next episode. Where... well. Make sure you have a strong constitution before watching it, okay?

I was going to rant about...:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon 29 Aug 2016 - 10:18

~Blood, blood, glorious blood~

Future & Despair EP 7 spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2016 - 11:53

I read Umuzaki the other day, the whole big fat volume in one sitting.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzuusss.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2016 - 19:39

Oh. Oh yeah. I've seen some frames on the Internet, and that's more than enough for me. Cripes. Aww!

Back to DR3:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 EmptyWed 31 Aug 2016 - 6:59

The thing about the last Despair episode was

DesEp7SP:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread
Page 6 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 28  Next