We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread

Go down 
+20
JayMoyles
Kriken
The_Jaster
Gwyn400
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Pineapple
flora-chan
Slazo
Axis1500
Sentinator
NintenDUCK
Sylveon
masofdas
beemoh
fronkhead
shanks
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 12 Sep 2016 - 20:04

AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 Tumblr_nc4mt66Mvl1qbvovho1_500

If there's anything in this entire bloody (pardon the pun) anime that's going to make me despair it's that FUCKING CLIFFHANGER AAAAAAAAA

I'm sorry, I can't carry through with your idea, I need all the Future Arc up in my eyes ASAP. Would appreciate a list of 'trigger warnings' before the next Despair one but OH MY GOD you TEASE

And **** that character you mentioned, or rather the ones responsible. With a giant spiky cactus.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 9:19

So who do you think is the real killer now Balla?  Any theories on the mastermind now?

Spoiler:

Been watching Madoka Magica the last few nights too.  Since, you know,

sorta spoilers I guess maybe?:

One forgets how fun a good deconstruction can be.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 9:51

No new ones, I agree with you on the killer... God knows about the mastermind, we'll see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 19:56

Heard some interesting tidbits that might mean something about the killer, and that we might either be completely right or completely wrong.  I suggest checking out the Danganronpa Killer-Killer manga before next weeks episode if at all possible.  I know I'll be binging on it tomorrow, that's for sure.  If it does indeed come in to play, well, lets just say the tidbits I've heard about it are quiet game-changing.  

Finished Madoka a while back too.  Good series, good series.  Its reputation wasn't overstated, for once.  Also has the cutest magic cat ever!  Kyubey for the win!  Totes make a contract with him today, you won't regret it!  

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 Kyubey10

Seriously though the series was some seriously good stuff and definitely something I'd consider putting on my "every anime fan casual or hardcore needs to watch once" list.  Anyone that gets put off by the cutsey magical girl stuff would be well advised to give the series a shot anyway, it's short and will surprise you.  Good character arcs, good story, fantastic animation, glorious music, it's pretty much the full package.  Even has a good ending too, which is worth noting given how few anime seem to be able to stick the landing.   

Plus Kyubey!  

Madoka spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 14 Sep 2016 - 21:19

By the way Athrun, I must admit I'm surprised that you haven't joined in with any of the Ace Attorney leaping around.  It seems like your sort of thing, as it is very anime in style.  Never been tempted?

This is tangentially related to the topic in hand, as I am continuing to watch the AA anime (which is partway through Justice for All, incidentally) and it's a very nice retelling of the narrative.  Obviously play the games first, then wait a while before watching this.  And be prepared for some quite dodgy animation in the first series.

DR3 Despair 10 Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 18:50

Ace Attorney's one of those series that's been on my radar for years, but as time goes on and the radar gets larger and larger it gets harder to push up the priority list if you know what I mean.  There's a lot of things that basically have "you'll love these" practically written as their titles and they've just built up over the years to the point I was forced to basically order them using ease of access and commitment as criteria.  Heck Madoka Magica was actually one such title.

There was a time five or six years ago when the DS was still prominent where I probably should've taken the leap then.  I used to play games all the time back then and had none of the issues I do now with settling down and just playing for five or six hours and Ace Attorney was readily available.  

Doesn't help I live a really disorganised daily schedule, so by the time everything's done I spend most of my spare time dawdling on the internet.    Like right now. . .  Meh  I think after I've finished here I'll crash, I really need to crack on with the novel I'm reading.

You ever seen Madoka Magica Balla?

No comment on dr3 Despair yet either, the official subs are, as usual, taking their despairfully long time to come out. #Momentai
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 20:56

I'd say that now's about the best opportunity you'll get (short of a few weeks ago): new one just come out, and Drunka's going through them case by case on Gintendo, so you'd not be alone. As the first three are on mobile (although the best versions are on DS), you can even play them whiling walking... if, like me, you don't mind banging into a lamp post occasionally. Embarrassed

And no, I've not seen Madoka... the main problem being that I'm already very well acquainted with its twists.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 15 Sep 2016 - 21:00

I'd recommend downloading the trilogy on 3DS (or phone if that's your jam) and playing them as I am, one case a week. They can be done in one sitting and that way don't feel like much more of a commitment than watching a TV show.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 13:35

I.  AM.  DONE.  You hear me?  DONE!

You wanna talk about triggers?  Because I am so f***ing triggered right now.  This is right up there with that time a pack of magpies ripped a baby one apart in front of me.  

I can't even muster up the willpower to say anything about Juzo turning out to be in the closet for Munakata, none for mastermind theories, barely enough to ask Balla what twists of Madoka were spoiled, and certainly not enough to be able to make a argument for watching Madoka anyway (even though you totally should).  I'm absolutely livid, furious, upset, sad, all in one searing hot package.  

I swear if I watch despair 11 it's exclusively because it's the final one at this point.  F*** this s***.  I'm off to play Digimon and try to unsear what I just watched from my mind. That horses*** better have one HELL of a payoff next week.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 13:41

My response is looking calm and considered right now.  Although again, I didn't watch the episode.

Go play some Phoenix Wright, that'll make you feel better.  All the criminals get their just desserts sooner or later, guaranteed.  (Spoilers I guess...)

Madoka twists wot have been spoiled:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 16:12

There's still a couple of twists in Madoka in store for you then including one biggie at the late-game, I knew even more than that going in and had a blast.   Well, blast might not be the exact word given the tone of the series, but it was a really good series even with the spoilers.  Just gotta let yourself grow attached to the characters and the show does the rest.  And unlike f***ing Despair it won't

Despair 11 spoilers whatever:

I get the executions have always been "brutal", the difference is they've always been highly stylised and so over the top affairs.  This wasn't stylised or cartoonishly over the top.  It was brutal and overly long, and in hindsight I agree with you earlier comment about how normally there's a hero fighting to see justice be done, somehow knowing justice is going to be done makes this sort of thing a lot more tolerable. Although I'm not sure in this case that would've made my reaction much different.

I supposed I should mention
episode ending:

Only because that'll likely come in to play later in Future.  

Back to the far superior Madoka, I knew
Earlier mentioned Madoka Spoils :

Basically there are four big twists, and if those are the only spoilers you know you've still got the best twist under wraps.  

Can't get AA right now alas as I'm broke.  Digimon's pretty grand and mollifying my anger and sorrow however so that's nice.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 16:15

Athrun888 wrote:
I get the executions have always been "brutal", the difference is they've always been highly stylised and so over the top affairs.  This wasn't stylised or cartoonishly over the top.  It was brutal and overly long, and in hindsight I agree with you earlier comment about how normally there's a hero fighting to see justice be done, somehow knowing justice is going to be done makes this sort of thing a lot more tolerable.  Although I'm not sure in this case that would've made my reaction much different.

Agreed with all of this. Wasn't it episode 10 though? Meaning we've got two to go. Maybe tune in for 12 only...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyFri 16 Sep 2016 - 16:28

I'm seeing around the place that episode 11 is the end of Despair proper and episode 12 is going to be an extra of some kind. Either way at this point I can't see how they can possibly get more mentally scarring, they've already figuratively and literally butchered the two characters the viewers would be upset the most by seeing it happen to.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 19 Sep 2016 - 13:32

Reminder a few hours out of the penultimate Dangan-Future episode that the mastermind is probably!

Spoiler:

Alternatively the mastermind is someone who has a grudge against future foundation and the first victim.  In light of the last episode who on earth could possibly fit that bill, I have no idea!  /sarcasm

Spoiler:

Deeeeeeeeeellllaaaaaaaaays aaaaaaaaaaarrreeeeee ffffuuuuuuuunnnnn.

Also the Madoka movie bluray shipped!  Can't wait for more delicious despair! The good feelsy kind that is, not the stomach churning triggering kind.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 20 Sep 2016 - 19:31

D'AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW

And then... well. I guess we know what/who Despair 11 is going to centre around. I'm not sure how...
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 21 Sep 2016 - 16:42

Not sure I like this "twist".  It makes sense, I guess, but I dunno.  It just lacks that balls to the walls insanity Danganronpa fire.  It feels too simple as well.  My money's on his plan being hijacked by the real mastermind.  Something has to be up surely.  Still nice to see my hunch about the Monokuma clips being pre-recorded was on the money, I suspected as much upon rewatching episode one but wasn't confident enough to outright say as much.  

Culprit spoilers:

Death spoilers:

Actually thinking about it

Mastermind spoilers:

WELL THEN

Spoiler:

Calling it now

Mastermind predictions:

Seems we're still several big reveals away from the answer to this mystery.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2016 - 17:23

Just heard some hopeful news!  You know how you've been calling Side Future Side Hope Balla?  Well prepare yourself!  

"Despair 12" name spoilers!:

Get.  Hype.

Given that I guess I'll torture myself one final time in a few days.  After all there's no way they can get worse than Despair 10.  The silver lining of the despair-filled cloud that is them killing all the characters I care about. Now watch them find a way!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2016 - 17:34

Huh. Might actually tune in... except!

Remember Despair Episode 1 where...:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 22 Sep 2016 - 18:02

I doubt it'll have anything to do with Chisa honestly, Side Despair was her story, the title changing likely means a change of setting.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Sep 2016 - 11:55

Well, against my better judgement (and after being informed we were done with the gratuitous violence) I sat down and watched the finale of Despair, and yes, it is indeed the finale.  The verdict?  It gets:

Athrun888's Non-triggering Seal of Approval

Join Danganronpa 3 next week, same time same place, for!

Spoiler:

I'm not going to go in to details about the episode, there was nothing all that objectionable in it so it's safe to watch.  I will say it pretty much answered a big question I'd been left with after last weeks episode however.  Namely

Spoiler:

Decent enough episode, mostly set-up for the two games and Future, the Junko-Makoto scene was fun stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptySat 24 Sep 2016 - 13:07

Thanks for that - as a result of which, I was actually able to watch this.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyMon 26 Sep 2016 - 14:24

Super late news but

ONE PUNCH MAN SECOND SEASON CONFIRMED!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-09-25/one-punch-man-tv-anime-gets-2nd-season-game-app/.106871

Inb4unffunytwopunchmanjoke

Let me say this, if you haven't watched One Punch Man DO SO RIGHT NOW.  This hilarious action series parody with slick as hell action sequences wasn't a smash hit for nothing, and at a mere twelve episodes there is absolutely no excuse not to try it either!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyTue 27 Sep 2016 - 18:34

Oh Hagakure, never change:
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyWed 28 Sep 2016 - 21:21

Oh that one's simple!

Spoiler:

I just love how he's turned in to

Spoiler:

Fun episode. Also loling over

Spoiler:

Roll on Side Hope!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 EmptyThu 29 Sep 2016 - 20:30

Dopo, just making some last minute calls and clarifictations before I see the finale (whenever the official subs stop dragging their feet)

Predictions, naturally a metric ton of spoilers up to but not including the finale are involved:

Just a few last minute things that crossed my mind. And with that I'm going on a blackout of all anime forums and threads until I see the episode. It's been a fun ride, lets hope this goes out with a hope filled bang!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread   The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Anime/Manga/Related Merchandise Thread
Page 8 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next