We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Kriken
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Pineapple
flora-chan
Slazo
Axis1500
Sentinator
NintenDUCK
Sylveon
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
shanks
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 5 Dec 2014 - 1:04

Yeah I'm also watching SAO2 and keeping up with Fairy tail and one Piece mostly, have started watching World Trigger as well just to see what it'll be like
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 5 Dec 2014 - 14:52

Well, just marathoned the Bullet of Bullets part of the ggo arc and figured I might as well post my thoughts after yesterday's post, man that was awesome.  Sinon replaces Asuna as my favourite character by a mile, I really enjoyed her overall development.... continued in spoiler tag

Spoiler thoughts:

Now I might sit back and wait a few more weeks for the series to finish so I can marathon the next arc. Episode 14 ended on a really satisfying stopping point and conclusion.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 6 Jan 2015 - 10:50

So, it's been a few months, what's everyone watching right now anime wise?  Or reading manga wise?  

I myself just wrapped up the second major arc of Sword Art Online II, and I'll admit that, yes, I legit teared up in the final episode.  Really rare for a show to pull that off, but sword art online actually managed it.  Thinking about it it was quiet possibly the fact that, despite the potential for melodrama galore, they actually downplayed what was going on, as a result it just hit the feels button so much harder.  

I also finished Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works season 1.  This one was seriously awesome, just, well, awesome okay?  The fight sequences are possibly the best I've seen in anime in terms of animation quality (think the Wrath fights in Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood, nor imagine the entire series in that quality), everything is fluid, highly detailed, fast paced, and extremely exciting.  The best bit is it hasn't neglected to have a cast of characters that you like and therefore give a crap about, which was one of my main issues with its prequel Fate/Zero.  In Zero almost the entire cast was made up of horrible and often evil people doing horrible evil things and it just made it very hard to get truly involved and root for anybody.  Not a problem with ubw with Rin and Shiroe.  

Finally, I'll be watching Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn soon now that it's completely finished.  And with that I'll leave this hoping I'm not the sole surviving anime watched right now.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 20:07

I have to be really in the mood to watch anime in sub because a lot of reading in to it but at lest it's mostly close towards the anime in Japanese than they do with the dub. I personally prefer the dub as I don't have to worry about missing any words at the bottom also English is way to go within the mouth speaking. I would recommend fullmetal alchemist brotherhood and eureka seven as they're very good anime!

I've been watching amnesia in dub at the moment so far so good but need to finish this to see what the result for it

plot: This story takes place in a fictional town, in a fictional country, in a fictional world. One morning, a young lady awakens to find that she has lost all her memories prior to that morning. Her life, her relationships, her very name—all gone. All that's left is a cell phone with numbers and names she doesn't recognize and Orion, a young boy that only she appears to be able to see. With Orion's guidance, she struggles to make sense of herself, a boyfriend she doesn't know and the thousand and one little things that make up a daily life. But with no memories left, the only alternative is to forge new ones, even if that means leaving old loves behind

I've been reading milkyway hitchhiking, I am on the volume 2 now finally~! it's a colourful manga and would recommend it as it's different than normally black and white manga we see all the time, makes a change of being in the story.

volume 1 plot: There are as many people on Earth as there are stars in the sky. Milkyway–a peculiar cat with a pattern of the Milky Way splashed across her back–travels across time and space; sometimes to observe, other times to interact with an unfolding story. From Sirial, the creator of One Fine Day, comes the full-color tale of Milkyway hitchhiking across the bright stars of people’s lives, loves, tears, and laughter.

volume 2 plot: There are as many people on Earth as there are stars in the sky. From the unique marriage traditions of a faraway tribe, to the unusual relationship between a fox and a chick, to the tale of a complicated royal succession, Milkyway continues to mark her place across the bright stars of people’s lives, loves, tears, and laughter.
Back to top Go down
Pineapple
Magikarp
Pineapple

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 20:14

Kept saying I'd watch lot of new series over the summer but haven't yet whoops. The last series I watched was Usagi Drop which was very sweet, and before that it was probably AOT, which was... not so sweet.
Back to top Go down
flora-chan
Wii U Port
flora-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 17 Jul 2015 - 20:56

Is manga considered to be nerdy? Suspect
lots of Japanese people read manga in there daily life on the train, lunch break or at home so I don't know.

It's nerdy if your not Japanese but it isn't if your Japanese, pretty harsh I think personally.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 18 Jul 2015 - 9:56

It is harsh, but it's very much a culture thing. As reading graphic novels becomes more acceptable in the West - and didn't TIME put The Watchmen in their Top 100 Books of the 20th century? - then reading manga will too. Thumbs Up! It'll never be totally accepted by all, because there isn't much that is accepted by all!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptySat 18 Jul 2015 - 11:06

Nerdy isn't a bad thing, I know some on here don't like Big Bang Theory but that and the MCU have really helped being a nerd more acceptable, just from talking to like the owner of Krackers ( a local comic book store) and how his customer have changed thanks to more mainstream acceptingness.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 20:19

I've just started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Seems pretty good so far, and I like the art style. Anyone else seen it/watching it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 20:23

There's a Dreamcast game, which I don't own. I know that much.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 20:29

Yeah, I heard of the series through the videogames first. It's on Crunchyroll if you're interested!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 20:34

I'm afraid I only know as much about JJBA as anyone else:

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 Tumblr_inline_n4rb0zma5j1r0j6cl

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 9714f97fd3bb292b90462948306e2792

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 132191733_4d142958d3_o

...I probably know enough. No
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 8 Oct 2015 - 20:39

I've not ran into the cherry guy, but I've definitely come across "It was me, Dio!" before. Laughing

Dio's a fantastic bastard. Such a dickhead, but a really compelling character to watch. At least, that's the impression I got from the first few episodes.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 11:39

ONE PUNCH MAN, WATCH IT, WATCH IT NOW!

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 KnFGAYC

Like, seriously, this series is easily the best show since Attack on Titan, maybe even better!  Great action satire series, it's one of those series that constantly pulls out sequences that make you go "this is why I watch anime".  Between having me on the floor laughing and having jaw on the floor with exquisite exciting action sequences this is a series I can only give my absolute highest recomendations.

If you're after a short extremely fun blast, One Punch Man has you covered.  Available now for free on Daisuki too, so no excuses for not checking this one out!  Cool
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 12:37

I've been watching that and it's brilliant
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 13:52

Tamoor was bigging OPM up on Chat Very Good. Will try to give it a watch some time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Nov 2015 - 21:39

I'll check it out Athrun, looks interesting! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed 25 Nov 2015 - 11:40

Good to see folks are interested, show. Is. Awesome. Hope you both enjoy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 3 Dec 2015 - 23:19

Caught the first few episodes of this. It. Is. Awesome. Get it watched!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Dec 2015 - 17:05

I may be getting this game for review, anyone know any of the characters, I kinda know Super Sonico because of Jessica Nigri but no one else, is it a good mix yay or nay to the anime fans. Also another fighter on PS4 coming next year.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 18:44

Watched all of deathnote last week and it has pretty much ruined all other aime for me. An outrageously good show.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 23:24

That's how I've always felt since watching Death Note, everything else just feels so crap. I did also enjoy Code Geass (though that would've been better without the boring fights), but otherwise I struggle to get into anything.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Dec 2015 - 23:44

Muss wrote:
Watched all of deathnote last week and it has pretty much ruined all other anime for me. An outrageously  good show.

I thought the same, but I've been enjoying the hell out of One Punch Man and JoJo's when I get chance to watch an episode of them.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015 - 12:11

Can't say I felt like anime was ruined by Death Note myself. There's just so much variety in the medium that I don't even really compare it with much else. Is it really fair for me to compare it with, say, Space Operas like the amazingly produced Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn? Not really, apples and oranges.

That said as much as I love Death Note I don't really view it as the pinnacle of anime either. The main problem I have with Death Note is the last arc really dragged it down a lot.  The pacing was all over the place and the main antagonist (can't really call anyone trying to bring Light down a villain after all) was genuinely horrible and the increased rushing of the series made some of the big plot twists feel almost nonsensical.

Having said that if one likes Death Note and thinks there's nothing left try watching Fate Zero. Actually I'd rec Fate Zero to anybody that likes Game of Thrones too, it's fairly similar in terms of the conflict being between various "gray" characters with a lot of politics and scheming, and it's very dark and bleak.  Also has some of the hands down best animated fights in anime the few times fights actually occur. Yes, even better animated than One Punch Man, although not as absolutely demented.

Also try watching Psycho-Pass Series 1 (avoid the second series, it's neither needed nor very good). Seriously engrossing crime thriller that one. I would go in to details, but, well, that series isn't really one I can do any justice in writing. Really thought provoking at times, once it gets going about seven episodes in it doesn't stop for the rest of its 22 episode run.

Recently watched Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods. Fun movie that one, as someone who always preferred the tone of the original Dragon Ball over its more serious sequel Z I was absolutely delighted to see the tone much more in line with Dragon Balls, a lot of fun and a great reunion affair. Beerus was a fantastic addition to the franchise as well, threatening yet extremely likeable, again like a villain out of Dragon Ball.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Dec 2015 - 12:16

Guess who didn't like Death Note? This chap! I hit episode 7, the one where "Raito"
Spoiler:
and decided I didn't want to watch another 40 or so episodes of that berk being a berk. It was just too melancholy for me.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread
Page 5 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 28  Next