We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Kriken
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Pineapple
flora-chan
Slazo
Axis1500
Sentinator
NintenDUCK
Sylveon
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
shanks
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 28 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2024 - 16:04

Fair's fair, that's not huge amounts. Although Dragonball on its own might be longer than anything I've seen start to finish.

Frieren and the mimic. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 28 EmptyThu 29 Feb 2024 - 9:31

I haven't watched all of it, though, I mostly read the manga. And I read the whole thing start to finish in like three days because a hostel I was staying at in Kyoto, while I was bouncing between places to stay and ostensibly searching for a job, happened to have the full set in English.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 28 EmptySat 9 Mar 2024 - 12:44

Speaking of Dragon Ball, I was really sad to hear that Akira Toriyama has passed away. His impact on the world of manga and anime - hell, on pop culture in general - is undeniable and he'll be sorely missed.

I saw this advert for Dragon Ball Z Kakarot and found myself getting a bit emotional watching it. Dragon Ball was a big part of my childhood and early teens and I still enjoy watching clips from it today.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 28 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024 - 2:09

I live in Japan and I'm with a Mexican, so Toriyama's passing has been everywhere. Its been touching seeing the tributes and messages from such a range of folks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 28 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024 - 20:42

I've kept quiet about Toriyama, but that's just because I don't have much to say.  I didn't watch Dragon Ball or Z at a formative age unlike many, and I've never really got into Dragon Quest.  I think we can all agree that 68 is no age, but it wouldn't surprise me if mangaka didn't live as long on average sadly.

As well as being gutted about this season of Frieren drawing to a close, I've been getting thoroughly into The Apothecary Diaries.  A girl in not!Tang Dynasty China gets pressed into service to the emperor's court of concubines, but said girl is:
- utterly unfazed
- a poison junkie and sake fiend
- completely immune to the charms of the "head eunuch"
- just great fun.
If the premise is uninspiring, the execution is just top-notch.  Maomao is easily among my all-time favourite anime main characters.  (Frieren might have a shot for that as well actually.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 28 EmptySat 23 Mar 2024 - 10:34

Never played Chrono Trigger, Balla? He was responsible for the designs in that.

I found myself going through a big collection of Toriyama's vehicle designs recently - I adore how he draws machines, they look amazing.

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 28 FmsGjSoXEAErrFH

I've heard good things about The Apothecary Diaries. If there's not much coming out in the next season of anime, I might give that a go.

I recently had Solo Levelling playing in the background as I was working this past week as it was getting a good bit of buzz around it. Besides some flashy animation, I don't really see the appeal. It's your usual edgy power fantasy "I have a unique skill which makes me the strongest" show with those tired "it's real life, but also a GAME" elements that were tired 12 years ago after Sword Art Online. Don't bother!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 28 EmptySat 23 Mar 2024 - 10:44

I did play Chrono Trigger yes, but the lads and lasses spend most of their time as SNES sprites. I don't think of it as a huge Toriyama showcase. (Also - whisper it - I didn't like CT that much. Shifty I did kind of ruin it for myself though.) That's a nice little flying car though. I think I prefer Toriyama's machines to his people.

I was eyeing up Solo Levelling, so I'm glad to have this assessment. If you don't like an edgy show that means it must be bad. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread
Page 28 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28